Chasing the Storm

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Post by Gonesolo »

Rossa's palace was a short distance from the spaceport and Ariane quickly parked her speeder and, accompanied by R5 started inside. Just before entering the massive entry door of the palace she turned to R5 and place her two lightsabers in two storage compartments in his little domed head. Lightsabers stored she and her friend quickly entered the palace.

A foul smell of dirt and filth hung heavy in the air. A smell of death and decay wafted through the corridors. As Ariane drew closer to the main chamber the smell of decay was replaced with another smell, Rossa's stench was like his influence and extended a sizeable distance announcing his presence.

As Ariane entered the chamber a number of dancing girls were twirling and spining in the center of the room. No music however played, Ariane was impressed at how gracefull and co-ordinated the dancers were even with no music to co-ordinate with. As she entered the room she detected another smell a foul stench that she had not smelt in the palace before. It almost smelt like garbage.

Confidently she strode to the middle of the room and stood facing Rossa.

"Rossa, I've come for my payment!" she ordered
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk had been subtly drifting through the thin crowd of aliens, unsure of what to do next. Her eyes widened with astonishment when the black clad woman with the fiery hair strode in. Then to demand payment from Rossa ? Was the the bounty hunter that had virtually wiped out the crew of the Stormcrest? There was something else too.... She was familiar... a face she'd not seen in years...

As the Bounty Hunter and Rossa talked, Rissk edged closer to try and hear what they could be saying. As she picked her way through the crowd, attempting to look casual - she noticed eyes pointing at her. A Rodian and a Twi-lek who were standing very close to Rossa appeared to be discussing her...

Trying not to panic, continued edging towards Rossa, as she did so she heard their conversation. She was the bounty hunter who had taken out the crew of the Stormcrest...

Thinge were looking down at this point. The Rodian had disappeared and Gamorian guards were circling the room closing in on her... Rissk stayed calm and continued listening to Rossa and the Bounty Hunter talk, she asked him what had happened to Skim, but before he could telll her all hell broke loose.

The Twi-lek had shouted something to the guards, who quickly drew their weapons and trained them on Rissk. The crowd arround her backed away, so she was in a circle of weapons pointed at her.

A Trandoshan barked something at her, she silently cursed herself for never learning her own language. A protocol droid near to Rossa spoke next, thankfully in basic, " The exhalted Rossa does not recall hiring a female Trandoshan, our policy here is to kill intruders on sight. If there's any reason we should not kill you state it now."

Rissk would have anticipated this had she thought out this exercise a little better. However one of Kregors old tricks might just be the way out. While the talking was going on her hands had dropped to her sides, she pulled out her dummy Thermal Detonator and activated it, whilst holding it up for them to see, " Hmmmph! Well, the first reason is if you kill me, I'm likely to drop this, and you wouldn't want that..."

Some of the crowd had screamed and dived onto the floor, the guards had backed off - you could cut the atmosphere with a knife... THe Bounty hunter looked at her knowingly... At that point she recognised her, it was Ariane... Ariane could giver her away... Ariane had seen her use this trick before...

" Rossa, I am but a Bounty Hunter, who came here looking for work... Hmmph! considering your hospitality.. I'll take it that there is nothing for me here.... I'll let myself out..."

With that Rissk edged slowly towards the corridor, the detonator still beeping furiously. She could see them watching her as she backed up the long corridor... After she heard the door slide slowly open behind and the bright Tatooine sun washed in she hurled the fake detonator down the corridor into the room and dashed out the door.

Wasting no time Rissk ran to the edge of the plateau and ducked out of sight. There she hid, waiting for the Bounty Hunter to exit. Still not knowing what had happened to Skim, she appeared to be the best chance of finding out...

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane watched as the Transhodian backed cautiously out of the room and left, she studied the woman as she backed away, the face was familiar, but it was such a long time. Was it possible, could it be? Rissk? Ariane was slightly bemused it was a long time since she had seen her savour and this was certainly a strange place for a reunion. A sudden panic errupted in the corridor outside as the thermal detonator was tossed back into the corridor. The detonator bounced back into the main arena.

Blind panic engulfed the room as creaturs small and large desperatly tried to get away from the destructive device. Ariane smiled, indeed she had seen Rissk using this trick before she yelled to one of the nearby guards but her call was drowned out by the sheer panic engulfing the room.

"Ah for frells sake!" she cursed as she pulled out her blaster, leveled it at the beeping sphere and pulled the trigger. The silver sphere vaporised and panic slowly died out from the room as she silently holstered her blaster again.

"Now Rossa, wheres my money. I have expenses. That nerf herder Skim caused me too many headaches!" she demanded as calm returned.

"Yes off course your payment" Boomed Rossa as his protocol droid shuffled over to her with a credit chip in his hand, Ariane quickly snapped it away and examined it.

"It's all there bounty hunter! You did your job admirably I'm sure Skim is enjoying his new home"

"Home?" queried Ariane "I thought he would get thrown to the Sarlac. Thats what you usually do with people who cross you?"

"Not this time. He cost me a lot of money when he lost that shipment money I needed to re-coup."

"So you sold him to a slaver!" called Ariane a hatefull look on her face, She pulled her blaster out and pointed it at Rossa, Rossa's guards quickly pulled their own weapons and a number of dancing girls made a defensive wall in front of the massive slug.

"YOU KNOW OUR AGREEMENT ROSSA. I don't recover people to be slaves!"

"Now, now Ariane. It was business thats all. I had to recoup some of my losses. Now please put your weapon away, there is no way you are going to kill me and walk out of here!"

"Maybe I don't want to walk out of here!" sneered Ariane "You know my conditions you piece of Bantha Dung!"

"Yes Ariane I know your conditions but understand that Bothan cost me a lot of credits, credits I had to re-coup somehow. Degrez offered me that opportunity."

Ariane's temper flared "You sold him to Degrez!" she spat. She turned viciously on her heel and stormed out of the main chamber with Rossa calling after her. A large Gamorian guard attempted to stop her progress but she caught him by the throat and, using the power of her cyber arm, lifted him clear off the ground and slammed him into the wall behind him.

She stormed down the corridor of Rossa's palace, her mind raced as the large metal door opened in front of her.

SLAVERY! Rossa well knew Ariane's feeling on slavery, only one other person understood why she felt so strong about slavery and Ariane would need her help to rescue Skim. But where could Rissk have gone, Ariane hoped she could find her old friend, she would need her help!
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk was some distance away from the entrance to Rossa's Fortress. She had been camped in a small bundle of dusty rocks and boulders, crefully watching the entrance. Dusk was settling over Tatooine now - she didn't have to wait long...

~

Inside Rissk's Gunboat, the Bothans were getting frustrated. Jyma was pacing back and forth in the tiny holding cell fuming, " Hmmph! what if she's gone and got herself killed !? We're all stuck here !"

Freila sighed, " Jyma, calm down. I'm sure if she thought there was any chance of that happening she would have taken it into account... " Marsy had been lying on one of the bunks, she sat up and then stood up," Hmm, Jyma have a lie down for a bit - pacing up and down isn't going to help our situation - besides she's not been gone a day yet! "

Joffie nodded in agreement, " Give her more time Jyma, she'll be back - I just know it... "

~

Ariane, was walking towards her speeder bike, when she heard a faint " Psst! " coming from ... a pile of rocks....

Seeing she had gotten her attention, Rissk cautiously peered out from the rocks and waved at Ariane, who on seeing her strode over...

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane smiled at her old friend as she approached her

"Rissk it's great to see you but what are you doing here. Not that I'm complaining, I could use your help my friend!"

Rissk, visible a little upset by her treatmest by Rossa emerged from her hiding space.

"Hmmmph! Rossa should learn some hospitality I think... Hmmm, good to
see you're okay... I think we could possibly be of mutual assistance to be
honest. I'm looking for the Bothan smuggler captain Skim - I suspect you
know where to find him correct ?"

Confused Ariane stared puzzled at her old friend."Yes strangely enough
that is the reason I was looking for you. Can I ask what your interest in
him is?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk sighed deeply and shrugged, " I'm after him... Not to kill, to rescue - His friends from the erm... Stormbreaker ? No, Stormcrest, they said a bounty hunter wiped out most of the crew, only a few survived. They paid me to find out what happened to him and if possible rescue him."

Ariane stood looking sheepishly at Rissk, Rissk squinted at her, " Hmmmph! What's the matter Kaxson ?! What aren't you telling me ?!"

Post by Gonesolo »

"That doesn't matter right now!" snapped Ariane, a little defensively. "I know where they've taken him alright but he won't be easy to find!"

"Never is, is it?" replied Rissk with a smirk

"No it's worse than that!" replied Ariane, "Rossa sold him to Degrez!"

Rissk's expression dropped somewhat, "That changes things slightly alright!"

Ariane smiled "Don't worry I have a plan! But first we need to find him. I know a guy on Correlia that can help there. Get your ship and I'll meet you in Correlia local space"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk frowned and punched in the co-ordinates Ariane had given her for their rendevous. " Hmmph! I'll see you on Corellia then Kaxson...."

With that Rissk span on her heel and jogged towards where her ship was stored. After the treacherous climb to get to it she hit her remote to de-activate the defences and strode inside. Jyma stood up and yelled at her," Where the frell have you been ! open this Force Field NOW !"

Rissk shrugged non-chalantly, " It's already open... I found Skim, he's not here - but he's alive and I know who has him..."

Jyma's face changed, " Is he alright ?! Where is he ?" A tear welled up in Freila's eye, " Tell me he's okay!? We CAN rescue him right ? "

Rissk, frowned, " I don't know... We're going to try though, a slaver called Degrez has him... DEgrez is a slippery character but... Hmmm, we'd better get underway - I have something to do before we leave...."

The ship lurched into the air, Rissk looked across the landscape to Rossa's Dome like palace. Smiling she guided her gunboat towards the palace. When in range, she armed twelve missiles and fired the whole valley at the trash hatch. Explosions rocked the palace and lames licked out of the hatch. Rissk span the ship around and skimmed the surface, blasting constantly with her Military power Turbo Lasers.

The unshielded wreck was a smoking ruin in minutes, before anyone had time to react. The Hutts would be after her for this, but she wasn't coming back here in a hurry anyhow...

Hitting the reheat Rissk blasted out of the atmosphere and off to Corellia...

Post by Gonesolo »

The quiet slumber of the space port was broken as Ariane powered the Dark Hunter's engines in preparation for take off. As the roar rose to a creshendo she powered the engines to lift the freighter into the air, where she hovered for a few moments before a blast from the main thrusters powered her forward and away from the space port and the barren, forboding rock that was Tatooine.

Moments later the Dark Hunter jumped to hyperspace enroute to Correlia. Ariane knew that if anyone knew where Degrez was then Rouski would know, she just hoped he hadn't left Correlia.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Joffie had wandered into the cockpit. Slightly shaken by what he'd just seen he turned to Rissk, " Things got a bit tense at Rossa's Palace huh ?! "

Rissk scowled at Joffie, " Hmmmph! Slimebucket should learn some hospitality and manners... I'm about to make the jump to hyperspace, pass me a Corellian from the supply cabinet ?"

Joffie nodded, deciding it was best not to interrogate this Trandoshan. He padded back to the supply cabinet to find a jumbled stash of thing like blankets, binders, a few Corellian Ales and some small ration packs. He dragged a Corellian free from the rubble and wandered back to the front.

" Here, how long will it take to get to Corellia ?! "

Rissk, reached back adn grabbed the small container, twisting the top off with her thumb, " Thanks, erm, what did you say your name was !?"

Joffie raised his head, " It's Joffie... How long do you think to Corellia !?"

Rissk chugged her drink, " Hmmm, a few hours, there's a fast hyperspace route from here. "

Joffie, nodded, " I'm going back to talk to the others..."

Rissk nodded as Joffie wandered back...

As the ship cannoned through hyperspace Rissk sighed and climbed out of her pilot seat. Gingerly she climbed up the small ladder into her bunk that was above the hatch into the cockpit and rested back on the bunk.

In the back Jyma Joffie and Freila sat silently, the blue glow of hyperspace lighting the ships interior from the cockpit...

~

A couple of hours later the gunboat dropped out of Hyperspace above Corellia. Rissk dropped the emtpy drinks container into the waste gate and climbed out of her bunk. Within minutes she had manouvered her craft to the co-ordinates Ariane had given her. There was no sign of Arianes ship.

Freila wandered into the front, " Rissk !? What are we doing here ?"

Rissk frowned, " Waiting for help, Kaxson should know how to find Degrez, she said to wait here..."

Post by Gonesolo »

The Dark Hunter exploded from hyperspace in orbit of Corellia, Ariane looked at the chrono and noted that Rissk would not be far behind. She quickly set co-ordinates for a small town well outside of the Correlian main cities and powered the freighter forward. After a fairly uneventful planet fall she was soon standing on the quiet streets of one of Correlia's smaller towns. Yet even though it was small by Correlian standards the buildings still stretched for the sky in an unrelenting race to touch the stars.

In areas like this small dealers found it very easy to hide in the shadows and it was one of these dealers that she sought. Rouski was a bit of a settler, he liked to settle down somewhere and stay, stay until he was literally thrown out of the town. So Ariane was fairly confident that he would not have re-located, unless something desperate had happened. After a short walk she located a small and fairly run down looking shop, it's weathared wooden exterior contrasted heavily against the massive plasticrete structures that dwarfed it. With a sigh she pushed against the door.

A metal bell, suspended above the door announce her arrival. The shop was very 'classic' with wooden counter tops and heavy wooden doors. Littered along each wall was a small armoury of weapons, ranging from small hold out blasters to the larger, barely legal, hunting rifles. Behind the counter, gently cleaning a sporting rifle, a short, scruffy man was hunched over the insides of a blaster. His clothes were covered in grease/oil marks and his hand were grubby. The cloth he was using to clean the weapon was well used and the dirty rifle was almost cleaner than the rag. He looked up casually as he heard the door bell ring

"How can I help you to.........!" his warm greating dyed of as he realised who had just entered his shop. Ariane drew a heavy blaster with her left hand and held it at shoulder level.

She paused for a moment as she looked around the shop.

"Nevar!!" he spat as he thumped the rifle onto the counter, "What do you want here?"

"It's Kaxson and you now it!" she returned "My mother died years ago!"

"My question still stands" he demanded a slight sound of panic in his voice, "What do you want here?"

"Not what who!" she snarled "I want Degrez and we both know that you know where to find him!"

He swallowed hard as she levelled the blaster at his head, but as she did so the doors each side of the room opened and two men, armed with E111 blasters, leveled their weapons at her. This time it was his turn to smile as a broad grin formed on his face.

"Haven't we done this before?" she joked before quickly force pushing the man on her right back through the door and throwing herself into a forward roll. The second man's shot passed over her head and as soon as she had completed her maneuver she returned fire. Two shots caught the man square in the chest and he slumped to the ground. The first guard had now returned to the doorway but as he barged into the room he met the barrel of her blaster. With a vicious smile she stared at him for a quick moment and then pulled the trigger. The pistol discharged straight into his face and with no chance her followed his comrade to an early grave.

Tutting Ariane re-holstered her blaster and turned to face Rouski again.

"When will you ever learn?" with a vicious smile on her face.

Slowly the smile faded and she leapt up onto the counter and down the other side. Roughly she grabbed the grubby little man and forced him back against the wall.

"Now I'm only going to ask once more. Then I'm going to start shooting off limbs. WHERE IS DEGREZ?"

"ALRIGHT.....ALRIGHT.......I'll tell ya!" he pleaded falling to his kness.

20 minutes later and the Dark Hunter blasted off from Corellia bound for her rendevous with Rissk in orbit.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk sat drumming her clawed fingers on the dash of her ship, " Hmmph! Where the frell is she !? "

Freila frowned at Rissk, " Who is Kaxson anyway ? "

Rissk shrugged, " Bounty Hunter... I met her years ago, just after I got my ship actually.... Hmmmph ! There's no way she should be this long, she's gone to the planet to confront her contact... *sigh* Same old Kaxson... She wouldn't wait... Hmmph! If I'd parked the ship closer to Rossa's and not bothered hitting his base - Well we'd have gotten here first easily - I'm sure of it - we'll just have to wait here for her..."

Freila nodded, as she peered out of the plexi-glass viewscreen at Corellia, leagues below.

~

Marsy meanwhile, was desperately trying to keep Jyma and Joffie from fighting each other. Jyma scowled at Joffie shaking his fist in the air, " Shavvit ! We should have used the head hunter! We could be doing this ourselves ! At least we;d have a frelling ship !"

Joffie frowned and pointed his figner accusingly at Jyma," And why do you think she shot up Rossa's palace ? Doe is not OCCUR to you that there might have been some trouble and she was getting revenge ? How do you think WE could have cope ?! Stupid nerfherder!"

Marsy stood in between them, pushing them apart, " Look, CALM DOWN ! Both of you ! Joffie, you're probably right - If we'd attempted to sneak into Rossa's ourselves we probably would have been killed! Jyma, don't jump to conclusions! We have NO idea where Skim is being held! Lets question wether or not we needed professional help AFTER we've seen how difficult it is for them to rescue him! She clearly intends to rescue him, when she could have told us he was dead ! "

Jyma sighed deeply, " I'm sorry, you're both right... I... I just miss Skim..."

Marsy patted him on the head, " We all do Jyma ! But we have to try and stay calm - things are looking up! At least Skims alive !"

Post by Gonesolo »

Rissk's gunboat finally started to pull into view as Ariane slowly cut power to the engines and brought the Dark Hunter up paralell with the other ship. She looked at her friends ship for a moment and then opened a com line.

"Rissk, Degrez passed through here about three days ago he picked up some supplies and moved on. Don't know what route he was taking but do know what his final destination was. I'm sending you the co-ordinates now. Problem is he is due to arrive there tomorrow before moving on again. He's in a Correlian Corvette - heavily modified and armed. It's a bit of a long treck and we're going to have to push our engines hard to catch him!"

Ariane transmitted the co-ordinates as promised and also transmitted what little information she had on Degrez's ship, A military version of a Correlian corvette it carried more weapons and stronger shields than the Stormcrest and also was protected by a squadron of Z95's.

Ariane waited for Rissk's response.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk frowned at the ship details she recieved, she opened the comm to Ariane, " Hmmph! This ship sounds familiar ! It isn't what I think I it is ? "

Freila frowned, " What ship do you think it is Rissk ?" Rissk scowled at her, " A ship I've dealt with before a long time ago... Hmmmph ! Should have destroyed it when I had the chance... "

Rissk tapped the comm again, " Kaxson, if it is the same ship I'm going to have a surprise for them. I've downed Corvettes before without even using my missiles! Let's meet at the co-ordinates, the sooner we set out the sooner we can settle things with Degrez, once and for all...."

Rissk fired up her engines and prepared to make the jump to Hyperspace.

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane smiled at Rissk's reply on the com

"No Rissk I can assure you the Pretence is well hidden these days. From what I can remeber Degrez uses the Corvette to transfer slaves around, No one seems to know where he takes them however so if we miss catching him then we have lost Skim. So we better get moving!"

She checked the navigation computer to ensure that the correct co-ordinates had been entered and quickly pulled back the ships hyperspace levers. The Dark Hunter quickly jumped to hyperspace and was once more engulfed in the azure tunnel of Faster than light travel.

Ariane turned to find R5 standing behing her, she smiled at her little friend.

"Come on 5 lets see if we can squeeze a bit more out of these engines!"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Blasting through Hyperspace Rissk's mind was racing. They would be at their destination in only a short time... Degrez... Not long after she'd escaped Kregors clutches did she meet Ariane... and Degrez.

While she was piloting the ship Joffie came forwards from the back," What's the plan then !?"

Rissk shrugged, " We know where Skim is - we're on our way to go and get him."

Joffie rubbed his chin thoughtfully, " If the fighting starts do you want to man the turret ?!"

Rissk scowled at him, " Hmmph! You can keep your paws off that console thankyou very much! It's automated!"

Joffie looked hurt, " I'm sorry - I was only offering to help..."

The gunboat dropped out of Hyperspace, moments later the Darkhunter appeared. Rissk tapped the comm, " Kaxson ?! What's the plan ?!"

Post by Gonesolo »

"Plan, Plan we need a plan?" sighed Ariane as Rissk waited impatiently for her response.

"Rissk if you can hold off the fighters then I can sneak on board on the Hunter! This ship's cloaking device should ensure I get on undetected. Once on board I'll have R5 setup a tracer signal that you can follow should Balgor jump to hyperspace."

She paused for a moment and then smiled

"Although if you can make short work of those fighters my friends I sure wouldn't mind fighting beside you again my friend!"

R5 beeped and whistled that they were just about to reach the end of their journey. Ariane threw herself into the pilot seat.

"Lets just hope he's still here!" she snarled.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk scoured the array of floating asteroids, the flare of an engine caught her eye in the distance. Swooping elegantly around the Asteriods to get closer, Rissk noticed the darkhunter break off to start another approach vector.

Sure enough it was rather military looking Corellian Corvette. Rissk started powering up Ion Cannons, and shields to max, she checked her missile complement, 16 concusion missiles ready to fire...

As the gunboat siddled along side the Corvette a comm beeped, Rissk opened the channel, " *** Unidentified Gunboat, identify yourself and state your business!***"

Rissk pondered for moment - how to respond ? She flicked her comm transmit switch, "This is Rissk, I'm looking for Degrez..." The comm went silent for a moments, then crackled alive again, " Degrez doesn't know you, he knows his friends well, and if your not his friend then you are his enemy, I suggest you power up your hyperdrive and leave here - NOW !"

Rissk pondered her response... It was a tough one to respond to... She grinned as the ide cae to her. Yanking her control yoke sideways she barrelled into the shield unleashing a furious volley of turbolaser fire at the Corvette. The shields glowed red, then gave momentarily, leaving black pock marks on the hull where Rissks shots had impacted. Lesser ships would have bene destroyed.

Suddenly from out of the Asteroid field six Headhunters appears, lasers blazing. Seeing the threat Rissk corkscrewed over the Corvette, the automatic Turret locking onto her pursuers and poening fire. The close Headhunter took twelve blasts, the shields glowing red as they gave, the Headdhunters engines burst into flames. In a vain attempt to preserve his life the pilot carreered out of the way, cannoning into an Asteroid.

Rissk's hull shook as the other ships rained laser fire down up on her, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the Darkhunter sweep up to the bottom of the Corvette. Seeing her chance Rissk swooped around a larger asteroid, dragging the fighters with her. The automatic still tracking her pursuers Rissk noticed she had missile locks on two. She slammed the launcher button four times, four missiles streaked from the turret and the two fighters exploded in simultaneaous balls of flame.

AS the gunboat shook from another volley of shots Rissk glanced at her shields, 192% efficiency, Ariane was probably aboard by now, it was time to wrap this fight up. She arced around the Asteroid, heading staight for the... It was gone... While traversing the Asteroid the Corvette had gone... Rissk smiled as co-ordinates beamed from the Darkhunter... First to finish these fiighters...

Post by Gonesolo »

After activating the Dark Hunter's cloak Ariane hung back and allowed Rissk to take all the attention from Degrez's ship. Once the firing started she moved the hunter in close to the armoured corvette, keeping low under the ship she wanted to stay out of visual range of any of the gunners. She quickly took advantage as Rissk's gunboat tore down the shields and moved along side the ship and then again slipped in below it. Once in position she quickly attached the Dark Hunter to the under side of the ships main drive section and extended the umbilical link, just as R5 dived behind a nearby asteroid the massive Corvette leapt to hyperspace. Obviously worried by Rissk's apparent ease at taking down their shields, Degrez had decided to run rather that fight.

She turned to exit the cockpit to find R5 sitting behind her, her two lightsabers protruding from his blue dome, where she had deposited them before entering Rossa's palace.

"Thanks 5" she smiled as she quickly attached both to the back of her belt, then she pulled each of her blasters in turn and ensured she had a full power pack in both, satisfied she snapped the blasters back into their holsters and headed to the rear of the ship. Pausing for a moment as she did.

"5 find some way of getting a tracking signal to Rissk, but try not make it obvious ok?"

R5 beeped his happy response and plugged himself into the co-pilot section of the Hunter.

Araine made her way up the umbilical link and gently cut her way through the hull plating of the corvette, the heavy metal hull clanged on the deck on the other side and she sheepishly looked through, relieved she could see no one she climbed through and resealed the hull.

"5 I'm in!" she chimed down the com line.

"FIRE!" Ariane ducked as she heard the call from behind her, diving to one side she rolled in behind a contol console, resisting every impulse in her being she pulled her blasters from her holsters, instead of her lightsabers, and peered round her protection.

Standing at the entry way to the room was a collection of about eight guards all armed all pointing their weapons at her, she threw herself back behind her cover with her back towards it and sighed.

"It's never frelling easy is it?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The fighters closing in on Rissk's gunboat, she slammed the reverse thrusters on, with some downward thrust, dropping out of the way the three fighters cannoned past her. " Hmmph no need to waste any more missiles on this cannon fodder..." Rissk said to herself as she manouvered into the pursuit position.

The headhunter that had picked up Rissk, jinked, left and right trying to shake her Rissk poured Turbo Laser fire into it, soon blowing it up entirely.

The other two, seeing the ease with which they were being despatched, swept around high for a co-ordinated, two pronged attack. Rissk, seeing the threat jinked left and climbed hard into a barrel roll. Straightening up she filled the sky with Turbo laser fire, the headhunters shields glowed red, then a couple more shots and it was a blazing inferno.

The last headhunter was making a break for it now, Rissk having been doing this sort of thing for so long intuitively knew that it was preparing for a jump to hyperspace. Rissk blasted after it, activaating her tractor beam, and emptying the full charge of ion cannons into the small fighter, soon shieldless and with no electrics it was drifting aimlessly into the Asteroid field. Feeling merciful Rissk paused a second, then unleashed four heavy Turbo Laser cannons on the tiny ship blowing it to smithereens.

Rissk, swung around to her navigation computer, she'd pulled up a schematic of a Corvette. Jyma had wandered into the cockpit after the action, " Hey, that was some flying !" Rissk frowned at him, "Hmmph! This must be where the hyperdrive is located on a Corvette !?" pointing at a section near the rear of the ship. Jyma nodded, " Yeah, and the backup will probably be heer unless it's been heavily modified...." Rissk smiled, " Good, go aft, and hold on tight, we're going to make the jump to hyperspace and then charge straight in at them... Stop them escaping."

Jyma barely had time to get back before Rissk had transfered the co-ordiantes and engaged the Hyperdrive.

Moments as they dropped into normal space Rissk saw the Darkhunter, still attatched to the bottom of the corvette, looking like a baby clinging to it's mother... So Ariane was aboard, first things first, to stop them escaping to hyperspace.

Cannoning straight out of hyperspace towards the aft of the ship Rissk opened up with everything she'd got, four military power Turbo Lasers and Four Military Power Ion cannons. Everything targetting the rear of the ship where the hyperdrive and spare hyperdrive should have been located.

Turbo laser fire rained onto Rissk's gunboat which was josstled about by the blasts. Rissk saw the shields glow, then give, wasting no time she quickly unleashed eight high yield concussion missiles, then broke off her attack.

Glancing at her shield indicator she noticed the heavy guns from the greatly upgraded Corvette had knocked her down to 98%, she increased the charge to the shields and it started climbing, 112%, 122%... It continued rising as Rissk jinked left and right to avoid the laser fire.

Glancing back at her target she saw her missiles strike home. A huge, ferocious explosion appeared, that seemed to rock the entire ship. 'Hmmph! Hope Ariane's okay...' Rissk thought to herself.

The ship appeared to be floating dead in space. Rissk studied the ship evaluated the best way to gain entrance. Before she could decide however the gun implacements opened up on her, "Frell, they never give up easily !" Rissk said aloud as she rolled out of the way of the deadly laser fire...

Post by Gonesolo »

Quickly Ariane ducked out at the side of her 'cover' and returned fire, she did not wait to see if her shots hit before ducking back behind.

Suddenly the entire ship rocked and the lights flickered and died.

"Excellent timing Rissk!" smiled Ariane as she jumped out.

The room was pitch black but that didn't bother her, she reached out with the force and was soon aware of where her attackers were. Her blasters rang out angrily in the dark and by the time the emergency lights illuminated the room again only Ariane was left standing.

"Too easy!" she smiled as she slipped silently out into the corridor and towards the engine room.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

In the back of the gunboat the Bothans wer being jostled about by Turbo Laser bolts hitting the gunship, as Rissk tried to manouver around them.

Rissk was having a tougher battle, alot more heavily armed than the Stormcrest, she'd taken to strafing runs, taking out the gun emplacements, then backing off to let the shields re-charge. After a few runs the guns stopped firing, all charred and smoking. Rissk glanced at her scanner-scope. No more high energy readings came from the ship - it was time to board.

Planting the gunboat atop the Corvette, Rissk engaged the docking clamps and locked the into place. Rissk picked up her E-11 and wandered to the back of the ship, " I'm going aboard now, hmmph! If you have a weapon and you want to come - follow me!" Jyma and Joffie stood up, pulling out their pistols. Jyma turned to Freila and Marsy, " Wait here - Joffie and I will sort this out." Before they could dissent Jyma grabbed Joffie, pulling him free of the room and slapped the forcefield activation button - trapping the two females inside. Freila stood up to protest, " You NERFHERDER ! Open this force-field NOW ! " Joffie shook his head, " We're out of weapons Freila, besides you can't shoot for bofa treats anyhow... We'll see you shortly!"

Rissk meanwhile had dropped down the trapdoor. and was carefully carving a large round porthole in the hull with her lightsabre. As the ship parts clanged and crashed onto the floor of the corridor Rissk turned off her sabre and slipped it back into her robes. FLicking her safety catch off she dropped into the thick acrid smoke, quickly followed by Jyma and Joffie.

Alarms were going off left right and centre in the Corvette, Rissk dived to the floor and unleashed a volley of shots as some defenders rounded the corner. They were near the front of the ship. Rissk called to the Bothans, " This way ! We'll capture the bridge, we can find out where SKim is from there!"

The three shuffled up the corridor rapidly, Joffie covering their rear, occasionally firing a few blasts as defenders attempted to follow them...

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane barged her way into the engine room, knocking an engineer over the safety rail and down to the ground below. Two more engineers charged her and she quickly kicked one back down the metal stair way and shot the other straight in the chest as he fell to the ground she leveled her blaster at the man at the base of the steps as he struggled to get up.

"Where's Degrez!" she demanded

"Probably on the bridge or in his quarters!" stutered back the man, a bit unhappy to be staring at the barrel of a heavy blaster pistol.

"Thank you!" she called with a smirk and pulled the trigger

As his body slumped to the ground Ariane approached the engine controls

"Jez those Bothans gave worse than this!" she commented as she activated the controls. Slowly she over heated the plasma manifold on the main engines the explosion would destroy most of the engine room but should not penetrate the hull or damage the rest of the ship. As she turned to leave a squad of tweenty 'heavies' appeared at the entrance and immediatly opened fire, desperatly she threw herself behind a control panel and started to return fire.

"This is not good!" she snapped as she caught a glipse of the control panel which showed the plasma relays status. The pressure was growing steadily and she would not have much longer to get clear.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk charged through the ship with the Bothans in tow, they were on the level above the bridge. The ship had sustained heavy damage, apart from the defenders, numerous repair crews were rushing around the ship, only to be mown down under hails of blaster fire from Rissk, Joffie and Jyma.

Eventually they hit a dead end - Rissk caught on to where they were first.
"Hmmph! We're on the wrong frelling floor ! The bridge is underneath us !"

Joffie was covering the doorway into the area, he called over his shoulder, " We can't just drop down there ! We'll be shot before our feet hit the deck !"

Rissk smiled, " Not necesarily, I have an old trick just for this occasion."

Rissk while being covered by Jyma and Joffie, slowly carved a large round hole in the deck using her blue bladed lightsabre. As the deck plate fell a furious hail of blaster fire ricochetted around the hole, Rissk only just jumping free in time. " Hmmph ! Get ready and follow my lead !"

Rissk pulled out one of her thermal detonator dummies, armed it and rolled it slowly towards the hole. As soon as they heard the shrieks from below Rissk dropped down the hole followed by the two Bothans, Blasters blazing as they dropped. Soon the bridge was a sprawl of smoking corpses.

Rissk scanned teh bodies looking for Degrez, it had been a long time ago, but her memory was good - he wasnt there....

Out of the corner of her eye Rissk noticed Ariane, cowering away from blaster fire on an engine room monitor. Rissk seeing the flashing console guessed what Ariane was up to. Understanding her predicament, Rissk rushed over to the console and quickly punched in the sequence for the gas fire extinguishers in the engine room and adjoining corridors....

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane quickly fired off a few shots and ducked back down behind cover, she heard a scream and smiled as she knew another of her attackers was taken care off. Then she heard something else a hiss, like steam escaping which quickly rose into a noise like a full blown spray. Curiously she peeped her head over the console she was hiding behind to see the extinguisher systems discharging, she smiled realising that Rissk must have noticed her predicament and decided to help out.

The gas was extremely efficient at putting out fires but unfortunatly was also quite toxic, before the gas got too thick Ariane took a deep breath and used the force to slow down her breathing and then quickly force ran out of the room.

She very quickly caught up on the retreating guards and she charged head long into them. The first two guards fell quickly as she rabbit punched them, winding them, they fell in a crumpled heap on the ground. Then she grabbed the third man and head butted him, smashing his noise, blood exploded from his crushed nose and he fell to the ground screaming in pain. As he fell she pulled her two blasters again and opened fire on the remaining guards. All this happened before the surprised team could react and before even a shot was fired in retaliation they were all lying in a heap on the ground.

A wiry smile formed on Ariane's face as she gasped and breathed deeply of the fresh air now that she was clear of the engine room, but she was not safe, she continued to sprint down the corridor and as she entered the turbo lift in the center of the ship there was a dull thwump and the entire ship shook. Lights flickered and died and a few moments later the emergency power kicked in.

Ariane ficked open the com link in her cyber arm.

"Rissk, my friend where are you?" she called into the com
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk seeing Ariane had escaped the engine room on the security monitor turned her attention to the others. All parts of the ship were covered, some of the cells even, there were several Bothans and other species too.

Joffie and Jyma were covering the door to the bridge, occasionally one of Degrez thugs would run to the door, only to be cut down by Joffie and Jyma's blaster fire.

Rissk started shutting down all the engines, and weapons aboard the ship. FLicking switches and turning knobs frantically. Eventually it was just floating junk with lights and life support. Happy with her work Rissk ignited her sabre and diced the control console. Flicking the sabre off and tucking it away she raised her E-11, " Come on, we should fight our way to the cells... Looking at the security monitors, I think they are on the bottom deck near the middle."

Joffie nodded, ran to the door and peered out. After a few moments he waved Jyma out. Carefully Rissk and the two Bothans picked their way through the smoke and the debris...

Post by Gonesolo »

On emergency power the turbo lift took longer than she would have wanted but eventually deposited Ariane on the bottom floor, she wondered where Rissk was she had no return from her communication but that could be due to some sort of interferance. She had no idea where the prisoners where but she though of starting at the bottom and working up.

As the door of the torbolift swung open she sensed something through the force, an image came to her a fleeting image of an imperial heavy repeater firing down a corridor, firing at the ..... turbolift.

She did not have time to think as she launched herself straight up at the emergency access port on the lift. The port crashed open in front of her and she flew through the hatch as the repeaters first volley slammed into the back wall of the turoblift.

"Impressive" she thought as she swung her upper body down through the hatch and returned fire. She heard a yell down the corridor as she dropped back down onto the lift floor. Cautiously she crept out of the lift. As she emerged an elbow suddenly smashed her in the face and she stumbled backwards, dropping her blasters. She stumbled against the back wall of the turbo lift to see an absolutly huge Transhodian step in and almost fill the lift door.

Ariane groaned as her massive opponent charged at her.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

After making their way into the fore turbolift Rissk and the two Bothans clambered inside. Humming softly the lift lowered them to the bottom floor. As the doors slid open a cieling turret blasted shots at them.

Jyma pushed Rissk and Joffie to the sides out off harms way and dived forwards under the blasts. The blaster shots ricocheted off the floor, just singing Jyma's fur. Before it could fire again Jyma took out the cieling cannon. Climbing to his feet he waved Rissk and Joffie out.

After taking out several more cieling cannons along the way the three came to the cell bay. There was alot of cells to check, Rissk motioned for Jyma and Joffie to start at the fore where they were, while she checked from the rear. Rissk turned as she walked away, " Hmmph! You see any fairly old male humans - don't let them go... Anyone else you can escort to the gunboat..." Joffie and Jyma looked at each other confused, then shrugged and set about searching the cells.

As Rissk neared the far end of the cell bay she heard a scuffling noise sprinting silently up the corridor the noise grew louder. In the aft turbo lift, a huge trandoshan male with a mighty spine on his head was mounted on top of Ariane, raining blows down up on her.

Ariane was defending well, covering her head, before the brute had the chance to press home his advantage Rissk stepped up behind and slammed her E-11 solidly onto the back of his head.

Rissk stepped back triumphantly, smirking at the huge Trandoshan wobbling... Then standing up. 'Uh oh... hmmph! Great...' Rissk thought to herself. The huge lizard slammed his foot onto Arianes chest and pulled his blaster from it's holster, " Wait your turn WHELP !" He snarled and blasted Rissk, who tried to dive clear, the shot just grazing her shoulder.

Rissk grunted in pain as she slid along the floor on he side, trying to level her blaster at the Trandoshan giant.

Post by Gonesolo »

The Transhodian was very strong and relentless in his assault, however Ariane was just barely able to deflect the strongest of his blows. However some of his lighter blows hit home and even though the majority of the force was taken out of them, her head rung like a giant bell with each blow. Eventually she was reduced to cowering behind her arms and absorbing what she could of the impacts that were reigning down on her.

Suddenly he stopped, Ariane did not know why at first but she cautiously stole a glance at why. She saw Rissk as a smug grin vanished from her face and her massive attacker shifted his attention to her. He snarled something at Rissk as he stomped his massive foot down on Ariane's chest, the impact causing her to fold up around the massive foot in pain. Then he opened fire with the blaster in his hand as Rissk dived to the ground. As he did so he ground his foot to the ground and Ariane writhed in pain under it.

The pain was unbearable, she could not move. Yet, as the pain grew, she started to quiet her mind, seperate herself from the pain she was feeling.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The enormous Trandoshan was lining up his second shot, foot still planted firmly on the prone Ariane's chest. Wasting no time, Rissk squared her blaster on his head and pulled the trigger... 'click', 'click'

'Hmmph! Frell! ' Rissk said as she glanced at the empty powercell indicator on the side. Rolling out the way frantically, as another two shots pock-marked the deck where she'd been- She stood up quickly and hurled her empty blaster right into his face.

Caught off-guard the Trandoshan behemoth wsa too slow to react and Rissk's flying E-11 contacted squarly on his nose. Green blood splattered in his eyes, Rissk whipped out her sabre and ignited it. Wielding it decidedly inexpertly she took a wild swing at his head.

Seeing it just in time, the stalwart trandoshan ducked and slammed a punch into Rissk's ribs lifting her off her feet and hurling her down the corridor. Grimacing at the pain Rissk rolled to break her fall. Her now de-ignited sbare clattering down the corridor after her...

As Rissk looked up she saw a startlde look on the trandoshan's face. Still standing on Ariane he reached up to feel his head, as he touched his crown, a thin layer, neatly sliced off the top of his head slid onto the ground, exposing is slightly damaged brain... " Snooo faay verrrrdat !?" He growled at Rissk, looking slightly disorientated. He levelled his pistol at her in a shaky hand and pulled the trigger.

This time the shots were wild and far spread, Rissk kept low to avoid being hit and reached for her sabre...

Post by Gonesolo »

Distracted by Rissk Ariane saw her chance to get out from under the behemouth. With a quick, effortless motion she pulled up her legs and wrapped them around the three trunk that held her to the ground. Using the force to reinforce her own strenght she pulled her body straight again. The force of the push from her thighs and the giant Transhodian stuumbled and fell forwards.

Snarling the massive beast turned as Ariane stood back up in the lift, he rose himself to full height and belowed loudly. As he did so two metal cyclinders leapt to Ariane's hands and two glowing green blades emerged from the cylinders. For a moment the Transhodian stopped, almost re-considering his next move and then took a step forward. As he did a glowing blade erupted through his chest and continued out the right side of his body, taking the lower half of his right arm also, he turned with a bewildered look on his face to see Rissk, panting slightly, as she finished the swing with her blade. Slowly he fell to the ground and stopped moving.

Ariane breath a sigh of relief and gave a thumbs up signal to her friend, as she did so she saw two figures appear at the end of the corridor, when they saw her they raised their blasters opening fire and yelled something she could not hear above the incoming fire.

Rissk standing slightly closer heard Jyma's call to take cover and out of instinct she threw herself to the floor as a volley of blaster bolts flew over her head.

Using her already activated lightsaber's Ariane deflected the incoming blaster fire, but she was not quick enough to catch the first volley and one of the shot impacted her in the side. She crashed back against the turbo lift wall, deflecting the incoming blasts that she could but she was loosing the fight.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk seeing Ariane pinned down by Jyma's fire, called out to him, " STOP SHOOTING YOU NERF HERDERS !!! SHE'S ON OUR FRELLING SIDE !!!"

The firing stopped, Rissk, tired and dazed saw Jyma stride past her fuming and slam the muzzle of his pistol between the prone Ariane's eyes. Joffie, shoved the muzzle of his pistol between Rissk's eyes, " SO YOU'VE BEEN IN THIS TOGETHER FROM THE START EH !? HOW MUCH MORE MONEY WERE YOU GOING TO MAKE TOGETHER THROUGH THIS ?!?! WE SHOULD KILL YOU NOW !!!"

Rissk sighed deeply, " Look, we're not in this together at all. Yes, she took the bounty on Skim, but she's the only person who knew where to find him. Hmmph, I'm sorry... I thought I could use the help on this... She wanted to help."

Joffie scowled at Rissk, " WHY THE FRELL WOULD SHE WANT TO HELP ?! SHE MASSACRED OUR CREW ! OUR ENTIRE FAMILY ! "

Rissk shrugged half heartedly, her strength gone from the fight with the Trandoshan, " I don't know... Why don't you ask HER ?!"

Jyma pressed the muzzle of his pistol hard against Ariane's forehead, " Well!? HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS !?"

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane grimaced as she pushed herself up the wall of the turbo lift, the pain in her shoulder was unbearable but Jyma would not give her space she pushed the barrel of her blaster hard against Ariane's forehead.

She shot Jyma a hatefully look, a red fire burned in her eyes and Jyma's will faltered slightly.

"I have my reasons!" she snarled "Now take that blaster away before I finish the frelling job I started!"

Jyma could read the determination in Ariane's eyes and her voice she knew she meant what she said. Slowly, and very cautiously, she backed away from the flame haired woman, never taking her blaster away from it's steady aim. Ariane brought herself to full height and closed her eyes. Jyma was not sure what she was doing but she had seen her uncle doing something like it before - some kind of Jedi trance. Over a few moments Ariane's injury seemed to stop hurting her.

Jyma turned to Joffie,"Come on I don't like this lets find Skim and get the frell outta here!"

"You won't find him!" snapped Ariane,"He's with Degrez. Degrez likes to take a few days and give his new slaves the 'personal' treatment. He likes to break their will himself, gives him a sense of achievement. Now while we stand here debating Degrez is taking Skim to his personal ship he will escape with him unless we work together as the hanger is well defended!"

Jyma snarled at Ariane, "How can I trust you! You killed our crew! You killed our family! Why your sudden change of heart!"

Ariane's temper could take no more, she was used to getting abuse, most times she was doing things that deserved the abuse she got. But now she was trying to help these people and she was still getting abuse.

"YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M HERE!" she roared "You REALLY want to know??? ......... HERE!!!"

She undid the zipper on her jump suit to half way down and pulled down the right shoulder and turned so her back was to the two Bothan's. There on her right shoulder, unweathered by time was a large 2 inch square slave branding. She gave the two Bothan's time enough to recognise what it was and then closed her jumpsuit again.

A look of depression appeared on Araine's face as the past came rushing back to her. She put her two lightsabers back on her belt and retreived her two blasters.

"The hanger is that way" she indicated down a corridor which lead to the front of the ship "Degrez keeps his ship close to the cockpit for ease of escape!"

The with a sigh she started off down another corridor which lead back towards the rear of the ship.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

OOC: Jyma is a guy, not a girl!

Rissk, Jyma and Joffie charged down the corridor after Ariane, Joffie and Jyma looking both scared and angry at Rissk and Ariane.

Rissk frowned at Joffie as they jogged up the corridor, " Hmmph! Stop looking at me like that ! We're going to rescue your friend, then I'll take you to Coruscant, look does it matter - If you weren't willing to deal with this sort of thing, you shouldn't have been smuggling spice for Rossa! Somebody give me a new powercell!"

Joffie scowled at her, " We needed to make a living! The Empire taxes merchants and couriers so hard these days, you barely pay for your fuel running legal goods, we've mouths to feed... Hmmph, or at least we had..." A tear was welling up in Joffies eye as the memory of his murdered friends re-surfaced. He handed Rissk a fresh powercell, she clicked it onto her E-11.

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane strode determindly through the corridors of the corvette only lightly listening to the conversation going on behind her. Hearing Joffie's comments she spun on her heel and stared him down.

"You need to make a living? Why do you think I do what I do? Fact is I don't care if you run spice for Rossa or are running from the Corruscant police or if the imperials are after your blood. I..... like you offer a service and I do it to live. You want to stop run ins with people like me. Stop running spice, stick to the right side of the law and our lives should never cross again. Keep annoying people like Rossa and me or someone much worse will come looking for you again! And the next one may not be so forgiving!"

She turned swiftly, not giving him time to reply and pulled a lightsaber from her belt, igniting it she jumped high and cut a hole in the ceiling off the corridor then, putting the blade away she jumped and disappeared into that hole. Once inside she took a quick glance around to get her bearings and then started to shuffle along on her belly towards the front of the ship.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk frowned as Ariane dissapeared into the cieling, on the one hand, she knew Ariane was right, but the Bothans were right too. Merchant taxing had become out of control recently. Eventually Rissk closed on a large bulkhead door. Standing clear she prepared to hit the activation button.

Casting a glance over her shoulder she saw the two Bothans, ready weapons poised. Rissk tapped the door open.

Inside Degrez was standing behind Skim, a smug look on his face. Skim was wearing a large metal collar, and Degrez was holding a small metal cylinder in his hand.

" Ahhh, my friends, glad you could make it. I've been watching the security monitors, from I've seen and heard you must be looking for...Skim here? I suggest you don't attempt to shoot me, I'm holding down the detonator on the remote for Skims collar, which is loaded with explosives. Any sharp movements and I might become distracted..."

Rissk scowled at Degrez, lowering her weapon slightly. Skim, raised his head slightly, " Joffie? Jyma ? Where is everyone ? What happened?"

Jyma grimaced, Skim look battered and worn, his clothes ragged and soiled. He called out to SKim, " Don't worry, we're going to be alright."
Degrez laughed heartily, " Hah ! Yes, you'll be fine slaves I'm sure of it, and the Trandoshan too! If you don't offer yourselves, your friend Skim dies - are we clear ?!"

Rissk smiled at this, " Hmmph! Well, he's not my friend, I'm just a Bounty Hunter... I'm not really that bothered wether he lives or dies..."

Rissk raised her blaster and levelled it at Degrez, Degrez face dropped, " YOUR'E BLUFFING !" A look of panic on his face Degrez realised he'd neglected to pick up a weapon in his over -confidence.

Hmmm, I don't want Skim killed.... Hmmph ! How the frell am I going to do this ?! Rissk thought to herself...

Post by Gonesolo »

As Ariane climbed through the conduits in the ceiling of the corvette she slipped into the heating shafts that ran through the hanger. She peeked out through the grating to see Rissk and the Bothans facing off with Degrez. Instantly that she saw Degrez the past rushed back to her, her mind whirled with images and memories from her childhood. Her child hood as a slave.

Her anger flared and she noticed two guards trying to get the jump on Rissk who had her weapon levelled at Degrez. With cat like precision she darted through the heating duct until she was directly above the two approaching men. With a quick kick she opened the grill and dropped in between the two guards, her lightsaber ignited with a hiss as she dropped gracefully to the ground. Both guards turned to face her with a look of surprise in the eyes as she touched down between them, desperatly they turned to level their weapons on her but it was too late. Swinging her blade in a wide arc she sliced the first guard across the torso, his top half fell slowly away from his lower a look of pain graced his countenance. Then she back stabbed with her blade and ran through the second guard behind her, he paused for a moment as he blade pierced his intestines before stumbling back a step and then collapsing to the ground. With a vicious smile Ariane turned of her lightsaber and drew her two blasters.

Hunched on the ground she pulled the two blasters up and slowly raised her head to look at Degrez, her eyes burned with a terrible anger her self control slipped further and further from her as small tools and pieces of debris, including the two guards body, were tossed away from her by an unseen force as her rage found escape through her mastery of the force.

"DEGREZ let him go" she commanded as she stood up from the ground and levelled both blasters at the man who was obviously very preturbed by her arrival.

"Ah Ariane!" he managed to reply "I see everyone is here then! Drop the weapons or Skim here dies!"

"Not going to help you Degrez and you know it. I owe you. I owe you big time. Whethar you let him go or not you are not leaving this room alive!"

Degrez was a little worried by the determination and sheer force in Ariane's voice, not least by the tempest of debris that was being kicked up around her.

Suddenly Ariane's blaster bucked in her hand and Degrez screamed. Then it became clear, with expert precision she had struck the hand that held the detonator, completely destroying the detonator and severing three of Degrez's fingers in the process, they lay on the ground beside the smoking, twisted detonator. As Degrez looked, shocked, at his hand then he glanced back at Ariane. An evil, sadistic smile graced her countenance and she continued to slowly cross the hanger towards him.

He turned to Rissk and the two Bothan's and started to desperatly beg for his life.

"Please. Please" He pleaded "Don't let her near me. She's mad. Totally insane!"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk scowled at Degrez, grovelling at her feet, " Hmmph! She can torture you to death for all I care... I know I would, Hmmph ! I've heard the stories!."

With that Rissk slammed her E-11 square onto his nose. Blood erupted over his face and he reeled back, stumbling onto the floor. Stepping forwards Rissk planted a foot squarely on Degrez chest and ignited her sabre. Degrez, tried desperately to wriggle free, but Rissk was faster, carefully she dibbed the tip of her sabre into his left eye. The scream of pain echoed through the ship.

In the background the Bothans shuddered at the unearthly scream. Rissk pulled her sabre free and all that was left was a charred mess where his left eye was, " Now, give me the key to that explosive collar - quickly, or I do your right eye."

Frantically Degrez fumbled through his clothes for the key and handed it to Rissk. Rissk turned her sabre off and smiled at him. Casting the key through the air to Joffie she smiled warmly at Degrez as she stepped off him, " Thankyou...... Ariane, he's all yours!"

Post by Gonesolo »

The tempest around Ariane almost exploded into a full blown storm as Rissk stepped away from Degrez. Degrez still whimpering in pain and clutching his eye tried to crawl away from her as she approached. Silently Ariane put her blasters back into their holsters.

"The pain in your eye will be nothing when I'm finished with you Degrez!" she snarled as she reached out to him with her two hands.

Slowly Degrez lifted up off the ground, suspended by and unseen force. In panic he forced himself to look at Ariane.

"Please, Please I ........ ack!!"

Annoyed with his words Ariane would listen to no more and she started to choke him, then she quickly sprinted the space between them and roughly grabbed him as he clawed desperatly at his throat. Roughly she grabbed him at the chest and pushed him roughly against the wall behind him. He hit the wall hard and his head thumped against the bulkhead.

Ariane snarled at him and then started to repeatedly punch him in the face. Bloody splattered from his pumled face and red stains appeared on her clothes. Then she changed targets and started to viciously pound his stomach, with a roar of contempt she pushed him back up against the wall and kneed him in the groin.

With a snarl she looked around the cockpit and then smiled viciously. She pulled him roughly away from the wall and shoved him across the cockpit. At the rear of the cockpit were two escape pods with all her strenght Ariane smashed Degrez into the door of one. Punching the control panel she opened the pod and shoved him inside. Then she followed him in and removed her ligtsaber. Degrez cowered away as she brandished the lightsaber in front of him but she did not strike at him. Instead she cut away the viewscreen of the pod and stepped back into the corvette.

She stood at the door and faced Degrez, her wyes burned with a ferocity he had not seen in a few years.

"Call this revenge Degrez! Now you shall now what it's like for something to happen to you and you have no control over it! See how you like it SCUM!" She slamed the door of the pod shut and activated the count down timer.

A soft female voice slowly counted down to the launch of the pod

Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk watched as Ariane sent Degrez into oblivion. The Bothans were hugging each other in the background. Rissk smiled to herself, it had been easier than some jobs... And she'd gotten to see Ariane again, whom hadn't changed a bit.

Striding over to Ariane Rissk rested her reptilian hand on Arianes shoulder. Ariane was still seething at this point, " Hmmmph! That should take care of him eh ? Listen what are your plans now ? I need to take the bothans back to Coruscant or wherever they want to go... I need to get paid... "