To Exodus

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

This Space Available

To Exodus

Post by Ghost »

I believe some issues need to be addressed and I am personally asking for no rough comments or derogatory statements.

I think it is a little obvious that there is some conflict between myself, and Mace and in turn Nich has to put his two cents in. Now, as I look at it, I'm a veteran just as much as they are. Yes they have years on me, but that shouldn't make a difference because I can match them in contributions. Now, this is the issue I want to address.

Naboo.

I am freely and willingly on my own accord willing to sacrifice any logic here(Surrounding NR worlds harboring Imperial assets). I am also willing to compromise with Mace in the sense that SFS can operate on Naboo under the condition they don't have military presence because realistically it might pose as a security risk/threat should open war break out. Any sign of aggression as addressed, I will use Kyrina to inquire about it, so she can report it up. Now, Santhe Security is welcome to assist and perhaps be HQ'ed with SFS on Naboo, but I ask politely and respectfully no more than that. I am also under the understanding this entire issue has caused Tab distress, I apologize for it but my guilt is no more than any others involved. I ask you include me in your conversations if it's going to effect the system as a whole on a grand scale so we can see what can be done to help push it into better light, perhaps make it bigger.

The Community as a whole

When I first came here two years ago, Hal and Pryde took me in and helped me get settled in the right place, at that point wheels began turning and I started producing and writing various storylines. This was a new place to call home for my stories and my creativity. Eventually, I met John/Mir and then Cadden/Steven and they took sucked me into their worlds and put me further into the events surrounding Exodus. For that I thank you, and I apologize formally for any stress I have caused you guys during this time. Coron/Dave, thank you for talking with me this morning, it made me do some legitimate thinking. Everyone else, I hope you all do not percieve this as me trying to make up for being "the bad person" or anything else, it's more along the lines of showing you that I am not. I do not want to rip a hole in the fabric of Exodus by splitting the groups of players up and possibly forcing someone to leave because they are uncomfortable. On that note, I have been highly uncomfortable and have had issues writing and finding the motivation. I apologize if that has in any shape effected anyone's storyline.

Moderators/Admin

Halomek - Your reputation isn't what it's made out to be, you are an excellent writer and an individual I look forward to developing stories with. Thank you for including me in one of the most pivitol plot lines in Exodus to date(Since I've been here). Your patience and understanding has been appreciated as well as your logic. Thank you.

Balsa - You are really just you, and much like Halomek you use logic and rational thinking in order to facilitate what needs to be done. But I haven't written any stories with you so, thanks for doing a good job?

Vague - You bring alot of light to the stories that we have written and again I look forward to the future. I am sorry for any distress I have caused you because of old friends who have returned and/or forced you into a bad situation.

Jag - You are just you, great friend and good support..though you suck at posting(slow), Devious plotlines no doubt will surround you and my characters in the future.

Last but not least and one of the best...

Pryde - You have been through hell this entire situation, I have griped, complained and pretty much dragged you through the mud. I am deeply sorry for doing such a thing to you and I promise you and the rest of the moderators, I won't do it again. I will ensure I handle the situation at the lowest level before it gets to where it is now. You're an awesome friend, a damn good moderator and rather interesting writer. Much like everyone else, future=awesomeness.

In summary, I am admiting my wrong doing in my reactions to the situation more OOC than IC. I apologize as a person and a man of my word to the community. I look forward to writing many stories with you all until the day comes I leave this place(by death or being broke and can't pay for internet :P) But either way, I am willing to listen to anyone about anything. Mace, if my compromise isn't what you're seeking, then I do not know what else I can give you to make -you- happy. There always will be tension between Alyesa and Raith, it's just going to happen. Who knows what will come of it though? Maybe something awesome.

So, this isn't a goodbye speech, No I am not taking a break. I am admiting my wrong doings, apologizing and furthermore addressing what I feel I need to to get it off my chest. I depend on you guys and your support, just like I hope you depend on me..and I feel I have let some of you down. I promise it won't happen anymore.

Mods, if you want to warn me for mentioning Naboo, then I deserve it. I would rather solve this on my own and compromise than bring you guys anymore into this than needs be. I ask you just don't delete this, Please.

Thank you for reading this,
Ghost/Rick
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Rev.

Re: To Exodus

Post by Shaggy »

Takes a big man to do what you just did brother. Good on ya :)
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Post by TalRaimi »

Quite frankly I don’t really have a clue what’s been going on, but then there’s no change there then!

I just hope everyone can put it all behind them and get on with rping. Us Exodusers are pretty thin on the ground nowadays.
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Whatever my reputation is supposed to be, I’m sure it’s been greatly exaggerated. :oldrazz: I’m glad I was able to help.

BTW, you’re not going to get a warning for this, Ghost. No worries.

However, anyone who uses this thread to pick up the arguing about Naboo where it left off may get one. I don’t think that’ll happen, especially in light of this, but I mention it just in case…

I sincerely hope this is a sign that you guys will be able to start cooperating with each other again.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

I'm not really involved in any of those issues.

But, Kudos to you, Ghost. ESPECIALLY because its public. Too much keeps going on behind closed doors around here.

Post by Nichalus »

Since we're being all warm and fuzzy here. Allow me....

Ghost is have nothing personal against you IC, I do not believe that any of our characters have actually met as of yet. I'm sure that on the day it happens, your characters will react as my characters will react according to how we perceive them. Which actually will most likely be a good little scenrio.

OOC, yes, we perhaps got off to a shaky start. But then I start getting bombarded with PMs, such as...

"people are saying that your planning to invade Naboo."

WHAT? I don't even have the RDF back, how the hell can I plan an invasion. Wait, let me pull that fleet of SSDs out of my bum, and then it will happen.*smirk*

To clear the air, and make it 'very' public. At no time did I tell anyone that I wanted Naboo to become an Independant system again. I am not in any way, shape or form colluding with backroom persons IC or OOC to do so. As a matter of fact, I have been saying that the rules are in place, the decision made, and everyone is going to have to live with it. We need to move on. Mace can vow for what I just stated publically.

Personally I see some interesting future RP writing on Naboo, that will be entertaining to read, and maybe even be a part of.

(this one made me laugh 'really' hard) "people are saying your going to kill Admiral Nune and I want to take over the NR" Absolutely, no way, no how, on the souls of my children...did I ever say, hell...even think about, doing any such thing. I believe everyone knows my views on 'killing off other members characters'. Haly had sent me a PM and asked me if I would be interested in a storyline that he was developing, and I found it interesting and said yes. It would fit into how Nich is coming back, and whatever subsequent actions that entails.

Once again for the record. No, I have no plans for doing such things, nor have I stated such IC or OOC, or in private.

(I nearly passed out laughing with this one) "People are scared of you"

LOL, OMFG! *wipes away fresh tears.* Listen folks, I am a human being just like each and every one of you. There is a stymia associated with me. Some of it is earned, and some of it is outright exaggeration. But, to be 'scared' of me..I'm sure it is not in the 'literal' sense...please. I am no more vocal than others on this board who are enthusiatic about their ideas and creations.

Ghost...truely...we got off on a wrong foot. Obviously, when two strong egos meet, there will be an initial clash. For my part, and the obvious misunderstanding for why I have returned to the boards...I am formally apologizing if I came across too harshly. Hopefully my above statements will clear the air once and for all.

I have been approached by both sides with ideas, and thoughts, regarding Nich and the RDF. It 'does' make me feel good that people know and respect what I have done, and created something that people remember. It is nice to know I have options, and that alot of you want to write with me. To me personally, that is what this board is REALLY about. Writing stories with one another, and working together on how it plays out.

Hopefully, this can all be put behind us. Let the Mods make their decision on the situation, and let's move forward.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

I <3 you Nich. :mrgreen: It's really a love hate thing, I love to hate you? Nah, thank you for that and we already talked about it in PM. :emperor:

Now prepare to die! :mad1: Kidding.

Post by Xanamiar »

Who are you again Nich?

Post by Nichalus »

At this point X...I don't know either. *smirk* I just got back from playing DCUO, and everything looked ok....now. *sigh*
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion