The Jedi Temple: Breaking Bonds Part I

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

The Jedi Temple: Breaking Bonds Part I

Post by Mir »

Tone walked through the hallways, picking up from various people more information about what had happened to Caitlyn. She was unsure who this Sith witch was. There had been talk that it had been a woman who had sort of accosted Akain and Caitlyn before on Nexus Station. Word had also spread that this woman was someone from Akain's past. Tone knew a bit about Akain's past. Probably less than Caitlyn or Kalja did, but it was still a good bit. Nowhere in all of that, could she remember him telling her anything about a Sith witch. It didn't make sense. She wanted to ask him about that. Her first concern was not Caitlyn. She figured that if the woman was even within an inch of life, bacta had been invented for a reason. Tone was an empathic person, a kind and sweet person. She could feel the pain that Akain was going through.

But her first concern was the safety of the students, the younglings and the younger padawans. Even the older padawans, they wouldn't be able to fight against someone like this witch. Tone doubted that she could, either. She wanted to make sure that the woman had either left, or if she was still around, they could find her and convince her to leave.

As it was, Tone wanted to go to Caitlyn's medical room and ask Akain some questions, but she knew that now was not the time. For her, her concern was on one thing, but Akain was too occupied with getting Caitlyn healthy. Which was interesting, because if she had gauged their relationship right, Caitlyn would wake up and the first thing she would do, would be to smack Akain for not getting there sooner to help her. Tone passed by the sparring rooms and saw Renato engaged in a match with Daer'Gunn. Her boyfriend, no, her fiancee, she thought with a smile, was tall, taller than her definitely. But Daer'Gunn was taller than Renato and Tone was willing to believe that the Jedi Master was nearly a foot taller than she was. It wasn't like she was going to get a measuring tape out though. She was short. It was one of her burdens in life to bear.

That of course got her sidetracked. Because now she wasn't thinking about younglings and their safety. Well, she was, but she was thinking about younglings who called her, mother.

Lots of little babies and little ones, who would hopefully not inherit their father's predilection for running into sharp objects with their eyes nice and wide and open. Tone smiled as she imagined sleepless nights due to a baby crying. Renato would insist on her going back to bed so she could rest. Then she'd walk to the doorway because she wouldn't be able to sleep and she'd see him sitting in a chair, holding their little one. The baby would reach up and bonk his father on the nose. Tone would be happy that her child could see where his father's nose was. Renato would be singing, or attempting to sing, since she didn't know whether he could sing or not, a lullaby from Froswythe.

Tone's eyes would get all teary and the next day she'd tell Renato that she wanted another one.

As it was, she wanted one right now.
Last edited by Mir on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Re: The Jedi Temple: Breaking Bonds

Post by TalRaimi »

“I never much cared for blasters,” Ethan remarked as he easily blocked Rissk’s attack, “Such inelegant weapons.”

“Who cares about elegance as long as your opponent’s dead?” Rissk threw back, this time aiming a low slash at Ethan’s knees.

“And what if you don’t want to kill him?” the Jedi Master countered, both verbally and with his lightsaber.

“Hmm, that’s what stun settings are for!”

Ethan smiled, actually she had a point there. “Well, they’re still clumsy compared to a lightsaber.”

“So far I prefer the blaster,” Rissk muttered.

“Fair enough,” Ethan had to conede that her form with the lightsaber left much to be desired, however for her first formal lesson she wasn’t actually doing all that badly. “But a lightsaber is part of being a Jedi, if nothing else it’s a symbol of what we stand for.”

“A symbol?”

“A light in the dark places of the galaxy,” he explained, before adding somewhat glibly, “And it comes in handy if the other guy starts shooting back, nothing like a lightsaber for blocking blaster bolts.”

Rissk glanced over to the rack of remotes. “Hmm, I wouldn’t know.”
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk screwed her face up as she blocked another strike and slashed back. "Hmmph! Well I do know - Kaxson used to use that trick... I used to just use my sabre to cut things - It was very good for that... I tried to cut Kregor's head off with it once, but it was so awkward feeling I almost took my foot off doing it!"

As she moved around slashing and hacking, blocking and parrying she was beginning to enjoy it. It was more personal and involved than blaster combat, she felt like there was the capacity for more skill to be involved... She even started to feel so in the flow of it - that she stopped thinking about what to do and just moved how she felt, and her moves became more elegant and accurate for it...
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Renato's defense had not only become good, but was borderline amazing. He could parry and dodge like no one else and even some of his moves in that defensive web he had created, surprised his master. However, he never once moved into to in offensive positions. His growing mastery of Niman was astonishing in the time that Daer'Gunn was gone, but something was wrong with his stance.

It was when it was in his off hand. Renato moved and sometimes held his blade as if he was carrying something much heavier and the the realization hit Daer'Gunn like tons of durasteel falling on him.

He's been practicing with that Sith weapon after I specifically told him not to touch it.

Also in that moment, Renato's attention deviated for a split second. Daer'Gunn had already picked up on their visitor and when his student's attention was momentarily occupied on something other than what it should be, he struck. He reached out and grabbed the inside of Renato's right arm and using his strength, he squeezed in just the right place that cause Renato, the cry out in a pain. The students lightsaber fell from his hand and Daer'Gunn stepped in and under his students right arm deactivating his own lightsaber in the process. He kicked at the back of Renato's left knee cause the young man to fall to his knees. Daer'Gunn put the end of his lighsaber to the back of Renato's head.

"You're dead. Executed. There is nothing else besides the Force for you now. Your fiancee will now go on with her life wondering what happened and what if her love had survived."

A tempered anger began to enter into his voice.

"Do you not get it? YOU'RE DEAD! Everything you wanted to protect you lost because you lost your concentration."

He pointed at Tone who was still watching.

"She distracted you by her very presence and you lost control over yourself because of it. It's not her fault you failed, it's yours. You hold the power to protect those you love, those you claim to serve but you must stay focused. Thank the Force that I was not a Sith or I would have severed your leg from your body and then I would have ended you in a most painful way without honor."

He turned away from his student, frustration rolling through the Force.

"You have the ability to pick up things quickly and your dueling skills have come a long way, but you fight like everyone you have trained with. In some of your moves I saw various master's here at this place, shoot I Araya in many of your more traditional moves, but none of that is you. All these forms are good for discipline and they teach us specific ways to move and what to do here and there, but you must come to your own blending of the forms for what works best for you."

Daer'Gunn sat down on the bench next to his cloak. Renato just turned and stood in front of his master.

"You have even been practicing with that sword again after I told you not to touch it. I can see it in your stance when you get flustered by an opponent. You use you saber as if you are wielding something much heavier and not weighted correctly. You even fought like that Sith in our duel, I wonder if you even noticed it.

That Sith blade will corrupt you. I asked not to touch it once, and now I am telling you, do not train with that blade ever again. And yes I know that you will say something response to that but I don't want to hear it. It has tainted your training and that also means it will hold a taint on your soul. If you claim to love Tone as much as you say you do, you will learn to not only guard her, but you must learn to guard yourself, from her. From her presence, from her pain, she might not even know that she has distracted you but in the heat of battle, a split second is too much time."

He motioned for Tone to come over and to sit by her love. She did and took Renato's hand.

"This is not a defeat my friend, this is a lesson learned. If you can learn this lesson now, then I have saved you a great deal of pain and suffering in the future.

Renato looked between Tone and his master. He knew that the blade was dangerous, but he also knew that he was being careful. Whenever he felt the temptation of the Dark Side, he would set the blade aside. He knew that his future was dark; he would have to face that darkness either way, and he knew that if he learned to walk the fine line between light and dark now, he might not fall into the black-hearted fate that he had seen.

But he also knew that, even if Daer'Gunn could understand that need, he would not approve. Even if Daer'Gunn knew the darkness that he had to face, Renato knew that Daer'Gunn would not want him to go through that.

So he knew that he could not explain himself to Daer'Gunn. If his master found out through the joint meditation of combat, then so be it - but for the moment, Renato had to acquiesce. And he knew that his master was absolutely right about his focus.

So he simply nodded. "Yes, master," he said, "I will hone my focus."
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Daer'Gunn looked of his student as well as his fiancee.

"You two hold a special future together but at the same time, you must be willing to give up the other. The line we walk as Jedi when it comes to marriage and attachments is much different from the old ways. I love Araya with everything inside me, and I know she feels the same. However, we both understand that if it came down to my life or her life in order to preserve the greater good, we must do what the Force instructs us to do.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that our duty to justice and peace in the galaxy might very well cost me my life and I am prepared for that. That preparation makes me not fear death, but makes my time here on this plane so much more precious. Enjoy every second of life together and never hide anything from each other. Your relationship must be open, raw and honest. You both have faults, we all do, but it's in those faults that we can fully express our love for one another. Believe me, Araya and I have butted heads many times, and sometime literally, but through those fights, I then see her gentleness and her love for all things living. What she sees in me I will never know, but I do know what is in her heart.

Listen to me, here I am giving you two marriage advice. I hope that there is some way that we can make the future a peaceful one in order to raise up the next generation to keep the peace."

The large master sat down and took a deep breath, suddenly feeling much older than he should be. Visions of holding Alexander in his arms and listening to his little laugh. The thought of never seeing him take his first steps, or hearing his first word felt like the weight of the universe was on his back.

"I pray that you two never have to experience the pain that Araya and I have. That is why we fight, that is why we train to become stronger in the Force. We need to protect those who can not protect themselves. The innocent, the weak, and broken. That is why we are Jedi. That is why we must stay focused on the path set before us. We will begin a new lesson for you tomorrow Renato."

Renato looked up at his master.

"We will begin to find yourself in you lightsaber forms and we will begin to work on some techniques to keep you in focus. No matter what is coming after you. We will work on bringing your focus under such control, that you will become the tip of your blade. Both in action and in intensity. Your trials are coming up soon to where you will begin your quest to become a knight of the Jedi order. It is time we took your training to the next level. In the mean time however, both of you will join Araya and I tonight for dinner. We still have much to catch up between us."

Post by TalRaimi »

Ethan watched as almost without realising it Rissk began to let the Force flow through her; her strikes - once awkward and jarring - had begun to flow into one another, each attack gradually growing in strength and speed as the Force infused her. He was tempted to congratulate her, but decided to hold his tongue, not wanting anything to distract her from the connection that she had subconsciously forged with the Force.

Instead, he pulled a part of his concentration from the duel and reached out across the training room to flick the switch of the remote back on. Her attention fully focused on Ethan Rissk didn’t seem to notice as the remote floated up off the rack behind her and drifted towards her.

The grey sphere rotated in mid air, brining one of its laser emitters to line up on the Trandoshan’s back before spitting out a single red dart. Sensing the danger Rissk spun, her training saber a blur as she brought it up and round to intersect the laser blot and deflect it into ceiling.

“Not bad,” Ethan smiled as he shut off his training saber. "Not bad at all."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the remote disengaged, Rissk lowered her training sabre and powered down. She screwed her face up at Ethan, "Hmmph! That was strange... It feels like you are using your instincts, and not thinking about what you are doing..." She looked at her sabre in her hand almost in disbelief.

Looking up at Ethan she forced a wry smile, "Thank you Ethan, I'd have never thought I'd make it this far - but I felt it! I REALLY felt it! Tsk! I feel drained now though... I don't think I'd be moving that fast if it was only under my own steam - I think I could with a break now."

Ethan smiled at her and chanced a comforting hand on her shoulder, "You made a huge step today, in time you'll find it easier and easier to use the force as you've just done. For now - rest, and we'll resume tomorrow."

She smiled back at him, and the two exited the sparring hall, splitting up as they did so. Rissk walked down the corridor excited but tired. She still felt a tingling sensation about her, she felt more aware, more alive than she'd felt in a long time. She passed the medical facility on the way. The poor girl who had been attacked still didn't seem to have come around, and neither had Raynard. She thought about asking the birdman busying about the med-bay about him, but thought better of it. He probably needed a rest as much as she felt she did.

When she eventually made it back to her room, she felt a calmness she couldn't say she'd felt before. Slumping back onto her bunk she pulled out her own lightsabre and held it up, pressing the igniter. She'd never really spent too much time looking at it over the years, but it was a beautiful thing. Mesmerising to look at, the shimmering blade stationary in the air defied all her knowledge of weapons technology and science. An energy seemed to flow from it. Suddenly she felt very appreciative of the Jedi ghost who had encouraged her to come here.
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

Alleira Walked Into the Temple, In her Full Emerald and Black Mandalorian Armor, with a Duffel Bag Slung across her back...
as Alleira Made her way through the Halls, she noticed the looks she was getting from the People Walking the Halls "What?" She Asked, Directing her Question at a Nearby Jedi(ethan) "is something wrong?"
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Tone rose then, and gave Daer'Gunn a tight lipped smile. She had never really had any feelings towards the Grandmaster, or former Grandmaster as he was now. Perhaps feelings of slight anger at what she had perceived to be some kind of slight towards her own master, L'hnnar. But they had passed quickly and she had chided herself for allowing a first impression to almost be damning. But this was different. This situation was very different. She didn't look at Renato, just at Daer'Gunn. "I will leave, and allow you two to work on Renato's focus." She said. She turned then and looked at Renato. "You know where to find me once your training session is over." She said.

She turned and headed out of the sparring room, intent on walking over to the medical bay. To say that she was angry was one thing. To say that she was disappointed and angry was closer to the truth of the matter. She would keep her words inside of herself, because she knew that odds were, they would do no good vocalized. As she stepped out of the sparring chambers, Renato, but not Daer'Gunn was able to sense the anger and disappointment that she had buried inside of her. At whom these two emotions were aimed at, that was a different story altogether.
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Jedi Enclave Landing Fields

Jerrik Fel too a deep breath as he stepped down the landing ramp of the Infinity's End onto the lush grass of the expansive lading fields that were spread around the northwestern quarter of the Jedi Enclave,

"Move your yourself!" came the voice of one of his two traveling partners, Rel Fexive, as he stepped out of the way the older fringer guided a large repulsor crate of supplies down the infinity's ramp out onto the grass, most of the crates were marked as perishable though he spotted at least one that was marked fragile. Right behind him was the other being he'd been sharing air with, Leos Romeny, a rather large by human standards Rynn. He too was pushing along a repulsorlift skiff stacked with foodstuffs,

"Watch yourself Mr. Fel, wouldn't want to loose a leg or worse to one of these carts."

Jerrik chuckled and once everyone was clear of the ramp he keyed in the lock-down code and the ramp quietly sealed itself shut, they were constantly making supply runs for the Jedi these days mostly bringing in food from nearby settlements for the human population and sometimes from further out for other non-humans, this trip was one of the more exotic ones, they'd made a trip core-ward for some of the harder to find items on the Enclave's menu so it was good to taste fresh air again, setting off after the other two he trailed slightly behind them, his dress was more so that of a spacer these days, something that earned him the occasional odd stare from some of the younglings who could feel his potential in the Force, trained and sharp. Rel, Leos, and he had been making supply runs for the Jedi over the last few months as it provided for easy money and a safe harbor, well mostly safe anyway, and it didn't hurt that it kept him near to her. He smiled at his memory of her, her firey red hair and those green eyes, if she looked anything like her mum at that age Jerrik could easily see how Devon Vos had become smitten with her. As Rel and Leos finished up thier dealings with the Jedi supply clerk they moseied back over snickering to each other,

"Yup, definately day dreaming of her again." Rel chuckled, "Ain't that right kid?"

Jerrik looked away from the hallway and back to the two of them, "What?"

"I bet Leos here fifty creds that your ten-click stare was you thinking about her."

"Oh," Jerrik could feel his face flush with embrassment which ofcourse prompted a hoot of triumph from Rel and a string of explitives from Leos as the two exchanged credits,

"Here's your cut kid." Rel smirked as he extended a hand with a small roll of hard currency, Jerrik took the money and pushed it into one of the pouches spread along his webbed utility belt, there wasn't much need for currency here at the Enclave something that was probably yet another reason he suspected Rel liked using it as a base of operations, so he was building up quite the little stash, "They don't have a whole lot of need for anything else at the moment so we've got a couple of days downtime. Why don't you go track her down, go enjoy yourselves."

Jerrik flashed the older man a rather lopsided grin and then trotted off,

"You know, he reminds me alot of him, before you know..." Leos commented as the younger boy disappeared around the corner further down the hallway.

"Yup, sure does." Rel smirked and he hefted the one crate from his pallet that had been marked fragile, "Now lets go kick back and do some serious relaxing."

The big rynn flashed it's toothy rodent grin and two men strolled off down the hall, bound for a nice little spot they'd staked out as their own on the outskirts of the Enclave grounds that they'd staked out as their own and put up a small prefab on, there were two high-quality hammocks and a month of holo-vids waiting for them...

Jola'edanna and her daughter both glanced up as the sleek black YT-1300 nosily rumbled by overhead, they could both feel who the passengers onboard were and kali couldn't help but feel the pang of disappointment that it caused her mum, for years that particular ship arriving had always meant her father Devon Vos was home from some mission or another but now it only carried joy for her, she glanced over to her mother and she nodded back to her. With a smile she bounded to her feet and set off at a trott for the place where she always met him when he got back from one of the many supply runs the Infinity's End seemed to always be running these days, but he was back now, at least for a little bit...

Jola'edanna watched her daughter bound off to a place she knew the girl thought was secret, she would let her keep that illusion till the need arose to shatter it, some secrets people needed to keep. Stretching she stood to her feet in the small open-air meditation garden and then began walking towards the core of the building complex, she was of course hungry and the Infinity's return often meant fresh vegetables from interesting places. Smiling to herself she absently rubbed small crystal that hung around her neck between her thumb and forefinger. There would always be more time for mediation later after her advanced class on force healing techniques and modern medicine...
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Onderon
Iziz

Raven was walking down one of the smaller streets away from the main tourist attractions’ that most off world’rs gravitated to. The narrow stone street led to a busy bazaar. The bazaar was full of all kinds of people and species. Raven walked to the middle of the bazaar where there was a huge water fountain is placed. It was a monument that the Onderonians created in a tribute to the Jedi Enclave’s fallen Jedi after Sivters assault on the temple. The top layer of the fountain where the water sprouts out had statues of the kid versons of all the fallen Jedi. The sight brought a single tear to Ravens eyes. She thought it was a great tribute to the Jedi. Raven sat down on the side of the fountain and looked down at the writing etched in the marble where the people can sit. It was a name of a fallen Jedi.

“Faarel Blackthorne,” Raven said aloud as she wiped a tear from her cheek.

I don’t know if I can handle this. I don’t know if I have what it takes to be a Jedi...

“…I can’t keep this up.” Raven whispered to herself as she put her hand into the pool at the bottom of the water fountain. Raven swished the water in the pool. “I miss you…” Raven closed her eyes and felt the coolness of the water on her hand.

(OOC: Alexander Cain’s character will no longer be in this thread, I’m not sure where I’m going to continue his story, but I’ll think of something.)

Post by TalRaimi »

“Alright, steady with that,” Reave shouted as he watched two of the Temple’s apprentices levitate one of the Temperance’s new engines from off the ground. The two youths bore intense expressions of concentration, and the large engine wobbled as it floated through the air but otherwise held a steady course. Reave grinned as he watched the two apprentices guide the custom Veritech A54 into the port engine housing, pleased with his resourcefulness. Using the Temple’s students to help work on refitting the Temperance was significantly cutting down the time it would have taken him to upgrade her, not to mention giving the students something tangible to practice their skills on.

“So, you took my advice after all?” his sister’s voice drifted across the cavernous hanger bay.

Reave blushed guiltily as he watched Morwenna striding towards him. Technically it had been her idea to enlist the help of some of the temples students to do the heavy lifting, although he’d been the one to convince their tutors to let them do it as part of their classes.

“It was a good idea,” he admitted, stepping forward to give her a hug. He felt her tense briefly at his touch, but then she relaxed and returned his greeting. It was though yet another reminder of the distance that still lay between them, a distance that he hoped the Temperance would help to close.

“Er… Master Hevren?” one of the apprentices interrupted.

“Right, sorry,” Reave apologised, retuning his attention to the engine that they were still supporting and then motioning a welding droid in to secure the couplings.

“What was wrong with the old engines again?” Morwenna asked, gesturing to the two canvas covered shapes lying in the corner of what had to all intensive purposes become Reave’s own private repair dock.

“They were way underpowered,” Reave replied.

“The manufacturers thought they were up to the job,” Morwenna countered.

“Sure, twenty odd years ago,” he answered with a grin, “Besides, even if they were brand new I’d still have replaced them. Chances are where we’re going the extra performance is going to come in handy.”

Morwenna frowned. “And where’s that?”

“That’s what I was hoping you were going to tell me.”

“What?” a puzzled frown crossed her face.

“Well, despite all the research I’ve done into finding out what happened to our parents I think our best chance lies with finding the others like us,” he answered, tensing himself for her response.

“Others like us,” she echoed hollowly. “You mean other descendents of the Val Aru.”

He nodded, noticing her brown eyes had gone very wide. This was obviously a road down which she didn’t want to travel, and if he could have done it any other way…

Ah, but you can,” the Val Aru ghost’s voice whispered mockingly in his head. But that would take so much longer…

“More specifically the group you were with before… before Sivter,” he hesitated over the Defel’s name, and knew it was a mistake as soon as he’d done it. The sharp pained look Morwenna shot him was proof of that. Regardless he ploughed on, they needed to have this out. “I want to know more about how they found you. You said that Val Aru blood seeks Val Aru blood and maybe that’s true, but I’m willing to bet they may know far more than they ever told you about our history. So, where do we find them?”

Morwenna’s face remained blank, stonily impassive, but through the ever growing bond in the Force that they shared he could feel the turmoil inside her. Loyalty warred with guilt. Guilt finally won.

“Nar Shaddaa, there was always a contact point for the group on Nar Shaddaa. But they’re not bad people,” she reasoned, “They’ve just embraced their heritage.”

“A heritage where there’s no sense of right or wrong,” Reave pointed out. “Where you simply take what you want.”

Morwenna looked like she was going to say something more, but there was no fire in her eyes, and instead she simply let out a deflated sigh. “So, when do we go?”

Reave glanced at the Temperance. “When she’s ready.”

“And what about the rest of the Jedi here? What about… Sivter?”

“Tulsar will know where to find us if we’re needed and I have a hunch that the Jedi already have a plan to deal with Sivter.”

“Kalja?” Morwenna asked,

Reave nodded. “She wouldn’t have simply left without saying goodbye unless it was vital she do so, especially if she’d just got her powers back.”

“So you think she’s gone to deal with Sivter?”

“Yes.” His reply was through clenched teeth and he cursed himself for it. He hadn’t wanted Morwenna to see just how worried he was about Kalja, she was more than a sister to him, she’d been his teacher, and more importantly she was his friend.

His other sister surprised him though, by stepping forward and wrapping her arms around him, “I haven’t known her anywhere so long as you, but I get the feeling she’ll be alright as long as she has people who love her and support her. And it seems to me that Kalja’s life isn’t short of people who love her.”

Reave nodded mutely.

I hope you’re right.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Yes, I will," Arilyn replied with a big smile, "and thank you again!"

Then she bowed to him and hurried out of the the medical ward to get situated in the temple and possbily see the sights.

The next morning Caitlyn's still form fidgeted slightly, drawing Akain out of his half doze. Slowly her eyes fluttered opened and she raised her free hand to her forehead. "Oh, my head," she muttered, then she glanced to the side at Akain before tilting her neck slightly so she could see Salvatore. "Where am I," she asked them.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Onderon,
Iziz

Normally, Anastasya wouldn't have opted to wander so far from the temple, but she needed to transmit her report to the Revered Mother and the temple just wasn't secure enough for her to do that. Instead she feigned interest in doing some shopping in Iziz before leaving the temple grounds. When she got to the planet's capitol she did do just that, for a little while at least. After which she found the nearest com terminal and transmitted her encrypted message back to Mygeeto. Now she was just on her way back to the temple to resume her watch on the younger Sinclair. Or at least that's where she was going until she found herself suddenly cut off in a dark alleyway.

"Where you going in such a hurry beautiful," someone asked as he and three other men stepped out to confront her. Ana instinctively glanced behind herself and restrained a frown when she noticed four more thugs cutting off her escape.

"I'll only tell you this once because I hate repeating myself, get out of my way," she told the leader with an icy tone.

The man just smiled confidently at her. "But we haven't had our fun yet, why don't you stay awhile and we can talk?"

The thug next to him had drawn a knife and was testing its point against his thumb in a menacing manner. Ana just sighed with exasperation. "Fine have it your way," she told him, then she lifted a discarded bottle with her foot and kicked it into knife boy's face sending him staggering backwards.

The other two men beside him watched in stunned surprise but the four behind her were quicker to respond. They rushed forward to grab her but she jumped onto a waste disposal unit before leaping up and grabbing a hold of a fire escape.

"After her," the leader screamed as Ana was lifting herself onto the landing. She was about to start up the stairs when a window just above her slid open and a man climbed out. He moved down the stairs towards her and tried to attack but Ana twisted around the punch then took hold of the back of his head and slammed it into the railing before tossing him over the side. Several more men started to climb out of the window and Ana nervously bit her lip. Great, I just stumbled blindly into gang territory.

The first man swung at her in a broad arch, narrowly missing as Ana ducked below the blow and nailed him with a double palm strike to the chest that sent him reeling. Then she leaped over the rail, raking her feet across his cheek as she did so and staggering him some more causing him to fall into his compatriots. She landed on the other side of the railing with her heels on the edge before leaping across the alley and grabbing the ledge. She scrambled up onto the roof and ran the length of the building all the way over to the other side while the gang bangers chased after her on the street below.

When she hit the edge of the roof she jumped up onto the ledge then leaped across to the roof adjacent. She hit the side of the building hard, grabbing onto the ledge then heaving herself up and over. There was a roof access hut not far from where she was and as she ran passed it the door was kicked upon and several thugs poured out onto the roof. Ana skidded to a halt as two men moved to cut her off, ducking to the side she kicked the leg out from underneath one and knocked him down to one knee. Then she used the man's thigh as a boost, ramming her knee into the bottom of his chin as she jumped over and landed a kick to the second thug's nose. He staggered backwards and fell into a heap as crimson poured down his upper lip.

Three men were moving in behind her so she turned and continued running until she hit the edge of the building then she jumped over, falling into a pile of garbage in the alleyway below. The leader and the two men from before came around the corner just as she had wrested herself free of her smelly cushion. They started forward but she grabbed the nearest bag and threw it at them, stalling them for a second as she turned and ran down the alley. When she hit the street she ran across it and into the open door of a factory with the gang bangers hot on her heels. She sprinted across the factory to the other side hoping to find an exit but when she did the door was locked. She grimaced to herself then turned to face the thugs chasing her.

"No where to run to now, sweet thing," the lead thug said, smiling menacingly at her as he advanced. He had a hydrospanner in his hand and he was gingerly patting his other palm with it. Then all at once the three thugs charged forward with their weapons raised. Ana dodged out of the way of the first attack then ducked under the second before grabbing the third and twisting the man's arm, spinning him about as she threw him into his compatriots. Then before either of them could recover she kicked the man in his back and sent them all sprawling to the floor.

A sound to her right alerted her to the fact that the other gang bangers were just now catching up. As the first one came up to her she jumped onto a piece of machinery and ducked through a narrow opening, emerging on the other side as another gang banger was swinging his club. She ducked under it just in time and ignored the clang it made when it struck the machine behind her. Then she hooked her legs around his and brought him to the ground, kicking him in the side of the head and knocking him unconscious.

More men were scrambling towards her as she flipped up to her feet. She looked around for a way to escape but found none. Sighing she lifted the discarded club the same way she lifted the bottle and grabbed onto its end, then she spun and slammed the butt of it into the face of the man behind her. She spun again and crushed the next thug's sternum with another blow from the club before someone grabbed her from behind. Desperately she pushed off with both feet as though she were trying to throw herself over his head but as she came back down she threw her weight onto the top of his feet eliciting a cry from the man as bones broke, loosening his grip. She grabbed hold of his wrist then and spun him about onto his back, knocking the air from his lungs. As he lie there gasping for air she jumped up onto the machine again and slipped through the very crack she had just come through.

There was no one on the other side so she made a mad dash for the exit. She was nearly there when a man came out from the side and grabbed her, pinning her up against a nearby set of lockers.

"Now I gotcha," the leader said, all humor from his eyes were gone now. "You ain't gettin' away this time."

He raised the vibrodagger he'd been holding up to Ana's eye level and started it slowly forward. Before he could stab her eye out, though, Ana's hand came up to the locker door behind her head and as she fell out of the way she opened it slamming it into the thug's face. The man reeled backwards but before he could fall she reached up and grabbed the back of his neck, bringing him forward and pounding his head against the locker. As the leader crumpled to the ground another thug tried to attack her, but Ana took a step back and opened a lower locker, slamming the door into the man's knees and doubling him over. Then she bashed his head with the door from the locker above causing him to fall backwards. He hit the ground hard, rolling in pain as his hands clutched at his broken nose.

Ana was just about to step over him when another thug charged up on her from behind. She opened the full body locker behind her and slammed the door into him before twisting him about and tossing him inside. The man tried to get free but she kicked the door closed again, nailing him in the head as she did so. He stumbled back into the locker and as the door slid closed the lock latched, trapping him inside. Several more thugs rushed into the factory then but stopped when they saw the pile of bodies littered everywhere. The thug in the locker was pounding on the inside of it desperately trying to get out as others rolled about on the ground and moaned in pain.

The men looked at the grisly scene then over at the girl standing in the middle of it, then they hesitantly took a step back followed by another then another. Finally they each spun about and ran away as fast as their legs could carry them. Ana breathed a sigh of relief and stepped over the thug at her feet, kicking him roughly in the side as she passed over, then left the factory. Well, her trip to Iziz wasn't really all that bad. At least she got to have a little bit of fun before heading back to the temple...
Last edited by Pryde on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Onderon - The Jedi Temple

Rissk woke and yawned, staring at the ceiling of her small room. She felt sleepy still, but rejuinated in a strange way, the way one felt after waking from a long sleep which had followed hard exercise. She stretched and sat up, she felt a glimmer of an inner calm, starting to develop. Was this how the Jedi felt most of the time? Was it the force making her feel this way? It was a nice way to feel she decided to herself, much more tolerable than the constant turmoil her mind was usually in.

Swinging her feet off the bed, she sprang up and trotted out of her room and off down the corridor. She'd have to find Ethan, but first thing first she should check on Raynard. Eventually she sauntered into the medical bay with a spring in her step. As she approached the room where Raynard was resting though she caught a glance into the young girls room, her eyes were open, and she appeared to be talking. Her eyes widened, that was good news - perhaps Raynard had come around too? Deciding to leave her with her friend, having just woken from a coma not being the best time for introductions - she pushed the other door open and walked over to Raynard, he still appeared to be out cold. One of the bird men was busying himself at a terminal nearby, she passed Raynard's bed and tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey, erm, the girl in the other room? I think she might have just woken up... How's he by the way? No sign of coming around?"
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Blade of Justice, Bridge

The bridge hatch slid open just as the lightling shifted from it's normal hues to the blue of of alert stations for the reversion, it was standard operating procedure on board all Alliance military vessels, one just never really knew what kind of situation one might stumble into on the other end of a jump, around the bridge he could hear the various stations all reporting back ready,

"Admiral Tre'cov." she spoke with a nodd as he came to a stop next to the woman who the bridge revolved around.

"Lord Defender," she glanced over at Sarah and nodded, "Lady Solo, we should be making reversion any second now."

As if on cue the familiar wash of gravity swept over them and the mottled blue grey tunnel of hyperspace outside the forward view ports shattered and was quickly replaced with a counter-clockwise rotating field of stars dominated by the rapidly growing blue green sphere of Onderon,

"Reversion complete." came the report from the helm stations, "Setting up for high orbit."

"Onderon SPA requesting clearance, apparently military vessels arriving without prior notice make them nervous sir."

"Given all that's happened here in the recent past that doesn't surprise me at all." Devon spoke his voice soft but serious, "Transmit my codes, they should put them more at ease."

"Incoming comm from the Black Sheep sir."

Tre'cov motioned to her console and the small image of Fini Mar'row soon popped in, "You need us to pick you up sir?"

"No, I'll be taking the sword down."

"Sword sir?"

"Sword of the Force, i named the VT."

Fini nodded and smiled, "Interesting choice sir. See you on the ground. Black Sheep out."

Devon turned glanced over at Sarah, "You coming?"

Sarah rolled the question over in her mind for a second and then she shook her head, "I'm pretty sure things are going to be intresting enough down there without me darling and I feel pretty safe here with Admiral Tre'cov."

He nodded and then with a flourish that she swore he had to be practicing in private somewhere he disappeared back through the bridge hatch,

"Does he practice that?" Tre'cov whispered just loud enough for her to hear but not the rest of the brdige crew, she just laughed and shook her head in the negative,

"Not that I've ever seen."

Black Sheep, Cockpit

As Fini banked the Black Sheep away from the much larger frigate he he spotted the small sleek VT-1300 streak out of the ship's small landing bay and arch down towards the planet on roughly the same vector he was now on, the ship's HUD projecting the location of the Jedi facility just over the curve of the planet, Onderian SPA had already quizzed and cleared him so he followed the smaller faster ship that Devon was flying in. He silently wondered how many Mando targeting reticles would be following them in as they approached the Enclave, if the rumors he'd heard were to be beleived anyway. He found them hard to buy into given the ammount of bad blood between the two groups over the centuries...

Jedi Enclave Landing Field

Rel glanced up from the service port he was working on on the top-side of the Infinity as a sleek silver VT-1300 with kitted out engines streaked overhead and then began circling around for a landing, beside him his friend and partner glanced up, "You recognise it Leos?"

the Rynn shook his head, "Can't say I do, if it belongs to one of the Jedi it's a newly aquired piece."

Jerrik Fel glanced up into the sky a few seconds before the sonic boom washed over him, as a familiar distrubence in the force weighed down on him beside him on the blanket Kali Vos' sudden frozen posture was all the confirmation he needed,

"DAD!" was all she said as she bolted to her feet and began pulling her boots back on seconds later a much slower light frieghter rumbled overhead and he felt two more familar presences,

"He's not alone."

Kali paused and focused on the freighter her piercing green eyes fixed on it, "Fini and Sara." she finally smirked pulling on a heavy leather riding jacket, "Come on, time to see just how fast that swoop of yours is!"

Jola'Edanna almost stopped mid bit when she felt his presence, it was sharp and focused much it had been all those years ago when they'd first met and that caused a slight pang of hurt in her heart as those memories started to resurface but she pushed them back and locked them away again. If he was here it was for some reason and the edge she picked up in the Force told him it was serious. The last time she'd felt him like this was when they'd been preparing to confront Dragon Masque and Sivitar at Chiasis, finishing her mouthful she stood and carried the tray to the nearby receptacle and started for the doorway, as she went she noticed several of the more sensitive Jedi in that were in the cafe staring up and then over at her and she shook her head, this new version of Devon didn't ever seem to care much about how he projected himself into the Force, she couldn't help but wonder what some of the others reactions to his presence would be, but right now she just wanted to see him...

Jonji Fawkes' saber crossed with that of his padawan's with an intensity that he'd not felt in a while, they had both been anxious throughout most of the morning, he more so because Darien was, both men parried and spun their blades flashing out in a dance of light that to the unknowing observer might have been considered to be a choreographed fight. Then it hit both of them, his former master and his padawan's father's presence reverberated through the force, it was just enough of a distraction that it allowed Darien to slip in a foot sweep and send him crashing to the floor,

"You allowed yourself to be distracted Master." Darien smiled as he deactivated his weapon and extended a hand, Jonji took it and rose quickly to his feet, "That's always been my weakness, at least to hear Lyss tell it, it is him isn't it?"

Darien closed his eyes and he could feel the younger boy reaching out, "It's him. There are others with him too but they're hiding."

"Well he sure isn't."

Without another word both of them started for the landing fields...
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Akain couldn't lie. Despite everything that had happened, he had had some insane fear that she could continue in her coma and not wake up. He had stayed in the same spot throughout the night, not moving, barely breathing. He hadn't slept at all. He had meditated once and the worry about Caitlyn had helped translate itself into the closest he had gotten to meditating outside of a combat situation or training situation. it was something that he was mildly happy about and definitely hoped never had to happen again. He smiled, an actual, real smile and reached a hand out, brushing the hair out of Caitlyn's face. "You're in the hospital ward." He said in answer to her question. "Lyli attacked you and I came too late to stop her. The two of you had been dueling for a while, actually. You were badly hurt and Master Chirushk saved your life. He put you in a healing trance and you've only just woken up." Akain added and unconsciously brought their joined hands up to his lips, kissing the back of her hand.

"Mommy got hurt by the evil lady but Daddy got her to the bird doctor." Salvatore said and explained in a much more succinct way than his father. He had risen and was standing on Caitlyn's stomach, slowly lifting into the air with each rhythmic rise and fall of her lower midsection. He slowly, very slowly made his way forward so that his front paws were on either side of Caitlyn's upper chest and he leaned his head forward so that his nose was touching hers. His little eyes stared into hers for a few moments. Finally he leaned his head to the side and licked the side of her face, his version of a kiss, a long drawn out lick that scrunched up Caitlyn's face for a few moments.

"I was...I was really worried." Akain said. "I wasn't sure you were going to make it at first."

"It couldn't have been that bad." Caitlyn replied.

"Yeah, it might not have been, but not from my perspective." He said in response. He shut up then, unsure what to say next.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Kail remained posted outside of Caitlyn’s door. Like Akain, he had barely moved through the night, remaining standing and alert for signs of danger. For Kail, this self-appointed duty he had given himself was more than just a reconciliatory gesture on his part, it was also a test of his mental fortitude as a Linshi Monk and he was proud of the fact that he had gone the entire night without feeling weary or bored.

While there was some self-congratulatory pride in there, Kail was proud mostly because it meant that he hadn’t failed in his duty as protector to Caitlyn.

When he sensed her finally awaken, Kail’s first impulse was to go in and see how she was doing, but the monk felt discretion would be a wiser option at the moment. This was the first time he could recall Caitlyn and Akain being in the same room and not yelling at each other. He decided that this moment should last as long as it possibly could...
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

A tidal wave of memories flooded over her the moment Akain mentioned Lyli's name. She remembered fighting for her life and how scared she was but more importantly she remembered the things Lyli made her say. She told herself it was all a lie but even now she couldn't be sure that it wasn't the truth. If she did love Akain then what had she been running from all this time? Her own fears? Is that what she had been telling herself so she could sleep at night? All the while quietly using him when she needed to and then discarding him when she didn't? She was no better than Lyli and possibly worse. How could she do that to the man she loved?

"Akain...," she started, but her words caught in her mouth.

"What is it," he asked and as Caitlyn stared into those earnest eyes of his she suddenly wanted to cry.

She was going to tell him to leave, that she wanted to be by herself. His was the last face she wanted to see right now, but he had spent all that time by her bedside how could she make him leave? Lyli's right, I'm the lowest of the low, she quietly scolded herself.

"Don't leave, please," she finished at last, almost forcing the words out of her mouth. Akain could see in her eyes the anguish that she felt, it was almost as though she were struggling with some internal conflict. Something had happened between her and Lyli and he was suddenly afraid that the scars ran deeper than the surface of her skin...
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

He smiled. "At this stage, I probably wouldn't leave even if you'd asked me to." He said. "I'm not going to go anywhere if you don't want me to." Akain said. He looked at Salvatore and then back at Caitlyn. "I was really worried." He said. "Lyli needs to pay for what she did and I'm going to go to Deresnova and deal with her as soon as you're better." He added in a matter of fact manner. Salvatore chose this moment to turn and look at his father and stick his tongue out at his father. Akain just shrugged and scowled at his son, who turned back to his mother and headed over to her neck and then settled around her neck, providing her with a neck warmer that moved and vibrated every once in a while.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Somehow she just knew he was going to say that and though she hadn't realized it yet she was actually dreading it. Another boy was going to fight and possibly die for her honor and she didn't even feel like she deserved it. In fact she knew she did not. "Akain, don't... Don't go to Deresnova," she pleaded with him, "I'm fine now, there's no reason to fight her."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice woke with a start he stared at the cieling for a moment, at the machinery in the medical bay. He was alone... A hand reached up to his shoulder and felt it had been tightly strapped up. Around the area there was a warm glow, it felt uncomfortable, but like the healing process had started. He tried to sit up and a sharp stab of pain ran down his injured side. Grimacing and gritting his teeth he couldn't help but let out a short, sharp intake of breath in substitute for yelp of agony he should have released.

He slid off the bed, and looked around the medical bay, there was nobody around. His first thought was, 'Should I hang around and speak to someone?' but the urge to leave was too great. In a short time he succumbed to it and strode out the door. He barely percieved quiet talking in the private room as he walked past the door - how long had it been? His memory was a mess, vague phantom like images danged across his mind, teasing him evocativly. All he remembered for sure was going to Coruscant and picking up his weapons. Then things blurred into a vague haze...

Ad he walked down the corridor he tried to reach out with the force, it was stronger than it had been, but it still felt weak and elusive. Was it? Had the force abandonned him for his years of neglect? Or was he simply so used to living force-free, that subconsciously he wasn't letting it in - and now, like the swimmer entering the cold pool he would have to immerse himself gingerly, slowly, acclimatising himself as he went.

Then he did feel something, a distant, tiny twang in the recess of his mind... As he did Rissk turned the corner, spotted him and started bounding over arms outstretched, "Ray! You've come around!" Soon she wrapped her arms around him and squoze, "Hmmph! I thought you'd been killed! You've been spark out for days!" He fought back the scream of pain as she pulled his should about. He gently pushed her off him, "Hi Rissk..." Rissk scowled at him now, "Hi Rissk? Is that all you've got to say, you nerfherder. You still haven't explained the whole, I'm a Jedi but I've never told you - DESPITE knowing you for thirty years or more... I lived with you!" Arice frowned, "I don't know if I understand the issue, it's as if I've been a death stick addict or something - I was a Jedi."

"Hmmph! Well it would have been nice to know!" He looked at her, he could sense a faint force aura, somehow Rissk had become strong in the force... He smiled at her, "Look, I'm sorry... Can we please get something to eat? I'm starving!"

Rissk grinned, turned and beckoned for him to follow her.
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Raven had traveled from the busy bazaar to the docks. She liked being around weld workers and machines, it reminded her of home and how she grew up as a child. Raven was walking down the street that separated the docking yards and the large factory houses. As she did, she saw a familiar face; "Anastasya ?" Raven muttered aloud. The young girl was in a brisk walk across the street, Raven wondered why she doing over here in the docks. Raven rushed across the street and yelled out to Ana.

Ana stopped in mid step and turned to face the person that called out her name. "Ana." Raven stepped onto the sidewalk and stood right beside the young Padawan. "Hello, Ana. Nice to see you again." Ana's expression was motionless, she was probably wondering the same thing that Raven was thinking. "Why are you way out here? You shouldn't be out here, it isn't safe for inexperienced Padawans to be out by themselves away from the temple."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"I snuck off to see Iziz," she admitted sheepishly, "I'd never been here before, so I thought..."

She trailed off as Raven took notice of her torn and tattered clothes. "Oh my god, are you alright? What happened," she asked in alarm.

Ana fidgeted nervously from one foot to the other, her eyes sweeping wildly back and forth as though she were looking for someone. "Some men chased me, Raven, I think they... I think they wanted to do things to me."

Then she quite deliberately grabbed the other girl's wrist and pulled her along beside her as they headed back towards the busier parts of town. When she was sure Raven was not looking Ana cast a glance back over her shoulder at the factory she'd just exited and noted several hunched over figures staggering out onto the street. She quickened her pace and the factory disappeared from sight.

"I have to get back to the temple," she said, turning back to Raven, "I made a mistake sneaking off on my own like that."
DX Army Cadet

Disregarding the Jedi, Alleira Walked on through the Temple, getting lost in the Process. It wasn't untill Alleira Saw a Trandotian Woman leading a Zabrak somewhere, that she Finally decided to ask for help, reminded of one of the Main reasons as her Stomach Growled. Alleira Adressed the Woman First after Catching up with the Pair, "Uh, Ma'am Can you tell me Where I am, I got Lost." The T-Visor of Alleira's Armor somehow Convieying her Confusion, "and Do you know where i can find some food?"
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Daer'gunn didn't need the Force to feel the tension in the air as Tone left the sparring area.

"You best go after her, we might need to postpone dinner for a little bit." Renato nodded his head and after grabbing his gear, he was out the door. Daer'Gunn decided to go and grab so food for himself when he felt a familiar presence in the Force. It was the same as was on Nexus, but not it was focused. The last time he felt it, it was though it was searching and apparently whatever Vos was looking for, he had found it. Daer'Gunn needed to see him, if had been a long time.

Out the doors he went, not bothering to stop for his armor, if Vos was here to attack, he would not have telegraphed his presence. On the way out of the building, Daer'Gunn turned a corner and found himself looking down at a woman in full Mandelorian battle armor. It was a deep green with black lines and as usual the marks of battle were worn proudly.

"Uh, Ma'am Can you tell me Where I am, I got Lost and do you know where i can find some food?"

Knowing it was not well looked upon to tap a Mando on the back to surprise them, Daer'Gunn decided to say something in their own language before the others spoke.

Copaani gaan? [need a hand?]
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

As the small VT-1300 settled onto it's landing skids Devon began running through the various post flight checks to the right of his ship Fini's Black Sheep settled onto it's well worn landing struts, once he was satisfied that everything was as it should be he popped the atmospheric locks on and the small craft's canopy rose with a hiss. Standing he looked across the field to where the low slung black shape of the Infinity's End sat atop it he could make out a human and Rynn, the Rynn gave what appeared to be a wave before going back to whatever it was that they were working on, reaching up he popped the seals on his own helmet and pulled it off and then ran a gloved hand through the short cropped military style cut. He was still searching for a style that felt right to him, when he'd first regained some semblance of his memory he'd tried growing his hair out like Jedi Master Vos had worn it but while it suited him it didn't feel right so he'd gone back to a standard military cut and while it wasn't perfect it was more comfortable and functional. As the boarding ramp on Fini's ship hissed open he propped his left foot up onto the sidewall of the cockpit and smiled at younger man as he emerged from the ship wearing his traditional Jedi robes, they were quite the contrast to sleek black and Crimson light armored flight suit he was wearing,

"Trying to blend Jedi Mar'row?"

"The armor didn't seem to be appropriate, sir." the young man replied, "And you haven't gotten me anything else to wear yet."

Devon nodded, "We'll have to see to that soon enough."

"Yes sir."

Devon glanced away towards the far side of the fairly large complex, he could faitly make out a noise in the distance,

"Type-S Flare swoop." Fini pointed towards the outer corner of the complex, "Coming on fast, sounds like modified repulsor kit."

"Color me impressed." Devon smiled as he stepped up onto the rim and with a small hop landed softly on the ground, his boots barely making an impression in the soil.

"Fini is a bit of a gear head sir."

Devon glanced over at Sara Moonsong as she stepped off of the end of the Black Sheep's ramp, she was dressed less traditionally than Fini was wearing a more mainstream flowing white and silver robe with what appeared to be black leather swoop pants below ending in a pair of swoop boots, her short croppsed blonde hair framing her face,

"I was a bit of a one myself in another life." Turning his eyes back he focused on the now more visible spec and smiled...

Sara watched silently as Devon Vos turned his gaze from her towards the incoming and was almost surprised at the genuine smile that crossed his features, it was almost incongruous,

"You know who it is sir?"

He nodded, "My former apprentice and my daughter."

She noted that Fini's eyebrow rose slightly at the pronouncement, she knew his former apprentice Jerrik Fel, he'd been one of the original student at the Alliance Jedi Praxeum but she'd never met Kali Vos only heard stories of her from Fini and Darien. Stories that almost certainly precluded the possibility of straight laced Jedi Knight Jerrik Fel becoming involved with her but then it seemed wholesale dramatic changes seemed to run in the Vos bloodline. Within a few minutes the distant rumble of the modified Flare swoop had grown to a roar as the sleek bike settled onto skids about five meters away with two helmeted figures onboard the more lilth and agile of which dismounted immediatly pulling off her helm as she went, there was no mistaking KAli Vos for anyone else, she had her mother's firey red hair and her father's piericing green eyes which at that momment were filled with tears,

"DAD!" she very nearly shrieked as she discarded her helm and rushed across the grassy gap into the older Vos' waiting arms, the older man easily spun her around once before putting her back down on her feet,

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she stepped back, this girl Sara noted did not in the least resemble the spoiled princess she remembered from the stories, but then neither did Jerrik Fel resembled the straight laced Jedi padawan he'd been as he swagged up draped in a nerf hide leather spacer jacket and riding leathers. He looked more the part of a smuggler than a Jedi, he nodded to them as he waited patiently for Kali and her father,

"I need to speak with the council," she heard Devon answer his daughter and she was pretty sure no one present missed the open disdain he used the term with, the old Devon Vos had standing grievances with the council that were well known to most of the Jedi but he had always been civil and reasonable with them. This new Devon she'd quickly learned didn't mince words when it came to those he didn't see eye to eye with. He was direct and to the point sometimes bordering on openly abrasive and he had no love for the ruling body of the Jedi; weak, indecisive, and fractured were some of the most common adjectives she'd heard him use in conversation. Kali seemed a bit confused though at the response,

"Haven't you heard though?"

"The council was dissolved, the order is lead by a Grand Master now."

If the older Vos was surprised by this he didn't let it show, but this was news even to her, Sara glanced over at Fini who just shrugged,

"Well then is this Grand Master here?"

"Kind of sir." That was Jerrik finally speaking up, Devon seemed to regard him wearily for a moment before extending his hand to him, "Master Daer'gunn is here on the planet but he recently resigned his position, returning his authority to the council, but... well there's not really a council to return it to."

Fini felt a surge of frustration emanate from the older man through the force but the only thing to leave his lips was "Typical."

He couldn't help but notice the way Kali stepped from back from her father but he couldn't tell if it was due to his reaction or just to be closer to Jerrik, that was something he was still an idea he was trying to wrap his mind around, had they really been out of the loop long enough for things to have changed this much? The more he found out the more he was slowly convinced that perhaps Devon Vos was seeing things far more clearly than anyone else,

"Well then in the absence of a proper council I suppose Master Daer'gunn with just have to do."

Devon was surprised when a bit of uncertainty coursed through his former apprentice, "You said he was still here didn't you?"

"Jerrik isn't really a member of the order anymore dad."

His gaze shifted from his daughter to his former apprentice to the place on his belt where his sabre should have been but there was nothing, he closed his eyes and nodded,

"Well I can't really hold that against you now can I?" he questioned with a new broad lopsided grin, "Does this place at least still have a proper cafe?"

The pair of them seemed to nod in unison and he motioned for them to lead the way, Fini and Sara falling in step just behind him...

Jedi Enclave Main Courtyard

As she exited the main portion of the Enclave into the courtyard Jola noticed her son and Jonji Fawkes entering the courtyard from the training wing, so she hadn't been the only to notice his arrival, though of course her son would have felt him, Darien had inherited his father's nack for that sort of thing, as they approached the doorway that lead out to the landing fields on the eat side of the complex she nodded to Jonji and gave her son a hug,

"So do you know why he's here?" Jonji questioned.

"You'd have better luck asking my son that question Jonji."

The younger man nodded, "And here I was looking forward to yet another uninteresting day of leisure and relaxation."

Jola gave him a warm smile, "I don't think he's here to cause trouble."

"How can you know anything about him for sure anymore Jola, he's not the man we all knew and loved anymore."

"Yes he is." Darien interrupted, "At his core, he's still the same man."

Jola was surprised when Jonji rolled his eyes at the response of her son, it was unlike him, she quickly got the feeling as the two of them went back and forth that this was something they had gone back and forth quite a bit over recently,

"Boys." she finally spoke up her voice firm in that motherly sort of way she often used with wayward students, they both stopped immediately, "He's here."

To their right the exterior doors at the end of the short hallway rolled silently open revealing a quintet of silhouettes at the end, two in the lead, one in the center and two more bringing up the rear, very military like she noted mentally...
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
DX Army Cadet

Copaani gaan? [need a hand?]
Turning around, Alleira Smiled, Invisible under her Helmet, "Gedet'ye?[Please?]" She Said, Impressed the Jetii[Jedi] knew Mando'a "Perhaps we could talk over Food, Don't Missunderstand, I'm Just Very Hungry." as if to verify her story, Alleira's Stomach Growled, under the Beskar'Gam[Armor].
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

"I'll tell you what, I need to see a... friend and then I will join you in the mess hall. For right now, come with me."

The two walked towards a smaller outcrop of buildings and eventually found the mess hall. Daer'Gunn gave a short bow to the Mandelorian woman and told her, "I don;t know how long this will take but I will make sure you have a bed and a room to stay in. Feel free to also leave the armor back in the room for now. To many jumpy people." He said with a whisper and a nod. He said good bye in Mando'a and set off to find Devon.

He didn't have to look far, Devon Vos turned the corner and the two stood face to face. Well it was close to face to face, Daer'Gunn held a little size and some weight on Vos, but to underestimate the man in front of him was an absurd notion. Vos's deeds were well known amongst some of the older Jedi. Daer'Gunn stuck his hand out and said;

"Devon Vos I presume, It's good to finally meet you foramlly face to face. I am Daer'Gunn."
DX Army Cadet

Alleira Nodded Back, and Returned the Good Bye, Removing her Duffel Back from her Back and Set it on the Ground next to her seat, the Sound it made as she Set it down Confermed the Presence of Weaponry and/Or Ammo In the Bag, along with some clothing. The Young Mandalorian Removed Her Helmet, Revealling the 15 Year old Face Beneath the Armor, Her Sholder Liength Curly Dirty-Blond Hair Pulled back into a Rough Pony-Tail, her Stormy Grey Eyes holding a Warm yet Calculating Look, the Girl put her helmet on the Table at the Place next to hers. Alleira then Went to get some Food, When she Came Back, she had A Varied Plate of Meats and Vegetables, with a Drink of Ballanced on the Tray, the Girl Sat down, Placing her Food In Front of her, and started Eating.
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

OOC: Ummm... ok... going to need to make a few tweaks and do some back fill to make that post Work Shaggy :) and just so everyone is clear about how I'm operating here I'm working under the assumption that this new Enclave is built around the remains of the old one from KOTOR.
IC:

As his small processional reached the inner courtyard of the Enclave he nodded with a smile to his wife and shook Jonji Fawkes' hand and finally hugged his son, of all his family Darien seemed to be the one most at ease with his transformation as the two of them broke thier embrace he ruffled the younger man's hair, Jola of course was the first to broach the subject but he could tell Jonji wanted to know as well,

"Why are you here Devon?" he tone wasn't anrgy or resentful, just curious, "I got the distinct impression last time we spoke that you wanted nothing else to do with the Jedi."

Devon simply nodded, "That hasn't changed but I do need to speak with them, Jola there is a war coming, you know it as well as I do, and I'm raising an army to fight it and an army needs soldiers."

Kali Vos watched her mother's face fall and her eyes close, so that's what had been bothering her since the the meeting at Nexus station it also explained her sudden renewed intrest in training up other healers inside the order, she had litterally decades more experience with it than almost any other member of the order,

"War?"

Kali's eyes shifted to Master Fawkes who had finally decided to speak, "There's a war coming and you're building a Jedi army? You taught me well enough to know what happened last time Jedi went to war Master."

Devon's intense eyes shifted to his former apprentice, "You're right Jonji I know better than most the folly of putting Jedi who have never been trained to handle the rigors of war into one, but I'm not planning to do that. I'm building an army, not a collection of Jedi generals, each man will be a fighter, each man will be trained in combat and small team tactics, each man will be worth fifty regular troopers."

She could tell Jonji was still skeptical, "And just who is this army you're building going to be fighting for?"

Her father's eyes narrowed and she could feel his mood begin to darken, "Who do the Jedi fight for? Who are they responsible to?"

"The Force."

"And what of all the governments in the galaxy? What of all of thier laws? Are the Jedi not responsible to them as well? How often have Jedi gone wherever they pleased and done whatever they pleased? Have you been out there recently Jonji? The Jedi aren't respected anymore, they're feared, officals don't go along with you out of respect anymore. They go along because they're afriad of what might happen if they don't. People need to be able to trust us but as long Forcers are responsible only to the Force, something most beings will never exerperience or even understand, that will never happen."

"So I ask again, who is your army going to be reporting to?"

"ME."

"Ah, and who are you loyal to? Who does the Lord Defender bow to?"

"My blade belongs to..."

"Empress Croft." Kali's eyes shifted to her mother as did the eyes of everyone else in the small gathering, "That's why you were at Nexus wasn't it?"

Devon nodded,

"You know the history of the Crofts." Jonji spoke up again.

"And I know that they are the rightful sovereigns of their territory just like the Empire is the rightful government of it's territory and as despicable as they are the Hutts are the rightful rulers of their domain."

Kali actually felt a pit of anger rise within Master Fawkes for the first time that she could remember, "I don't know who you are but you are most definatly NOT Devon Vos."

As the man turned and stalked away Darien glanced between him and thier father, Devon nodded and then Darien trailed off after him,

"Was that really necessary Devon?"

"You should ask him that Jola, I'm not the one who stormed off angry, thought and pondered long and hard on this, I've spent time with the Force and I am sure beyond any doubt that this is my path now."

"And I am just as sure that it is not mine."

Her father nodded, took her mum's hand and for a just moment she glimpsed him beneath the facade, "Perhaps some day our paths will come together again and we can walk in peace as we did in the Rokugan."

Kali felt more than anything the flow of emotions that charged the air between the two of them and then the great sorrow that filled the Force with saddness, as a deep sob escaped her mother and Devon out of reflex or obligation stepped up and held her, she could just make out the name Isamu between the sobs, she only vaguely recogonised name Rokugan from the stories her mother used to tell her and someone named Issaum had always featured centrally in them. After a few minutes her mother mostly regained her composure and excused herself, Kali shifted her gaze back to her father and then to Jerrik, both of them nodded,

"I'll catch up with you guys later." she smiled to Fini and Sara and then followed after her mum, she felt a good solid cry and a date with some sweet plum cream coming on, it was a good thing she had some in her small fridge...

Devon glanced over at his former and apprentice who stayed right where he was,

"Sometimes the girls just need some time along with each other." he spoke watching after Kali as she disappeared after Jola, "I highly suspect there will be a pint of frozen sweet plum cream involved."

Devon nodded, "Some things never change I suppose."

"So it's not a recently acquired habit?" Jerrik chuckled.

"Is the Force mysterious?"

As they started back towards the cafe the large doors opened revealing a man that made even Devon feel short, he seemed to study each of them in turn before his attention focused on him

"Devon Vos I presume," he finally spoke, "It's good to finally meet you formally face to face. I am Daer'Gunn."

He wasn't what Devon would have considered Grand Master material, though he supposed if you were looking for a rallying figure this mountain of a man would be a good choice, but there was something else, this wasn't the first time he'd met this behemoth,

"I could be mistaken sir, but we have met before, though at the time I think you were going by a different name." Extending his hand he shook the other's as best he could, "and you were running with a different crowd, someone named Draygun or the like, my memory is a little bit... fractured as of late."

OOC: Well hope that works for you Shag :)
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk and Arice followed Daer'gunn and the armoured woman to the cantina and took places opposite her. Rissk recognised the man who had lead them here - then swept away, he'd been the one she nearly barged over a few days previously. She hadn't understood a word of what was being said of course. However she had noticed Arice paying particular attention, as if some comprehension was present.

By the time they had gathered a tray of food each and sat at the table, the armoured girl, for she was young - had returned to her seat. Rissk started wolfing her food down immedietly with Trandoshan ferocity. Arice played with his a while looking thoughtful, eventually he quizzed the mandalorian, he asked her in Mandalorian, [Do you basic speak? Think I got most of said what was - but I haven't spoken mandalorian in years forty and even then I speak little nothing to.]

His grammar was awful, and he knew it - but if she spoke basic... Well, he could ask her what brought her to the Jedi Temple.
DX Army Cadet

"Yes, i speak Basic." Alleira Said, Smiling at the Jetii[Jedi] "but have to ask, not that i don't enjoy company, why have you decided to Join me?"
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Akain shook his head as Salvatore adjusted himself for both his and his mother's comfort. "You could have been seriously hurt. It was possible that Lyli could have killed you. She's still out there, possibly hurting someone else right now. I don't know why she has been coming after you, but I intend to find out. I can't risk her attacking you again and hurting you, Caitlyn. The next time, it could be worse than this, and you might not be in a hibernation trance for a day. You could be dead." He said.

Salvatore lifted his head at this and looked around for a few moments. Once he realized that no one was in any immediate danger, he lowered his head, giving the underside of Caitlyn's jaw a lick kiss.

"She's a Sith and she needs to be stopped before she hurts more people." Akain said. "I have to do this."
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

The mention of Draygunfyre took Daer'Gunn by surprise, he hadn't heard that name in almost ten years. The Bothan had been on the first the take him back when he was known as Shaggy and also when he had been a little more out of control with his life. In fact Draygunfyre was the one who originally fixed up the White Flame since Draygunfyre was the original owner. Daer'Gunn kept his hand extended as he said;

"For a fracture memory, it still know s some things." he said with a smile. "Draygunfyre was a good friend and yes, I did go by another name but a vision from the Force and the journey that followed it, changed me. So a name change was inevitable. What brings you here?"

"I needed to speak to the council or the Grand Master but I hear you just stepped down?"

"Yes I did. I am being lead away from being the 'leader' role for the Jedi. I am not what you would call, 'a good diplomat.' I still tend to be more of a ready, fire, aim type of person. Plus, I was not made to sit at a table and talk to people. The Force made me into a weapon and I needed to accept that. I would like to talk to you further, but let's do this away from the young ones so that we don't have anyone listening that shouldn't be."

Daer'Gunn still did not move, but held his hand out there for devon to shake, but it was still up to him.

ooc: I hope that one line is ok Dave
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice, while chewing his food shrugged, "We'd just decided to come to the cantina anyway - why not join you? Besides, nobody likes to be alone in a strange place."

Rissk was still stuffing herself, she gestured around the room with her cutlery, which was particularly busy at this time, "Hmmph, it's not like there's a great deal of spare seats anyway!"

Arice nodded, "True... So what brings you to the Jedi Temple anyway?"
DX Army Cadet

"You are Right, Being alone in this place is slightly unnerving" Alleira Said, Poking her food with a Utencil "and I wanted to Find Someone who would teach me the Ways of the Force, so i can become a Jedi."
'My Parents were taken from me when i was Young, and My Uncle took me in, teaching me the Ways of the Warrior, and when i turned 13 i Created my first set of armour, and left, after i traveled for about a Year i discoved i was Force-Sensitive, and after that i kept traveling, trying to learn all i could, then I came here, to become a Jedi, hopefully..."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "Hmmm, the force finds some people, some people find the force. Tell me how you came to feel force sensitive?"

Rissk meanwhile was still scoffing rapidly, spraying food when she talked, "A Jedi Ghost told me I was... Ethan is trying to teach me... Hmmph, I only started a couple of days ago though... I wonder where Ethan is?"

Arice smiled knowingly at Rissk while listening to the newcomer, her antics reminded him of their time in his workshop on Coruscant for so many years...

Post by TalRaimi »

“You’re sure you don’t want me to stay?” Ethan asked as he and Caitlin strolled down the Temple corridor towards the medical bay. The exasperated glare that his wife gave him was answer enough. She was sure. “Alright, fine, but I want you to remember how caring I am at this moment. That way the next time I forget a dinner engagement, birthday, or anniversary I have some credit with you.”

Caitlin’s glare didn’t lessen, and Ethan got the distinct feeling that she didn’t appreciate his joke. But then that had always been his way, he reflected, when he was faced with something that worried him, scared him, or threatened certain bodily harm he would hurl a joke in its face. Humor in the face of adversity was almost as good a defense for him as his lightsaber was. In fact, he and his old friend Srekan De’Vosh had all but made an art form of it, driving everyone around them mad into the bargain.

“Look, I’m just…”

“…worried?” Caitlin finished for him. She smiled, her features softening. “I know you’re worried, but right now there’s nothing to worry about. I’m just feeling a little run down and I want one of the healers to give me a quick once over, that’s all. No big deal.”

No big deal? Ethan tired not to let his skepticism show. She was tired, run down, sleeping far more than usual and eating like a horse during the hours she was awake. Sure, no big deal.

“Okay, okay, I won’t stay,” he conceded as they approached the medical wing. “But I had to come down here to check on Rissk’s friend anyway.”

“Sure you did,” she gave him a knowing look. “It’s not like you could have just used the com.”

For once, deciding discretion was the better part of valor, Ethan didn’t rise to her bait and the pair of them walked into the medical bay in a comfortable silence. Almost immediately they were accosted by one of the junior healers, a young Gotal with a panicked look on his face. At the sight of the Voss’s his eyes had widened to the size of saucers.

“Ah, Master Voss… I’ve been… er, we’ve been… looking for you?”

“And now that you’ve found me?” Ethan raised an eyebrow.

“It’s your patient Master Voss, the… er… the Trandoshan’s friend?” the Gotal all but stammered and Ethan had to fight the temptation to interrupt. “He’s… er… gone.”

“Gone? Gone as in… you lost him?” Ethan asked incredulously.

“Well… yes.”

“Wonderful.” Ethan held up his hands. “Just great.”

The Gotal paled and was on the verge of reeling off a long list of why this wasn’t his fault and what he’d do to fix it when Ethan put a finger to his mouth.

“Shush. Not a word. Leave it with me, I’ll find him. In the meantime you can take care of my wife…” he trailed off, having second thought. “In the meantime you can find one of the Master Healers to take care of my wife, she’s not feeling too well.”

The Gotal swallowed. “Yes, Master Voss. At once.”

“And you’re waiting for?” The Gotal hadn’t moved.

The junior healer started, nodded once, and then turned and scurried away to do as instructed.

“Ethan!” Caitlin scolded, although the amusement in her voice sort of undermined her admonishment. “Was that really needed?”

“No,” he admitted. “But it was fun.”

Caitlin let out a throaty chuckle and shook her head. “I really don’t need a Master Healer you know.”

“I know, but I’d rather not have junior over there misplace you as well.”

She kissed him. “You’re sweet. No get the frell out of here and leave me in peace.”

“Yes, Ma’am,” he kissed her back before beating a hasty retreat. The first thing he needed to do was find Rissk, then once he’d calmed her down and pulled her claws from out of his arms they could go and find Arice. And unless he missed his guess he’d probably find her in the mess hall for one of her many meals at this time of the day…
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

OOC: Just FYI Shaggy, Devon already shook Daer's hand, look at the end of my last post before your last post :)
IC:

Devon's left eyebrow rose a slight bit at the implications of the Former Grand MAster's words,

"Do you not think that it's safe to speak even here inside the walls of the Enclave?"

As Fini listened to the conversation flow back and forth between Vos and the former Grand Master he shook his head slightly and then retrieved a small device from his belt pouch and turned away from the two older men as he activated it,

"What are you doing?" Sara asked surprised that Fini would take his attention away from the conversation.

"Scanning."

"Obviously laser brain, why?"

"Master Daer'gunn intimated that the the area wasn't informationally secure, I'm scanning for illicit transmitters."

"You know for someone so smart you can be stupid form time to time, he was talking about..." Sara stopped mid sentence when the small scanner chirped, "...us. Wait, It found something?"

Fini nodded, "It's weak but there's something transmitting on an encrypted terra-hertz frequency."

"Terra-hertz? But only the military has that kind of gear?"

"That we know of anyway," Fini turned till the small device was showing the strongest signal strength, looking up he frowned, it was coming from the main section. "Well that's interesting."

"What do we do?"

Fini glanced down at the small device and then back up and turned it off, "Nothing."

"Nothing?!?"

"For now. There's nothing really we can do, the signal is so weak we'd loose it the minute we stepped inside the building."

Jerrik noticed the younger two Jedi turn away from the conversation and thought for a moment they might be gossiping or something but then he noticed the small device and stepped away,

"Everything alright?"

Just as he stepped up Fini put the device away and gave him a smile, "Yup."

"You sure?"

"Don't sweat it Jerrik, Fini is always playing around with his gadgets." Sara added, Fini of course nodded in agreement.

"So is it true you've left the Order?"

Jerrik's eyes narrowed on the younger man, and then started to turn back to the conversation between Devon and Master Gunn, "Not left really, at least not formally, just taking a break."

"That have anything to do with the lovely Kali Vos?"

Jerrik stopped mid-turn and rounded back on him, "Last I checked the personal relations of others were just that... personal."

Fini held up his hands with a broad smile and backed away slowly, "Sorry I asked."

Jerrik scowled at the younger man and then walked back over to the other conversation,

She couldn't believe what she'd just seen,

"Sheesh, could be any skeezier Fini."

"Well actually..." he grinned.

"Don't awnser that."

"Sorry, I was just gathering intel."

"Intel?" she glared at him as he sat down on a nearby stone retaining wall that surrounded a collection of exotic looking plant-life.

"What kind of intel could that have possibly yielded?"

"That Jerrik Fel is in love with Kali Vos."

"And you needed to confirm that why?"

"Because he and the Infinity are the only ship that makes regular trips off the planet and if he's in love with her then he'd never knowingly do something that might put her in in harm's way."

Sara chewed on that quietly for a moment, "Sometimes the way your mind works scares me Fini."

"Sometimes it scares me." he replied with his best impish grin
Last edited by coronhorn on Mon May 25, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.