Escape from Corruscant - Continued from the SWG boards

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane was slightly behind Galena as the dropped silently into the chamber. Galena moved in and attacked one of the guards as he was about to end Kregor's days. The royal guards quickly rallied as one of their number fell to the floor clasping his severed limb.

Ariane quickly followed Galena's assault by attacking one of the other guards, he was however aware of her approach and he deftly blocked her first attack. Another guard seeing the attack quickly joined in and Ariane found herself on the defensive against two of the emperors private guard. She parried the relentless incoming blows and backed away from her attackers who were using the extra weight of their weapons to their advantage, pushing her blade further and further out with each blow. Finally one of the strikes knocked the blade from her hand. Seeing her weaponless the second attacker charged weapon leveled at her mid rift. Force jumping over him Ariane flipped in mid air and landed behind her first attacker. With lightning speed she repeatedly rabbit punched the guard in the lower ribs. The guard reeled backwards in pain, arching backwards as Ariane continued to pumel his lower back. As he did so Ariane grabbed his face mask and pulled him down on the ground. He landed heavily on the ground and Ariane smashed him in the chest with her foot.

Unbeknowst to her, the second guard has stopped his charge prematurly and returned to the fray, he swing his weapon as she stomped on the first guards chest. She spotted the weapon at the last second and barely managed to black flip away from the assault. She flipped a few more times away from the assault and landed in a crouched position, using the force she quickly pulled her lightsaber back into her hand.

"I never can keep a hold on these!" she remarked as the 1st guard joined the second and the two of them charged her again.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregors strength was failling him, each strike he swung was blocked and he was getting hit for his trouble. Galena was fairing a little better, she'd incapacitated the first guard and was working on despatching two more.

Her sabre swept in an elegant but lightning fast arc towards her attackers neck. The Guard dropped to his knees, ducking, then rose up after the blade had passed and slammed his fist into Galena's face.

Kregor saw this in the corner of his eye and something awoke within him. The long forgotten red mist that used to envelope him when facing the Jedi...

With a mighty battlecry he barged through his two attackers, grabbed one of Galenas attackers around the neck and stabbed him, six, seven, eight times... As the lifeless corpse slumped to the ground Kregor whipped around at neck height, at Galena's second attacker but his blow was blocked easily. Fuming Kregor grabbed the force spike, slammed his opposite wrist blades into the guards stomach and twisted.

Kregor now red faced, seething with anger lifted the hapless guard high into the air on his wrist blades, and cast him into the remaining guards who had turned their attention to Ariane...

Post by Gonesolo »

Out of the corner of her eye Ariane watch Kregor dis-embowel one of the guards. She could sense his anger and pain and she could well understand it, he had already thought he had lost Galena once when her mother had died and he could sense the love between Galena and himself.

Ariane's attention was quickly returned to her situation as a force lance smashed down on her lightsaber arm, she dropped her blade and narrowly avoided a strike from a second lance. Quickly she grabbed the second lance and vaulted over the weapon, catching the welder hard in the chest he stumbled back a few few as Ariane lightly touched down behind the first, she force pulled her lightsaber back to her hand, igniting it immediatly as it entered her grasp.

The shinning red blade penetrated the guards back and errupted through his chest. He reelled backwards in pain and then slumped to the ground. Ariane concentrated on her blade and closed her eyes, she reached out with the force and could sense the room. Quickly she backflipped as guard charged her with a force lance, she landed lightly between a trio of guards. The guards immediatly attacked and Ariane deftly defended, she had always prefered to fight 'blind' and she excelled at it. She moved like lightning blocking, dodging rolling clear of the incoming assaults. She was concentrating on defending and not trying to strike and it was enfuriating the royal guard they were starting to make careless moves over extending and leaving themselves open in an attempt to make a successful strike!!

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

OOC: I'll be RPing the Dark Jedi from now on, Akheron, Hekate, Keres and Eris.

IC: (back tracking a little) Keres and Eris were left standing in the dark tunnel, rather worse for wear. Using the Force, they reported to Akheron telepathically, ~Sir, two Jedi have manged to evade us. We will continue pursuit. We will not fail~

"I must say I am rather impressed by their peformance" Akheron casually spoke to Hekate, while watching the apparent Jedi brawling with the Emperors Guard, "Its almost a pity they wont survive thier trip to the Palace, but I will enjoy watching them die"
"I've had enough of watching sir, I wish to fight" Hekate near growled, edging a step closer to the action,
"Not a chance my dear, we have our orders, lets not keep Lord Vader waiting"
With that the two dark figures walked down the hall and out of sight

OOC: Eris has a green lightsaber, from his Jedi youngling days, Keres has an orange lightsaber, Hekate wields two yellow ones and Akheron has a replica of Exar Kuns. Eris, Keres and Akheron are blokes, Hekates a chick. That should be all you need to know.
This post best viewed with low expectations

Post by Gonesolo »

No matter how hard they tried the guards could not get a definatlive strike as Ariane deftly blocked and dodged their blows. Suddenly she felt something, a message from a voice she had not heard for too long.

"Ariane you must come to Ossus"

She stopped dead

"Daddy!" she whispered, he guard dropped, her concentration gone. The guards quickly took advantage of her lapse as they quickly pilled in on her, the first blow caught her around the shoulders, the second knocked her lightsaber from her hand and the third swept her feet out from under her. She fell flat on her back and hit her head, hard of the ground.

The three guards stood triumpantly around her, force lances held high to deliver the final coup de gras. Ariane lay on the ground the knock to the head had stunned her, and she had yet to recover

The guards raised their weapons high!!

Post by Gonesolo »

OOC: nobody going to save me here??

IC: A thunderous roar filled the room and the three guards were ferociously thrown in the air. With a snarl Ariane flipped up off the ground and pulled her lightsaber to her hand. The red blade hissed to life, but the blood red blade was lost by the red flames that burnt in her eyes. Determindly she stode towards the three guards, lightsaber, deactivated by her side.

The first guard scrambled to his feet and rushed to get his lance. But he never got there - just short of his weapon his gasped desperatly for air and grasped for his throat. Viciously Ariane lifted him off the ground and smashed him into the wall. He slumped to the ground with him neck and a very unhealthy angle.

The second guard lunced at Ariane from behind, and her lightsaber snapped to life as she spuna pushed the weapon up and away. Snarling viciously she violently barged her opponent, using the force to augment her strenght, and knocked him to the ground. Without a pause she followed him to the ground and plunged her blade deep into his chest. The searing smell of Carterised skin and bone filled the area as she plunged her blade deep in to his heart, a vicious, evil smile as she did so.

Post by Gonesolo »

Between the three of them Ariane, Galena and Kregor quickly finished the last guard. Calm returned to the room and slowly calm returned to Ariane. She looked at her friends and then snapped open her com link.

"Elodin time to go. Head for the landing pad! It should not be too far above us!" she snapped into the com.

_----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cautiously Elodin picked up the cube from it's place on the pedistol and gazed at it memorised.

"I'm not sure what it is Reed, to be honest. But I am sure that this is the reason that the force has guided us here."

Suddenly him com crackled to life, it was Ariane.

"Elodin time to go. Head for the landing pad! It should not be too far above us!"

Elodin quickly pocketed the small cube as he turned to check reed's progress.

"Hows the access coming along?" he queried

"Slowly" snarled Reed obviously a little frustrated.

Out of the corner of his eye Elodin spyed a communications console, it's screen slowly blinking as various messages were relayed through it.

"Keep working" he called as he moved to the coms station. His hopes were soon confirmed this was a relay station, with a little luck he would be able to piggy back a signal from here. He set to work. The force was with him for moments later he had access to a deep space commercial communication which would suit their purposes.

Quickly he completed his message and started to attach it to a low priority, low security system wide message. Now all he had to do was hope that the message would reach Phantom base. The message was a set of commands for Quinn's legacy and Phantom base, commands that would prepare and launch their ship with strict orders to come and meet them. Elodin pressed the send button and then held his breath while he waited for the message to be processed and sent. It appeared the force was really on his side today, this relay station was just before the main attena, at a point after were imperial security would scan all out going messages.

As he watched the last bits of the message he heard and yell from Reed behind him and he spun to see the reason.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor had discarded his now dead opponent, seeing Galena holding off two guards Kregor strided over and slammed his wristblades into the backs of the guards, lifting them off their feet. Holding the screaming guards aloft he turned around and slammed them onto the floor, one in front of Ariane and one in front of Galena. Galena promptly decapitated her prone, mortally wounded opponent in one swift slash...

The guard in front of Ariane was gasping for breath, unable to move from his debilitating injury. Kregor called over to Ariane, " Finish him! Let's go find the boys..."

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane quickly dispatched the guard and turned to her two friends.

"I've asked Elodin and Reed to meet us on the hanger level, I think things are getting a little to hot around her. I was hoping that Vader would not be here. It's definatly time to leave."

Her friends nodded in agreement.

"Ok which way then?" asked Kregor looking puzzled at the maze of corridors leading off from their current location.

"That way!" indicated Galena pointing down a particularly well light tunnel which stretched off into the distance.

"How do you know?" queried Ariane.

"I don't know!" replied Galena "I just know it's that way."

"Good with me!" smiled Ariane as they started down the corridor.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the two Jedi and the Jedi Hunter sprinted through the corridor they started to hear sirens blearing out...

Kregor screamed over his shoulder, " Come on ! This way ! I can see the Hangar! "

Galena saw it too, hundreds of stormtroopers marching around the hangar.

Galena frowned, " I don't like these odds..."

~

Meanwhile Reed and Elodin had reached the Hangar from another direction. Reed pointed through the window they sttod behind, " Look, there's Kregor, Galena and Ariane ! "

Post by Gonesolo »

Reed and Elodin looked down at the almost endless rows of stormtroopers in the hanger.

"Now what?" exlaimed Reed in frustration.

Elodin thought for a moment and then his face light up slightly, "I have an idea, come on!" he called as he sprinted down the walkway.

At the end of the walkway was the launch control room and finding the door unlocked Reed and Elodin cahrged their way in.

Lightsaber's flashed and the odd blaster discharged but a few moments later all the imperials were dead. Elodin quickly started to scan the control panels in front of him

"What you looking for?" queried Reed.

"The controls for those lauch racks!" replied Elodin pointing at the launch racks that the squadrons of tie fighters were suspended with.

"You mean that?" quiped Reed with a smile pointing at a control panel.

"Exactly!" smiled Elodin as he start to activate the launch racks.

Outside in the hanger, slowly the Tie squadrons started to move into launch position but they never mad it as Elodin released the holding clamps on the fighters as they passed over the assembled troopers.

The impact of the first Tie flattened and entire squad of troopers and sent others fleeing for their lives. As they ran more fighters crashed down around the now panicing troops. Up in the control room Elodin and Reed laughed as they watched the defencless troopers scrambling to get out of the hanger.

"That should do it!" smiled Elodin "Lets go!"

The two men slipped out the doorway and sealed the entrance with their sabers before continuing on their way to the hanger.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor smiled to himself as Stormtroopers were tossed about like ragdolls. The carnage was overwhelming, what had been an intimidating foe was reduced to a scene of pitiful devastation. Crushed troopers trying desperately to crawl free of the wreckage. A few hapless troopers trying to make their way out of the hangar.

Striding confidently into the fray, Kregor started dispatching troopers with cheerful ease. Slashing, stabbing, the light of twirling lightsabres behind him. The remnant of the legion was hardly able to fire a shot at them.

Soon the two Jedi and Kregor were merely stepping over bodies. As they did so Kregor raised a clawed fist, " Look ! The Crimson Blade, follow me !"

Charging into the smoke and dust towards his battered old ship Kregor slid to a halt at the sound of heavy mechanical breathing, " I've been waiting for you Jedi Hunter! "

A red sabre blade ignited in the smoke, as the dark, foreboding figure of Darth Vader stepped forwards...

Post by Gonesolo »

The echo of foot falls announce the arrival of Elodin and Reed long before they arrived. They charged into the hanger panting as Vader stepped out from the smoke and debris. Elodin took one look at the man in the black armour.

"Oh frell. Now what do we do!" he moaned.

The communicator in Ariane's arm beeped and she checked her display, she smiled as she read the incoming transmition.

"Quinn's Legacy is on final approach. Elodin, Reed, Galena we need those hanger doors open!" she stood beside Kregor lightsaber by her side but not lit, "We'll deal with Vader."

She looked at Kregor a fierce look of determination in his eyes as he eyed up their opponent, he cast a quick look at her beside him and gave a knowing smile.

"Nice to be fighting together for a change!" she smiled as she ignited her blade with a vicious snap.

Together they charged at the black armoured man, what chance they had they did not know but they were certainly going to give it there all.

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Eris and Keres stood at the doorway to the hanger, still following the two that had evaded them in the tunnel earlier. It certainly didn't look inviting, burning hunks of debris, dead bodies, not to mention the lightsabers flying around, but nothing would of kept the two Dark Initiates out of that room once they saw thier prey rushing across the floor. The ones they had hunted before were now out in the open, and with Vader taking care of a few himself there was no better time to strike. With precise movements Eris and Keres stalked into the room, ignited thier lightsabers and charged...

Akheron and Hekate had followed Vader to the hanger and now stood back at the Dark Lords request as he dueled with a couple of infidels. Both were impressed at thier masters skill, but both were eager to join the fight. Leaning against the hangers wall they waited for a signal to commence, while watching the battle unfold before thier eyes...
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The sound of heavy mechanical breathing was distracting, Kregor and Ariane circling the dark lord, desperately trying to concentrate.

" I've been waiting for you Jedi Hunter, it is time to meet your destiny.."

Kregor frowned and leapt forwards, claw raised, Ariane seeing his attack sprung forwards to slashing at Vaders Cortosis Helmet.

Vader raised his hand force-throwing Ariane towards a downed TIE fighter, and deflected Kregors eager strike with his lightsabre.

Kregors armour held, but the force with which he had been struck starteld him, it seemed like his arm was broken by he power of the blow and he thrown several feet onto the hangar floor. Raising his head and climbing to his feet, he spat at Vader, " Is that the best you've got ? "

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane smashed hard into the side of the Tie fighter, the impact winded her and she felt a bit woozy, she slumped to the ground. She could see Kregor and Vader fighting, she wanted to help but she could not gather herself, she could not move, never had she felt a force push so powerful, she blacked out for a moment.

Reed, Elodin and Galena stopped in their tracks as they sensed the two dark jedi approaching.

"Not you two again" snapped Elodin as Eris and Keres pulled into view and the five ignited their lightsabers.

Elodin and Reed stepped in front of Galena and Elodin turned to her

"Open the hanger doors we'll deal with these two!"

Galena nodded in agreement and sprinted towards the door controls as Elodin and Reed faced down Eris and Keres.

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"You cannot escape your destiny Jedi, you cannot escape me" Keres taunted as he edged closer, "Flee and die or fight and die, I will allow you that choice however" he continued. "Yo Keres..." Eris interrupted, "just shut up and kill them would you?". "As you wish 'Master'" Eres replied sarcastically as they both leaped forward with thier first strike.

"You may as well get comfortable, I dont expect Vader would require our help with this bunch" Akheron mummered to Hekate as they both leaned against the hanger wall, "Pity, after I got all dressed up and all" Hekate replied with a small gesture to indicate her outfit. "Yes, very nice" Akheron said as he returned his eyes to the battle.

Post by Gonesolo »

Eris slashed viciously at Elodin with his lightsaber and the young man was surprised by both the viciousness and the speed of the assault, but he held well. Almost on instinct his blade moved in a defensive arc in front of him which deflected Eris's first assault. But the Dark Jedi did not stop there his missed attack was quickly converted to a roundhouse attack and Elodin again found himself on the defensive. Once again his blade blocked the attack, this time stopping the swing cold.

Eris quickly reversed his swing and again Elodin stopped the blade, this time Elodin went on the offensive and slashed viciously across at Eris's open back. The Apprentice gasped slightly and threw himself into a forward roll, changing his direction in the roll he emerged, facing Elodin once more, lightsaber held low on this left side.

"Impressive!" snarled Eris "but you'll need more than a few lucky saber moves to defeat me BOY!"

Elodin smiled wirly and stood back to a straight postion as he spun his lightsaber hilt around his hand, the blade buzzed viciously as it circled his hand and Elodin took another defensive stance.

"Luck has nothing to do with it spawn my mother was Inara Padwan to Windu her lightsaber skills were renowned across the galaxy, much like her masters. So attack me if you will and we'll see how much of your boasting is true!"

Enraged Eris roared and charge Elodin, he swung speedily with his blade, surrendering strength of attack for speed of movment, but Elodin was prepared. Eris first strike came low and Eloden deflected the blow away from his body, again Eris roundhouseed his attack and Elodin blocked again, stopping the blade. Quickly swinging his blade Eris stabbed backwards under his shoulder, Elodon, reading the move, stepped back as he blocked the roundhouse and was clear of the stabbing blade.

Both continued to exchange blows, lgihtsabers hissed and crackled as they collided again and again. The sparks from the striking blades fell to the ground and quickly die on the cold metal floor as both men jockeyed for a better position, for the strike that would give them the advantage, for the strike that would end their opponent!
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Reed faced up to his opponent. A flurry of lightsabre blows rained down on Reed, but moving deftly side to side and backwards he just avoided the Dark Jedi's attack. " Have you warmed up yet or do you want me to let you practice your exercises before I start !?" Reed taunted. Keras snarled at him and rushed forwards, sabre slashing wildly.

Reed was almost knocked off his feet at teh force of the attack. Seeing him being pushed back, Galena called to him, " Reed ! Remember what I taught you - HERE !" She cast her own sabre high into the air, Reed force pulled it into his hand, then rolled out of the way of the menacing Keras.

Standing up a new fire burned in Reeds eyes, he held both sabres in his hands pointed upwards, then suddenly in one motion he changed so the blades were pointing downwards and rushed Keras, spinning and slashing high and low simultaneously, every ounce of his strength and speed poured into the attack.

~

Kregor had climbed to his feet and was facing up to Vader again. The mechanical breathing and the emotionless face distracting as ever, " You powers are weak Jedi Hunter... I have no need for your pitiful strength anymore... " Kregor winced, as Vader almost knocked him off his feet again with another vicious sabre strike. Kregor staggered to the side, fighting to stay on his feet, " You are as slow as you are weak, you always were.... "

Kregor grasping what strength he had flung vicious claw strikes at the Cortosis Armoured dark lord, claws bouncing harmlessly of Vaders helmet and Vader hammering down with all his might at Kregors head. Panicking Kregor dropped to his knees and saved himself with an x-fist rising block.

Vader kept pressing, his sabre was somehow manufactured differently, within seconds Kregor could feel the heat and hear the cracking of Cortosis, Kregor rolled backwards out of the way and jumped to his feet to face the Dark Lord again.

Post by Gonesolo »

Elodin smiled as he back flipped away from another lightsaber assault, his intial nerves were gone and his skill was automatically taking over. Much of his mothers teachings had been passed to his and this Eris was not match for him.

"Time to end this!" he grinned as he landed.

Eris enraged by his inability to injure the young jedi charged head long at his opponent. Elodin remained calm and awaited his strike. Eris swung hard and fast with his blade cutting at Elodin's chest. Elodin quickly blocked and stepped out of the Dark Jedi's charge. Eris halted his charge and turned to face Elodin once more. Their lightsabers hissed as they teased each other gently tapping the ends of the their blades together. Elodin smiled at his opponent and Eris fumed.

Eris attacked swinging repeatedly with his blade, Elodin blocked easily the furay of attacks and this time refused to surrender any ground. He stood firm deflecting Eris's enraged attacks and respondind with a few of his own.

Then it happened, Eris over extended himself, lunging at Elodin his over extended and lost balance slightly, a quick force push from Elodin and the Dark Jedi fell sprawling to the ground, spining on his heel Elodin spun his weapon in his hand so the blade was facing down wards. As Eris rolled onto his back he saw Elodin poised over him blade poised to strike.

"This is for my parents!" snarled Elodin as he plunged down with his blade.

Eris let out a slight scream as the lightsaber plunged into his chest and then he was silent.

Elodin looked up from his opponent to see Ariane pulling herself up off the ground, he quickly force pulled Eris lightsaber to himself

"Ariane! Catch!" he called tossing the blade to her.

Ariane deftly caught the second blade and ignited it, the memories of the night Vader and his men came and took her family burned in her mind and the pain, sorrow and anger of that night empowered her.

She strode defiantly at Vader who was still fighting Kregor.

"Vader! You'll pay for what you did to my family!" she roared.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Keras was being forced back, Reeds ferocious tenacity taking him completely off guard. Pressing home his advantage, Reed feigned a low shot, then swung high with the other sabre, Keras, just blocked in time, giving Read the oppurtunity to spin again and lop off Keras Sabre arm and left leg.

"Aaargh !" Keras cried as he stumbled helpless to the floor. Seeing Reed approaching he saw his sabre in the nad of his severed arm and reached out to force pull it towards him. Reed was quicker though, in one neat slash he removed Keras head from his body...

~

Vader was still battling Kregor, easily overpowering him - yet unable to injure him because of the Cortosis armour. He heard the call for vengence from Ariane, " I will deal with you later, Jedi Hunter.." With that Vader lifted Kregor off the floor with the force and hurled him through the air into a pile of rubble at the other end of the hangar.

Kregor landed awkwardly on his back, but before he could struggle to his feet, the dark lord pulled the hull of a smashed Tie fighter onto his body trapping him.

Helplessly trapped, Kregor strained to lift the dead wieght of the Tie off him. It barely budged, helplessly Kregor watched Vader facing up to Ariane.

Vader raised his sabre and strode confidently towards Ariane, " So... We meet again at last. I should have killed you a long time ago, I'm going to enjoy doing so now..."

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane snarled as the Dark Lord strode towards her.

"And my mother should have listened to her instincts when she met you in the Jedi Academy and killed you were you stood. But Obi Wan wouldn't allow it rushing to your aid like some patetic guardian angel. Trust me Anakin I will not be as hessitant as she was!"

"That name holds no meaning for me anymore" hissed Vader.

"I don't care what name you go by now I'll always remember you as that whining boy on Corruscant!"

"Try if you will but you will find I am more than a match for you know!"

"And you will find that I have learned a few tricks of my own over the years, my parents were great teachers and now I will put their teachings to good use!"

With that she cast one of her blades at Vader and charged in with the other blade held high. Vader easily deflected the first blade and quickly rallied to block her assault with the blade she still held. Her first blade skated across the hanger floor as their blades clashed. Ariane smiled at the dark lord as their sabers locked quickly she drew back her blade and struck quickly at his mid section but he blocked, then she struck at his head and then his legs, her attacks were like lightning but Vader blocked each attack. His blocks were extremely powerful and knocked her slightly off balance with each one.

She brought her blade crashing down from over her head and again he knocked her back and then quickly turned his defence into an attack as he swung his saber at mid level across her, with nothing left to block with Ariane arched herself forward while pulling her lower half backwards, Vader's blade passed meer centimeters from her stomach and she could feel the searing heat of the blade as it burned her clothes. As the blade had passed she summersaulted over the Dark lord and force pulled her other blade back to her hand, touching down behind him she rolled away from him as he swung his blade behind him, again missing her by centimeters.

She stood up to face the Dark Lord again and snapped her second blade to life, a sudden stab of pain from her abdomen stopped her for a moment as she looked down to see her clothes ripped at her mid section and a minor enough cut in her abdomen. She snarled at the Dark lord as he stopped for a moment a few feet away from her.

"Impressive child!" hissed Vader "But your skills are no match for mine."

He paused as he took a step forward.

"I can feel the Dark side within you young one, you have felt it's power give into to it and join my apprentices."

Ariane stopped and looked at Elodin who was watching from the other side of the hanger, she would not surrender to the dark side she had made a promise to Elodin. And yet the course she was following was leading to the Dark side, a course of vengence, of hate and off revenge.

A single tear ran down her cheek as she closed her eyes and reached deep within herself, she remembered all the years of pain she had enjured as a slave on the Amphitheatre, remembered her mothers pain as she was cast from the jedi order remembered her anger as she had watched her adopted parents salughtered by the inhumane beast that now stood in front of her.

Keeping her eyes closed she concentrated all her anger all her anguish and all her torment and opened herself to the power that it bestowed.

Vader started to step forward and then stopped. "Yes that is it. Give in to the Dark side and join me!"

Ariane's eyes snapped open and she stared at the dark lord, with luck her hate would give her what she needed to destroy the dark lord, it was a terrible price but would be worth it to rid the galaxy of this foul menace. Vader out stretched a hand to her

"Join me!" he hissed

"NEVER!" she roared and force pushed the dark lord with all her might.

He was knocked back sprawling onto the floor and Ariane quickly charged in with both blades, she brought both blades crashing down on him but he blocked the first blade and viciously kicked her in the mid section. She was knocked back by the kick and he started to force choke her, lifting her up from the ground, her airway tightened and she could feel the strength leaving her, she got weaker with each passing moment.

No she would not go like this! Not this easy! Vader must PAY!"

With a supreme force of will she again force pushed the dark lord, he was knocked back into the cockpit of a ruined tie fighter and it broke his hold on her, she dropped back to the ground and she immediatly recovered herself and charged him again.

Reaching out around him Vader picked up various debris from the ground, parts of Tie's, stormtrooper bodies and flung them at her. Ariane's advance was halted as she ducked and dodged the incoming 'debris'. Picking up three large Tie sections Vader threw them at her from three different directions, intending to catch her in the middle, at the last second Ariane force lept high above them as they collided where she had just stood.

Landing behind the dark lord she attacked viciously with her lightsabers, Vader was pressed back and on the defensive. He lightsabers swung vicious arcs against the dark lord but he blocked each easily. Their lightsabers clashed again and again the the hanger echoed with the hiss and snarl of their blades.

Suddenly Vader rallied, with a vicious block he stopped both her blades in a cross in front of her and smashed her in the fact with his fist. She stumbled backwards and he powered forward. Viciously swinging his blade and knocking her blocks away. She windmilled her two blades against him and he defensively blocked each attack, however as he delftected her right hand away he stepped inside her arc and when she attacked with her left hand he swung his lightsaber up and sliced her arm just below the elbow. The pain shot through her body and she screamed, her right arm was cybernetic and was made of cortosis, as she looked at Vader she could almost sense that he knew this and that is why he struck at the left arm.

Vader did not allow for pause however as Ariane screamed he stepped back and punched her with his left hand. The force of the blow, coupled with the pain from her arm, Ariane turned away from the dark lord and he immediatly stepped in and grabbed her by the neck. He paused for a second and then plunged his lightsaber into her back.

She gasped slightly as she saw the red blade errupt through her chest. A noise not unlike a slight giggle escaped from her mouth as the dark lord released her and she feel to the ground. The last thing she saw was Elodin screaming and running towards her and then her world went black.

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"You saw what I just saw right?" Hekate asked Akheron indicating the two dead Dark Jedi lying on the hanger floor. "Yeah, I spotted that too" he replied without taking his eyes of the Dark Lord who was now finishing off his own duel, "Well....?" Hekate continued, "Well what?" Akheron inquired, now shifting his gaze to Hekate. She motioned towards the fallen apprentices and Akheron realized her intent, "Very well, we shall do the whole 'avenging' thing if you wish, I hardly think Vader is going to need us for anything else".
With that said both Dark Jedi moved towards the murdering enemy.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor trapped under the weight of the TIE saw Ariane fall out of the corner of his eye. Seeing Elodin rush to his mothers aid, only to be tossed aside like a ragdoll by Vaders Force push.

Kregors infamous red mist began to grow, Ariane now gasping in pain, lying motionless as the Dark Lord loomed above her. Kregor summoned every ounce of his strength, channelling his rage, he lifted the fighter off him and rolled free. His face now red with rage he stormed towards Vader, whose sabre was raised high above his head, about to deliver the coupe de grace...

" Prepare to meet, your, destiny... " Vader slashed downwards... Or at least attempted to. Kregor had grasped the blade of his sabre with two Cortosis gloved hands. Kregor still holding the sabre slammed his foot into the small of Vaders back sending his sprawling.

The veins on Kregors forehead were standing out like carved rock, his face a scarlet red. Vader, stumbling over the fallen Ariane , landed on his knees and turned, raising his hand in the force-choke position. Kregors tubular implant in his throat tightened, but held...

The rage building more Kregor swept Vaders hand out of the way with a vicious kick. Then slammed forwards smashing his cortosis armoured knee into Vaders helmet'd face. With Vader, now on his back Kregor leapt high in the air, witha great battle cry he lunged his claws into the Dark Lords stomach. Vader caught the blades inches from his torso, " Impressive, most impressive, I under-estimated you Jedi Hunter... I WILL enjoy killing you after all..."

Kregor turned to the others, battling valiantly for their lives, " Get Ariane out ! Vader's MINE !"

Post by Gonesolo »

Elodin's scream filled the hanger but even before he had finished he was already running towards Ariane, now lying still on the ground. Behind him the hanger doors started to hiss open as he charged to help her, but Vader saw him coming and force pushed him away. He was tossed like a rag doll and as Reed and Galena helped him back to his feet.

Galena was the first to sense their approach, distracted by Ariane and Kregor's situation they had not seen the two Dark Jedi approach but Galena suddenly snatched her blade from Reed and blocked a blow from Hekate. The two red haired women stood face to face as their sabres hissed between them. Mean while Elodin had quickly rolled forward and Reed had force jumped up on to a fallen tie fighter to avoid Akheron's first strike. Elodin came to his feet just behind the Dark Jedi and Reed was atop the Tie on Akheron's opposite side.

Reed looked at Elodin and then looked at Ariane's fallen form lying silently on the hanger floor.

"Elodin GO! Get to Ariane! We will hold these two!"

Elodin looked at his friend a look of worry on his face but Reed simply nodded. Elodin turned off his lightsaber and ran to Ariane, as he did Akheron struck out at him but Reed launched himself of the Tie and shoulder barged the Dark Jedi to the ground. Both men struggled to their feet and faced of against each other, Reed stood back to back with his mother as she faced of with Hekate.

The quartet of Jedi stared each other down for a few moments, only the humm of four lightsabers broke the silence between them.

Elodin slid on his kness the last foot or so to be beside Ariane, desperatly he pulled her on to her back and gazed at her. She could not speak and could only barely breath, she was coughing quite a bit and small amounts of blood were splattering out when she did so. Elodin closed his eyes, he reached out to her with the force and found her injury. Vader's blade had split her heart, tearing it assunder, she was literally dying from a broken heart. Elodin concentrated with the force on her heart, he knew he could not heal it but he hoped he could stabilise her until they could get her help until they could get her too

R5 that was it he was on the Dark Hunter and 1-5A was on board also.

Quickly Elodin opened a com line from Ariane's wrist communicator using Quinn's Legacy, which was on final approach, as a booster he sent a open signal begging R5 to come to Corruscant as quick as possible. Then he closed the come and closed his eyes concentrating on keeping Ariane alive!

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Akheron to Reed: "As I see it you have three choices Jedi, you can either fight me and die, surrender and...die, or join us and 'possibly' survive, no promises on that though, so what'll it be, 1,2 or 3?"

Hekate to Galena: "Some free advice, that outfit makes your butt look fat"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena smiled and whipped around with a spinning neck slash at Hekate. As he stumbled back from the power of the blow, Galena force-pushed him off his feet, " I'm not going to exchange childish insults with you - I'm going to kill you..."

As Hekate climbed to his feet Galena unleashed a flurry of blows raining down up on him.

Reed, stared into Arkherons eyes, " I'll go with four thanks.... WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU !" At that Reed charged in striking. high, then low, then upwards, spinning into a mid-section slash. Arkheron was more than fast enough to block him, as Reeds attack ran out of steam Arkheron turned the tables, pushing him back.

~

Kregor and Vader were circling each other, each looking for a moment to strike. Vader saw an opening and shifted his weight forwards drivng a horizontal slash at Kregors mid-riff. Kregor caught the blade in his cortosis armour and trapped it with his elbow. The force of the blow shunted Kregor to the side, but at the same time Kregor slammed a hard front kick into Vaders inner leg.

The Dark Lord stepped back to absorb the impact. Kregors mid-riff slowly faded from white to red, to orange to black. The heat from the sabre had been almost unbearable.

Seeing Vader on his back foot Kregor sprang forwards slashing wildly with his wristblades...

Post by Gonesolo »

Elodin held Ariane in his arms, no matter how hard he tried he could feel her slipping away, but the more she slipped from him the harder he tried.

Suddenly he heard a roar and looked up to see Quinn's Legacy entering the hanger, heavy blaster fire impacted the hanger door as the ship entered as the imperial defences tried to shoot the ship down. A few shots impacted on her shields but they held. With the roar of repulsor lift the ship came to a hover a few meters from Elodin and dropped to just above the ground the belly turret quickly came to life and started to pick of some of the storm troopers that had decided to rush the hanger in a vain attempt to stop the ship.

Desperatly Elodin lifted Ariane up in his arms and made his way, as quick as he could to their awaiting ship. As he approached the ship opened the gangplank awaiting his arrival.

"Galena, Reed, Kregor!" yelled Elodin as he went, desperatly trying to be heard over the noise of the Legacy's engines, "We are leaving!"

With that he stumbled onto the gangplank and made his way into the ship.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor heard the cries that they were leaving in the background. He didn't allow himself to lose concentration though. He called over his shoulder, " Galena, Reed, go with the others, I have to find the blade!"

Reed, as he was rushing to Quinn's Legacy called back, " Are you mad!? You'll never make it !!! Forget the blade !"

Kregor fuming, as he ducked another powerful slash from Vader shouted, " I'm not leaving without my ship! Now stop argueing - you'll get me killed if I can't concentrate!" Rolling out the way of another of Vaders vetical slashes Kregor scrambled to his feet again rapidly.

Post by Gonesolo »

Galena and Reed grudingly followed Elodin onto Quinn's Legacy. Once clear the ramp closed quickly behind them. Elodin gently placed Ariane on the bed in her quarters and turned to face the other two.

"Galena can you do what you can for Ariane. Your healing is better than mine. Reed come with me I need a co-pilot!"

Galena settle down on the bed beside Ariane and took her head in her arms, looking at her sister dying in her arms she was reminded of their mother on board the Dark Messiah all those years ago. Beaten and subdued she refused to give up, Galena could feel that strength of will in her sister and she could use that to save her life. She closed her eyes and reached out to Ariane's subconcious in their minds the two women held on to each other tightly refusing to give in. In the warmth of the bedroom Galena used the force to hold Ariane's heart together until help could be found, she did not know why but she felt it would not be long.

As Reed and Elodin reached the cockpit the coms array beeped an urgent message which Elodin punched up immediatly and smiled.

"YES!" he exclaimed "It's from R5. He's close by, less than two light years. He's sent us rendevous co-ordinates!" With that Elodin dropped himself into the pilots chair and disengaged the autopilot.

Reed looked at him, a look of concern on his face and then looked at his father outside fighting Vader with all his might.

"Lets see if we can do something to help!" winked Elodin as he charged the main generator to a larger capacity.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Sabre and cortosis wrist blade clashed again and again. As Kregor's rage was dying down, it was giving way to tiredness. The Dark Lord did not relent. Soon Kregor was on the defensive again, being pushed back and thrown around by the Dark Lord of the Sith.

The two warriors idle banter had long since died, now silently each fought for their lives and the destruction of their opponents. Soon the two warriors were circling each other again, against the backdrop of starship engines.

Post by Gonesolo »

Quinn's Legacy hung menacingly as Elodin turned the freighter's turret to face the two combatants. Reed looked at him a little worried until Elodin changed his target a little to get the tie fighter just behind Vader.

Just as he was about to fire the ship was thrown viciously to one side.

"Troopers have setup a light repeater and have support from an AT ST" called Reed checking the scanners.

"This does not make my job any easy snarled Elodin!" as he punched the fire control on the freighters bottom turret.

The twin heavy blasters errupted into a barrage of blaster fire which impacted the wreckage of the Tie fighter behind Lord Vader. Although damaged the fighter exploded in a shower of metal and released atmosphere throwing everyone nearby clear.

Reed looked desperatly out the cockpit window as Kregor hit the ground, thrown clear of Vader by the blaster.

Come on Dad get up! he urged his father through the force. RUN!
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

After having been flung clear by the explosion Kregor rolled to soften his landing. Wasting no time he sprang to his feet and sprinted through the wreckage of the TIE fighters, jinking and weaving making himself difficult to follow.

Casting a fleeting glance at the Starship the others had embarked upon he waved for them to leave. The doorway to another hangar was in sight now, mustering all his strength Kregor rushed towards the doorway, running through. Sure enough, the Crimson Blade was parked uncermoniously amongst a small group of impounded vehicles.

Kregor paused at the door, his eyes scanning for troops. It was quiet, almost too quiet. Hearing the AT-ST and troops closing in behind him he dived through the door and hit the close button.

As the blast door clunked shut Kregor jabed his wrist blade deep into the lock mechanism and swirled it severing wires and damaging components.

Once the panel was a smouldering wreck Kregor picked his way through the compound. As he drew near to his ship, he saw an Imperial officer with a datapad, looking at the ships, then consulting his notes. Kregor stealthily crept up behind, then whipped around, wristblades extended...

The officers head rolled slowly to a halt, his body lying crumpled on the floor. Kregor stepped over the macabre corpse and strode confidently towards his ship.

Post by Gonesolo »

Quinn's Legacy bucked from another blast as Reed watch Kregor signalling for them to depart.

"Time to leave!" exclaimed Elodin,"I think we've overstayed our welcome!"

The powerful Macrow freighter spun on its Y axis a full 180 degree turn, with a blast from its powerful engines the ship powered it's way out of the hanger.

Elodin checked the scanners as the powerful freighter raced away from the imperial palace while the skies where punded with imperial anti aircraft fire from the garrison below.

A squadron of Tie Fighters were quickly despatched to give chase to the fleeing ship and they soon located their quarry and started to pound at her shileds relentlessly.

"Shields are holding" snapped Elodin as he pulled the ship into a powerfull full climb and pushed the engines to give all the power that they could muster. Meanwhile Reed had taken control of the Legacy's weaponry and was using the belly mounted turret to answer the constant barrage of fire from the pursuing Tie's. With expert shooting he had managed to down one tie and was currently tracking another.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Finally back in the cockpit of the blade Kregor breathed a sigh of relief. Flicking the re-heat on the Crimson Blade lurched into life. After hovering towards the hangar door on repulsors Kregor fired his cannons, destroying them utterly. Hitting the re-heat Kregor guided the ship out and up away from the palace.

In seconds Tie's were onto him. Deftly Kregor jigged left, then right, then slammed on the air brakes, sending the Ties cannoning past. Flicking his triggers Kregor vapourised the first two. Even they Kregor could hear the scream of more Tie's approaching, their characteristic engine wail echo'ing into the cockpit...

Kregor glanced at his scanner-scope, no sign of Arianes ship. He thought about where they could be... Naboo was the obvious choice.... Rubbig his chin thoughtfully Kregor blasted out into the stratosphere...

Post by Gonesolo »

Barrel rolling Quinn's Legacy to avoid another barrage of fire from their pursuers Elodin peered desperatly at the sytem readouts. The shields on the freighter were powerful enough to take quite a pounding from any pursuing Tie but he knew the longer they stayed in system the more likely that the ships powerful shields would be overcome and fail.

Pulling up the astrogation charts he found the planet that R5 had indicated he would rendevous with them at, but Elodin knew if he jumped straight there then the imperials would easily follow. He scanned the surrounding area and found what he was looking for. A small binary system with two planets and an asteroid belt, he quickly plotted a course for just clear of the asteroid belt, his plan was to then navigate the belt and jump to hyperspace again on the other side.

"Hyperspace target set!" grinned Elodin at Reed as the freighter raced away from Corruscant.

"Well we better jump quick then!" replied Reed pointing out the view port.

Elodin looked and his face went pale as the giant shape of an Interdictor class ISD loomed in front of them. Elodin knew that if they powered the gravity well generators before they got to hyperspace then the chances of them getting clear were slim.

"Hold on!" he called as he powered the heavy freighter forward, quickly and lightly working the controls he pulled all power from the weapons and redirected it to the ships engines - with a burst of speed Quinn's Legacy lept forward desperatly trying to make it to a safe jump distance before the well trained crew of the Interdictor managed to get the gravity generators online.

Post by Gonesolo »

Vader watched as Quinn's Legacy roared out of the hanger. Silently he spun on his heel and strode confidently out of the hanger, through the wrecked Tie fighters and dead troopers which littered the floor.

Presently Akheron and Hekate joined him as he strode through the corridors of the palace.

"Find them!" he ordered, "Make sure she is dead!"

"Yes sir" the pair replied as the broke away from him and headed towards the quarters in preparation to leave in pursuit of the Jedi.

Post by Gonesolo »

"Hope this works!" quipped Elodin as he activated the Macrow freighter hyperspace engines. To his surprise the ship lurched forward and shot into hyperspace. He smiled and turned to Reed beside him

"I guess we were lucky!"

"Luck had nothing to do with it" smiled Reed "the force was with us!"

Elodin kept the ship in hyperspace until the target system, upon return to normal space they quickly crossed the interveening asteroid belt and jumped to the final destination once on the other side.

Upon landing they quickly meet up with Ranga, R5 and 1-5A and Ariane was entrusted to 1-5A's expert care.

The droid worked through the night to save his mistress while the others waited patiently in a camp that Ranga had setup, while they waited for news.

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb waited for his daughter on Ossus. He meditated on the Force to ease his anxiety. As he focused, he saw a vision. It was more of a nightmare. He watched as Darth Vader, destroyer of the Order, stabbed his precious darling through the back with his saber. This monstrosity greatly distressed Jeb, but then he felt another presence. He looked on as Kregor, the one who had tried to kill him, took Vader in battle. It was madness for this man to try to beat this monster, but he believed he could. He watched on longer as a young man came to Ariane's side to save her. He could feel another familiar presence. It was Galena, the clone of his beloved, and another young man, one with the blood of a warrior coursing through his veins. It was the son of Galena and Kregor. Yet another turn of events. Jeb reached out with his mind to Ariane.

You must fight death, darling. I am here with you. I will do all that I can at this range. Focus on me, dear. I'm here to help you.

He concentrated even harder, reaching out with his hand. He let the Force take complete control of him, flowing out of him and through the expanse of space. It was limited, the healing he could offer, but he had to do this for his daughter. Years had gone by since he had held his baby girl in his arms, and not Vader, or even death, was going to stop her from coming.

Post by Gonesolo »

The sun broke through the tree cover in the small wooden area where the Dark Hunter and Quinn's Legacy silently slumbered. In the shadows of the two sleeping ships was a small camp. Galena and Reed slept lightly by the fire, Reed had managed to contact Kregor after they had arrived but he had jumped towards Naboo and would take him a little while to return to this planet. Ranga, the massive wookie, slept loudly at the base of one of the trees, his loud snores echoed through the surrounding wood land. Even R5 had taken time to rest, shutting himself down to low power while he ran a self diagnostic.

But Elodin could not sleep, he sat by the camp fire and watched the flames leaping and dancing against the retreating darkness. He was worried, worried for Ariane. They had been through alot in their short time together and he had seen first hand the almost unlimited resolve and will to survive that she possesed. But he worried that her strength alone would not be enough.

But he knew he could not give in to feelings of fear, that lead to the darkside, Ariane had taught him that. So instead he meditated and remebered the adventures they had together.

A voice penetrated his meditation, low a first, almost inaudable but it grew until he could clearly make out that it was being carried to him by the force. It was the voice of his mother.

Elodin. Do not worry about Ariane she will be ok. Your time is coming my son. You path no longer travels with Ariane!

With that the voice disappeared from his mind.