Carrie Fisher is one with the Force

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Pryngles

Carrie Fisher is one with the Force

Post by Pryde »

RIP, General Organa. :cry:
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Carrie Fisher is one with the Force

Post by Mir »

Pryde wrote:RIP, General Organa. :cry:
General? To me, she's royalty.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Yeah... I always saw her as "The Princess." Nothing less than that. Such a sad thing to hear. Someone so iconic and specific in my own life.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

The General will always be royalty.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

The only silver lining to this is all the beautiful things that are being said about her life now. I really wish I had known about a lot of this beforehand. She was pretty remarkable.

She was taken far too soon. :cry:
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I was surprised to learn about her extensive writing career, too. I had always kind of assumed that her career fizzled because she wasn't in many films after Star Wars. Nice to know that she was involved with so much.

I also wonder how close to LAX she had the heart attack; did the length of the flight factor in, or was the plane almost there anyway? (It seems like, since they're flying over the entire continental US, they would have landed the plane sooner if it had happened, say, over the Atlantic, but I don't know airline policy for that kind of thing.) I've only seen comments that she was airborne at the time, with no real specifics.

When people pass away, I mostly get curious. How did she die? Was she flying home because she was finished with Episode VIII, or was it only for the holiday? What will a funeral for a Star Wars star be like?--not many have passed away, and, I think, none of the main cast of a film. Will her family want it private, or will the 501st show up? How will they pay tribute to her in the films now? How will they manage the rewrites respectfully and appropriately? How can we convince them not to do any CGI appearances in VIII/IX?

My prayers are for her and her family, of course, but I don't know them personally, so it always feels trite to say that to the Internet Void.

EDIT: I guess I forgot that Kenny Baker also passed away this year, so that makes two of the main cast that have died. But still!
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

RIP, Princess Leia
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

She had finished filming VIII so that is one thing. I'm curious to see what they will do with her though. I wonder if she'll get the "Paul Walker" treatment in Episode IX. She deserves a proper send off in the movies.

Post by PhantomFury »

This year has seen three iconic personnel being one with the Force... Erik Bauersfeld, Kenny Baker, and now Carrie Fisher. May the Force be with them.

EDIT: @ Archangel, from what I read (which may or may not be accurate) she got the heart attack about 15 mins to LAX but got CPR on the plane before the landing. She was taken directly to the hospital when they landed. And she was flying around to promote her newest book.
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Just reported her mother, Debbie Reynolds, has died as well. I feel for that family right now.

Post by PhantomFury »

Vox wrote:Just reported her mother, Debbie Reynolds, has died as well. I feel for that family right now.
That is just...tragic :(