Sinestro Corps OOC

A forum for all OOC threads related to World of Heroes.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, Jagtai

Dark Lord of the Grill

Sinestro Corps OOC

Post by Cazzik »

I need a partner (or partners) interested in RPing the Sinestro Corps. I want to start at the beginning and recreate the corps. The initial characters won't have rings as the Corps doesn't currently exist anymore. I have a decent plot but obviously anyone that will be in the thread will have opinions and we can alter stuff as we go. Will definitely need a second in command for the group. Your characters are your characters. I don't want to limit what their personalities or back stories are.
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Re: Sinestro Corps OOC

Post by RCCrow »

Might be better if you posed what that plot would be?
You know it's a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
"I declare War!!"~Peay
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

In my experience, stories that only one person know the details of to move along seldom work out in the long haul. I've seen it all over the place, from a variety of different people. Which, I think, is why we've had such an influx of openness around here when it comes to these storylines.

So I would have to agree wholeheartedly with Crow, here... more details on your plot would definitely draw a better turnout.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

I was not attempting to keep the plot a secret by any means. The basis of the story can be broken up into a few different parts.

1. The Search for Sinestro
Thaal Sinestro is dead. He was executed by the Guardians right before their downfall at the hands of the Chrell. The Sinestro Corps was destroyed and all but one member was killed. This man is now the keeper of the Book of Parallax and leads an exhibition to find Sinestro's heir, whom he believes resides on the desolate wasteland that was once called OA. When he and his group arrive they discover that the heir is not on Oa. So the group begins searching the galaxy.

2. Building an Army
Sinestro and his companions search for the last Weapon smith of Qward. They will find him and force him to build a new central power battery and forge a new set of rings. Then the recruitment drive begins. They send new rings out into the depths of space.

3. Warworld
Sinestro's past is connected with the current ruler of Warworld; the new Mongul. The two hate each other but that aside Sinestro realizes Warworld is the perfect home base for the new Corps. The groups go to war and eventually the Sinestro Corps take Warworld for themselves and move the central power battery to the heart of the massive installation.

4. Invasion
This part I've based off of Zod's invasion of Earth in Man of Steel. As the Sinestro Corps plan to take out their different enemies before they even know they have been reformed they must decide who to strike first. The GL Corps are not incredibly strong at the moment and can be dealt with later. Mongul has been handled. No one has heard from Thanos in many years and the Nova Corps are all but destroyed. The strongest of the enemies is Earth with all of their super humans. The Sinestro Corps begin their invasion of Earth by arriving in Warworld and sending out yellow rings to our planet. I figured this is a spot where everyone who wants to be involved can choose if any of their characters receive a ring for the duration of the invasion. All of the rings sent out this way to Earth will be destroyed by the end of the invasion.

That's the basis of the plot. Things can be altered and changed either before we start or as we go.
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't implying that you were keeping it a secret. I was just saying that, when nobody knows the details, then they seldom last.

While I know little of the Green Lantern/Sinestro side of comics, this does look rather interesting. If I can muster my motivation and inspiration back together, I'd be interested. For future reference, could I get the "rules" for Sinestro Corps members? If you get what I'm asking?
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.