The New Exile OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

The New Exile OOC

Post by Tusserk »

Hey there!!

So, I'm new to this place (oh look! That's my name down the bottom next to 'newest member'!!), and definitely still getting a 'feel' for it... I must admit, I'm pretty blown away by the tremendous history you have to your RP! It's been a long while since I've roleplayed online, but I've spent the last couple of years pretty thoroughly involved in a Star Wars tabletop RPG campaign that I am essentially head over heels in love with. A little while ago, though, I thought it might be fun to flesh out my character's story a little more by getting into a little text based roleplay with him on the side. Nothing mindblowing or tremendously character-altering, since anything I do online would be 'in the past' as far as my tabletop game is concerned... just a bit of extra fun, the chance to develop him that little bit more and have him meet a few other characters out in the Galaxy.

So! I was pointed in the direction of these here forums as a potential place to kick around in, and this is me trying to lay out what I'm hoping to achieve as simply, openly and attractively as possible in the hope that some folk out there might feel inclined to meet my darling character, little ol' Tusserk. (Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to conceptualise a new character and join in the Exodus galaxy... maybe!)

Our campaign is set during the Dark Times; we're currently at somewhere around 7BBY. For the most part, the galaxy is as all Star Wars fans would recognise it; Emperor Palpatine reigns, his armies swell as he gradually tightens his grip throughout the systems. Human supremacy is slowly being pushed through the galaxy, but the speciesism is not yet so blatant that it draws overwhelming attention from the public. It's only those whose voices are too weak to cry out in defiance that are really starting to feel the pinch. 'Jedi' has long been a dirty word; Force users are hunted down, weeded out of society and by and large either end up forced into hiding, or taken in by the Imperials to be twisted to their own ends.

We do have a couple of major deviations from canon going on, courtesy of our 'meddling'. Hah. The first being that Lord Vader is currently on the run; certain actions of his were brought into the public eye and he was to be arrested and tried for war crimes, however he managed to avoid being held in custody. The Emperor is currently offering a tremendous reward for his safe return. He also has a new right-hand-man, one Darth Lividicus, a considerably charismatic human male with a strong presence in the media, always boasting about working 'for the good of the Galaxy'. The second thing going on in our version of the galaxy is that Alderaan is currently under Imperial occupation. The Empire is considerably tight-lipped about why this is the case, only over quoting the purpose being 'galactic security'. All citizens of Alderaan operate under strict curfews and all traffic to and from the planet is being monitored by exceedingly careful Imperial eyes.

I think those are really the important points; now it's time for me to get the ball rolling!

This story is completely open, I whole-heartedly welcome anybody to join in. I'll be super happy to answer any questions anyone might have before diving in, especially with regards to what sort of characters Tusserk might be most likely to encounter, or possibly what your character might already KNOW about Tuss before meeting him; he does have a bit of a record after all, and he and the squad have definitely had an impact in some corners of the galaxy!!

(IC thread here: http://www.starwarsexodus.com/forum/vie ... &t=9596%20 ...and I promise, one day I'll work out how to make that less ugly!)
Balsa is not a lie!

Re: The New Exile OOC

Post by Balsa »

Hello! I'd like to welcome you to our community! Unfortunately, I've got to get ready for the day and all, so I can't stay much longer. :(

I am curious, though, how you found us?
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Welcome to our home away from home, Tusserk!

Post by Endorenna »

Welcome to Exodus! :) Your RP sounds very interesting; I would love to join in, but unfortunately, I'm already in eleven RPs between this and other forums, and I think I'd better stop joining more RPs. :oops:
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

You can never join enough! :mrgreen:

Post by Endorenna »

VagueDurin wrote:You can never join enough! :mrgreen:
Well, let's put it this way: if I join more, I'll be too busy to do anything with Ytan once Tsiv and Co. come to rescue her. :P

Post by Xanamiar »

Balsa wrote:Hello! I'd like to welcome you to our community! Unfortunately, I've got to get ready for the day and all, so I can't stay much longer. :(

I am curious, though, how you found us?
I showed her the way here Balsa...

Nice to have you Tusserk...

Post by Tusserk »

Hey, thanks for the welcomes! :D

Yeah, Balsa, it's Xanamiar's fault I'm here! Mwahahaa.

As for folks joining in or not... I don't mind even if people just throw in a single off hand reply, or if it's many days between posts! All I'm hoping for is potentially a little bit of back and forth to help fill out the gaps in Tusserk's life, however slow the back-and-forth might be... heck, there's even the chance I'll just end up roleplaying quietly to myself out here. Who knows!
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Nah, we can't have that. I'll role play with you, I already have a character in mind. ;)

And having said that welcome to the boards!
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Tusserk meet Isis Sinclair, a young political activist with a pension for getting into trouble. She's the daughter of one Rodrick Sinclair, former Republic Senator and a General who had served in the Clone Wars. She's also a spoiled rich kid so there's that too. :P Anyway, I figured since this is an alternate reality of sorts I might bring in an alternate version of one of my current characters. ;)

Edit:

Oh, almost forgot! She's also Force sensitive with quite a lot of potential but no actual training.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Xanamiar »

The woman who walked in is an alternate version of my Bounty Hunter, Shynira Rayne ... She's harmless, unless she's got a "Dead or Alive" Warrant that she's hunting down. And don't worry, she's not hunting Tusserk... She's hunting someone else... However, she may be curious to know that Tusserk is there, if she finds such information :)

Post by Tusserk »

:D

Just want to say, having a great time so far!! Thanks for giving Tuss' some interesting characters to play with... I can't wait to see where this goes! So you know, I honestly don't have any specific plans at all for where this story is to head, at least not yet. I'm more than happy to just go with whatever happens.

And yeeeaaah, Tusserk's got his saber out, now. In the open, in the outside world... look out, Unnamed Corellian Town. You won't be able to pretend there's not a Jedi around for much longer!
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

You have a good thread going, keep it up!

Post by Tusserk »

Just jumped things forward a bit, in the hopes of preventing story-death! ;) Meet Tusserk's other traveling companions... a lizard, a mute and a monster! Our GM certainly does like concocting the most bizarre of NPCs for the party to deal with, heh. I need to do a decent drawing of Frank some day, more than just the scrawls in my sketchbook-- it would make him so much easier to visualise, I'm sure!

Still very much welcoming anyone's input; Tusserk and Co. could have been 'noticed' or 'monitored' at any stage really-- yeah, he's careful and all, but he's not fool-proof!
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Sounds interesting, I'm in too much to join another at the mo though :(

But hey - welcome ! If you want to join the MBT there are plenty of openings in the SDN for darksiders, Malakai is always on the lookout for new talent.

And my Jedi Knight waiting to go battle Sivter is again apprentice-less so... There's an option too.