Guardians of the Galaxy

A forum for all OOC threads related to World of Heroes.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, Jagtai

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Foxx »

I'm more than happy to add on a new person. :D

I'm not sure if Terrax is going to be the best option, however. I know that Mir has some things planned for Galactus and the Heralds, and I'm fairly certain that the original Terrax would have been killed by the Chrell. If you like the power set, I'm sure that something similar can be arranged. I'll send you a copy of the GoTG plotline that I drafted up and sent to Nich.

Edit: PM Sent.
Kytross

Post by Kytross »

I don't know what Mir has planned. I'll shoot him a text, he's a blast to collaborate with.

I do know that it is poorly established and indirectly stated in Marvel's continuity that Heralds of Galactus can't precisely die. Every single one of the original six that have died have all returned in one way or another.

My argument has long been that those six now belong to Galactus and not his sister Death. Galactus is still trying to discover what that means, as he rebuilt Gabriel and Morg. Terrax keeps finding his way back through other means, and it can be argued that he is the only one of the six who desperately wants to be alive.

Playing Terrax with a fractured memory and appropriately reduced power levels would be a fun project.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" - Except, apparently, that one.

"And Anarchy, I think we can agree, is only fun some of the time." - Ducky
Kytross

Post by Kytross »

Read your outline. That's a significant change from what's in this ooc thread. I like it. I have ideas, but I always have ideas.

Let me pm Mir & get back to you.

Kytross

Post by Kytross »

From your comments on this thread, I'm working under the assumption that neither of you (Nich and Foxx) have a problem with my use of Terrax.

If you do have an issue please let me know.

Kytross

Post by Kytross »

What I'd want to do with Terrax is have him meet up with the GotG in the bar. Like I said before, he gets into a fight with a group of Khund at the same time Captain Marvel is making a scene. It will turn out that Terrax was part of the Khund's crew, a laborer hired for loading their ship. He was playing 'space poker' with them and caught one of the Khunds cheating. A fight broke out as a matter of honor and Terrax wiped the floor with them, starting a massive barfight. I envision him and the GotG are the only three left standing at the end of it and when they end up talking he asks if they want to hire him.

As for the rest of the storyline, I see him handling things in the background, like fighting off hordes of minions and the like. I plan to play him with his strength and invulnerability intact, but only vague memories of being something more. His struggles are going to be more internal as he has flashes of memories, especially in his dreams of his life before Galactus, discovering his mutant powers and what drove him to become a conqueror.

I may come up with something more if he has to fight a Kree Accuser as they are powered by the same power cosmic that flows through Terrax. Exposure to the power cosmic could alert him to his own affinity for it.

Let me know what you think.

Kytross

Post by Kytross »

Ok, I've been scouring the wiki to get cosmic information right, but there is very, very little to glean. So I'm going to link to an OOC thread I started in 2010. I think I mentioned that I wanted to do a WoH space thread for awhile now.

Does this contradict anything that's been established in the last four years? If not, I'm using it as background information so I can sound knowledgeable about the galaxy when I'm narrating.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nothing there has been contradicted. But something that is one of the stupidest things ever is that Marvel trumps DC in our universe. That's decidedly untrue. Had I been around when that thread was being posted (Nov 2010 to Feb 2011 I didn't have internet because I was at Basic at Ft. Jackson), I would have had an interesting conversation with Adam. Mainly because he'd stated that to me in the past, offline, and he'd gotten my response. It never made sense to me, and the main reason why he was doing it was for selfish reasons. Adam was categorically anti-DC, with the exception of Batman and Batman related characters.

Characters and entire races would get marginalized because of this, Wonder Woman and the Amazons being a prime example.

As for the relevant space travel facts, no, all of those are still in tact. Though I believe that Creed and Cara's Kree ship has FTL capabilities.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Kytross

Post by Kytross »

Excellent. Some things from Marvel should supercede DC and verse vica. Marvel has developed the local group of galaxies while DC has focused on individual planets. Of course, DC also has the GL Corps and the New Gods.

I could develop some of this based on the comics. The Skrulls would be very much like the British Empire at its height, a large empire built on free trade. I would combine this with the Pax Romana, call it the Pax Skullos, that the Skrulls don't care what goes on as long as their is enough peace for their free trade. When their trade is threatened the battleships show up and reestablish peace. The Skrulls have brought most civilizations into the intergalactic community. They make first contact and offer the new species intergalactic & FTL technology in exchange for tarrif free trade.

The Kree are obviously an echo of Nazi Germany, with freakish, advanced science and a fanatical devotion to the state. Thanagarian history has changed so much in the comics that I would leave it vague, just making Thanagarian Hawkmen known as Rangers/Bounty Hunters, depending on who's space they're in. Rann has been isolationist for forever and a day. The Dominators are masters of biogenetic technology who are living under the extended Pax Skrullos, and slowly adding worlds to their empire of a dozen worlds. The Khund have only recently made an agreement with the Skrulls, agreeing to never put a tariff on Skrull goods in exchange for FTL and intergalactic travel technology. They come from one of the heaviest gravity planets to support life, and have strength that would be considered superhuman by intergalactic standards (They were designed to be fodder for Superman level heroes) while there are mostly Khund trading ships, Khundia's main export right now is mercenaries. The rest of the intergalactic community has learned to give them a wide berth. (Think Klingon in Star Trek)

Pirates, like Nebula, would be a major threat. The Skrulls don't patrol most of the local group of galaxies, only their own thousand odd planets, where their trade interests are threatened and hyperspace wormholes that make up their borders. Some planets have their own defense fleets. Piracy in Kree space would be quite dangerous, for the pirates.

The two largest galaxies in the local group are the Milky Way, with the most stars (100-400 billion depending on who you ask)and no dominant power, and Andromeda (150 billion stars) which has the Skrulls and Xandar. The fourth largest galaxy is the Large Magellenic Cloud (LMC, 10 billion stars) dominated by the Kree who command a few thousand worlds. I don't know which galaxy is supposed to be the Shi'ar galaxy.

Anyway, I'll work on my first post tonight and submit it to Nich and Foxx to see what they think.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

I do intend on bringing the Shi'ar Empire into the mix, and most likely we might fit the Imperial Guard into the GotG story at some point after we get established with the main GotG group.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

When it comes to the Kree and the Skulls, I'd let the people who are planning on RPing them, weigh in, first. So David (Foxx) for the Skrulls, and Ninzi for the Kree. I know that Ninzi is good with what's in the GoTG plotline, as far as how the Kree are being portrayed. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
#Valkob4Life
Kytross

Post by Kytross »

That's why I'm asking, to see what the situation is before I post. I can accept that I may end up stepping on a few toes, but never on purpose. I've also found if I post a possible scenario I tend to get a timely response. If I just ask I may not get a response.

Everything I wrote was extrapolated from events in the comics or current astronomy. However, someone else could extrapolate in a different direction, and I don't want to create continuity loopholes.

So Foxx, any problem with the idea of the Pax Skrullos?

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

Well, I'm not against it, but from what I understand, the timeline for us, diverted at the point when House of M would have taken place. Have you factored that into your considerations?
Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

I was under the impression that all the major powers (races) were pretty much devastated by the Chrell Invasion and that all races are pretty much on equal footing. It would also make more sense that since we are only a decade or so after the invasion that most, if not all, of the major races are on fairly peaceful or respectful terms since it was only through joining together that they were able to survive the onslaught.

I can also see that after a decade or relative peace that old ways could begin to creep in. But I think all the majors should be on relative equal footing size wise.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I like Nich's perspective.
#Valkob4Life
Kytross

Post by Kytross »

I have no problem with that Nich. Relatively equal, however, means different things. The Kree, Skrull and Shi'ar are galactic empires. I could see them all being relatively equal in power. Different but equal. Thanagar, Rann and the Badoon only have a world or a few dozen worlds under their control, at this time, and should be on roughly the same level. Putting the Kree Empire on the same military level and with the same number of planets as Isolationist Rann wouldn't make sense to me, and I don't think that's what anyone is suggesting, I'm clarifying to be sure.

The Kree and the Skrulls could still hold large swaths of systems in the local group of galaxies. Defining what their societies look like give us the background for space adventures, the settings. It allows us to define other smaller powers in terms of their relationship to the biggest powers. It also allows us to make comments in passing that make the galaxy come alive. If I have a character mention the Pax Skrullos, everyone would know that I'm talking about a large portion of the local group that is not directly controlled by the Skrulls but does have trade relations with the Skrulls. The Skrull Empire would be the 978 odd member worlds in the Andromeda galaxy. Or if we talk about the Kree Empire we know it's their multiple thousands of worlds in the Large Magellenic Cloud. The Shi'ar Empire should still be somewhat mysterious to the rest of the local group, having joined the local galactic group within the last hundred years, though Operation Galactic Storm certainly alleviated some of the mystery of what their military can do, as would have the Chrell invasion.

What I'm extrapolating on is what those different but equal ranks look like. I don't imagine they gave up territory to each other. In my scenario, which is not written in stone, the economic power of the Skrulls balances out the scientific advances of the Kree. In fact, a future storyline could focus on how the Skrulls are recovering at a faster rate from the Chrell invasion than the Kree and the Shi'ar so the other two empires gang up on them, possibly attempting to draft new member worlds in the process, like Thanagar or Earth.

Like I said, I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I'm trying to start a discussion so we're all on the same page and we have less retconning to do later. Let's face it, what happens to the Supreme Intelligence at the end of the GotG storyline is going to have ramifications on the intergalactic community. Wouldn't it be nice to know what that intergalactic community looks like before we start changing it?

Kytross

Post by Kytross »

2 quick points:

A) I don't care what the political situation of the galaxies looks like; I do want to be able to describe it properly and in depth when I write.

II) I'm still working on the Terrax post. I've been sick and doing overtime, a wonderful combination, but I should have it submitted to Nich and Foxx by Monday evening.

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

So far nothing I've seen runs counter to any thoughts that I have on the matter. I would only say that Supremex is a rogue offshoot of the Supreme Intelligence. There shouldn't be anything happening to the actual Supreme Intelligence.

Also, don't feel the need to rush your post, take your time. I'd rather well developed characters than a rush of posts. :D

I'm sending you a PM to give you some more information on the downrange intents for GoTG. :D
Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

I intend the Shi'ar to be an Empire that is led by a Viceroy that is either a student or relative of Lilandria. They will be still be less seen as militant race, and more reactive/protective.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

And when I said 'relatively equal' I said of the 'major' races. Which would be the Kree/Skrulls/Shi'ar.

But I also don't want to get into who has the most, biggest épée in regards to who has what. The major races and their borders should only serve as backdrops to the story being developed.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

I like this so far, from my end. :D
Ninzified lol.