Escape from Corruscant - Continued from the SWG boards

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Post by Gonesolo »

Lost in his thoughts Elodin eventually secumbed to the absolute fatigue that was clawing at him. He awoke some time later to the other making some sort of meal from a creature that Ranga had managed to catch and kill.

Elodin sat up quickly and let out a pained groan.

"Good afternoon" smiled Galena at him offering him a plate of well cooked meat, Elodin took the meal and ate hungrily.

"How is Ariane?" he blurted between mouthfulls.

"Well she made it through the surgery," replied R5 "We'll just have to wait now. 1-5A is in with her now. He had to replace her heart with an aartifical one, she will be quite weak until her body has fully accepted the replacement!"

"But will she live?" demanded Elodin

"Only she can make that decision now" replied Galena, solemnly

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb awoke from a disturbed slumber. He could see the vision still in his mind. The pain was in his stomach. All he could remember was the pain. When he concentrated, he saw a red saber in his abdomen. Looking up, he saw the Dark Lord himself. After that, everything went black, clouded by a dark mist. He had to reach out to his daughter, give her every bit of strength he could. They had to act fast.

"My darling, there is much left for you to learn. The time grows short. I feel the Dark Side surmounting. It begins to cloud everything completely. My time grows short, as well. I have seen my own death in a vision. You and your party must hurry. I will be with you every step of the way."

He sat in the cave atop the mountain, channeling every bit of Force power to Ariane. All he could do was continue to wait on them.
So the past is not forgotten.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.

Post by Gonesolo »

A few hours later, and against 1-5A's advice Ariane was up and walking around. She refused to talk about the expierence to anyone but everyone could sense that she was not herself. She was greatly affected by what had happened to her. Galena, Reed and Elodin were worried about her but they said nothing.

In the late afternoon she emerged from her tent fully dressed. She had a packed bag over her shoulder and a look of determination in her eyes.

"I have to go to Ossus!" she said determindly to the others, "My father is waiting for me there!"

Without another word she turned and strode up the gangplank of Quinn's legacy. Elodin gave a quizzical look at R5 who shrugged his shoulders. As the Engines of the Macrow freighter powered to life R5 called to Elodin.

"She's a determined woman. Go with her and make sure she is ok!"

As Elodin ran up the gangplank of Quinn's legacy R5 turned to Galena and Reed.

"Now where do you two want to go?" he queried with a smile.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As if by ironic reply, the sound of starship engines broke the silence and the battered, ageing Crimson Blade swept into view. After setting down a distance away, the rear access hatch opened and Kregor wandered wearily out.

Kregor approached them, arms outstretched. Galena and Reed hugged him tightly. Reed spoke first, " You made it! " At this Kregor laughed softly, " You thought I wouldn't ? " Galena stepped back and smiled, " Kregor, where are we going to go now? Ariane is leaving for Ossus, I'm not sure where Elodin and Ranga are headed."

Kregor rubbed his chin thoughtfully," Well, for so many years I've called Coruscant home... I don't know if it's safe to go back there now though... Besides I have one more wrong to try and right. You can come with me if you want to, or I'll take you wherever you want to go - but I have to find Rissk. Another person whose life I messed up...."

Post by Gonesolo »

With a roar of repulsors Quinn's Legacy lifted off the ground, in the cockpit Ariane looked down at her friends, and family, gathered watching the ship lift off. For a moment she just looked, but, just as the ship started to accelerate she waved thankfully to them all silently wondering if she would ever see them again.

The powerful Macrow freighter powered through the atmosphere and quickly jumped to lightspeed. A few hours later, near the mysterious planet Ossus the ship dropped from hyperspace and raced to the planet below as Ariane ran to meet the one man she had not see in almost 20 years, her father.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor looked at this others solemnly. His eyes sullen and serious. At that point Galena and Reed knew it was goodbye, they did not know how long for, but Kregor had made up his mind. Galena spoke first.

" Where will you go? "

Kregor sighed deeply, " I'm not sure... Rissk was on Kashyyk, she and a group of others saved the Wookiees from us. By us I mean myself and Caden Blackart - the Dark Jedi, he fell to a young Jedi... Jiska ? Yes I heard the old man call him Jiska. That's when you arrived... *sigh* It's been an eventful few days... I'm glad you returned, you;ve changed my life."

Reed raised his head, a solitary tear in his eyes," Father.... I'll never understand your motives, Mother has told me about the past, Ariane, Yado, Jeb, Perem, teh epic battle to save Naboo.... How could you ally yourself with such a man?"

Kregor smiled softly, "I don't rightly know, we all do strange things when we're overcome by emotion. I think part of it was the arrogance of the Jedi, people told me they couldn't be bested - I set out to prove them wrong... I guess the problem was it was the third party. No single Jedi ever claimed that they could not be bested.... They all fought hard, and bravely, and often reluctantly.... I'm a fool, I've always been a fool... I always will be...."

Galena shook her head gently," Kregor, that you maybe... Fool or no fool though, your tenacity has always been an inspiration... I sometimes wonder how differently things could have been if you fought on the side of the light from day one?"

Kregor shrugged, " I'm glad you two are alright... I told you before - the reactor room... I thought Ariane had killed you... I never realised that we had a son... It changes things... I have to go and find the rest of my family though... Where ever Rissk is I shall find her..."

A puzzled look grew on Reeds face, " Rissk? Who is Rissk?"

Kregor rubbed his chin thoughtfully, " A long time ago I used to use droids to assist me in winning my Bounties. One of them malfunctioned, and ended up nearly getting me killed. At that point I decided I needed a servant that was more reliable. I bought Rissk off her Trandoshan parents who were more than happy to sell, I had her memory erased and she lived as an adopted orphan for many years with meon Coruscant. I taught her how to fight and pilot a ship, and I foud companionship too... She was a good friend, when I took her to have her memory erased the second time - that's really what I was afraid of losing... She never understood that... "

Galena nodded as Kregor re-told his story, " And what about Yado? What became of Master Yado and Perem? That's a part of the story noby seems to know..."

Kregor shrugged, " When I fled that burning wreck, those two were still fighting to the death... Force Lightning, lightsabres, they were fighitng with every inch of their strength, I suspect they still were as the ship exploded..."

Reed frowned, " You need to find Rissk, we need to complete our training. It seems we have to say goodbye, at least for now?"

Kregor nodded slowly, " Go to Ossus, follow Ariane, learn all you can about the ways of the Jedi. I'll meet you in the lucky despot, Mos Eisley, Tatooine exactly one year from now."

The three looked at each other for an agonsing moment. Then Kregor turned abruptly and strolled up the gangplank of the Crimson Blade. Soon the roar of engines had died down and the mysterious, engmatic man known as Kregor Faltis was gone from their lives once more...

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb sat on the mountaintop as the ship passed over him. From the moment they arrived in the system, Jeb was guiding Ariane's movements to bring them to the summit where he waited. He guided them to the small settlement where he had landed the Golem's Fist. He called softly to her.

"Ariane. Come to the summit of the mountain. I will meet you there."

He implanted the easiest path up the mountain to where he was into her brain. He knew that she was weak, but knew that she could make it. He could sense the strong will of her mother.

"Darling, I've waited for this for the longest time."

It was time to bring the Order back into exsistence.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.

Post by Gonesolo »

Without saying a word Ariane gently set down the ship at the base of the mountain. Powering down the systems she quickly exited the ship and made a determined path up the mountain.

With a shrug Elodin started to follow her but as he started up the mountain he heard a familar voice.

"Elodin stop. Your path does not travel with Ariane any more!"

Elodin stopped dead and turned to face the direction he had heard the voice, turned to see a shimmering figure smiling at him.

"Mother?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor, Ariane and Elodin departed, Galena looked at the Dark Hunter parked nearby. The commotion of leaving ships now ended, the only sound was the chirping of wildlife beyond the trees. A warm breeze rustled the branches and howled softly. Reed looked at his mother, " Mother, what are we going to do now?"

Galena sighed deeply," I don't know... We found Kregor, after all these years and now he's left... But in finding him, I think we saved him... And probably a lot of other people too by the sounds of it.... I have a feeling we'll see him again..."

Reed shrugged, " We need to complete our training... Where in the galaxy are we going to find a Jedi Master who will teach us ?"

Galena rubbed her chin thoughtfully, " I know the location of one Jedi Master, whether he'll forgive me after all these years I don't know... "

R5 turned to Galena and Reed again.

"Now where do you two want to go?" he queried with a smile.

Galena smiled softly, " I don't know if this is going to go down well with Ariane, but we have to try - take us to Ossus if you please."

Reed looked up at his mother startled, " Shouldn't we leave her be? "

Galena frowned, " I don't know, we have to try though... It's a pity we lost our ship on Kashyyk..."

Reed nodded, " We weren't even involved in the whole episode, and our ship got blown up! R5? Will you take us to Ossus?"

Post by Gonesolo »

R5 smiled warmly at the pair and then at Ranga. Ranga gave him a nod and R5 replied

"Off course we will!"

Pausing for a moment to take one last look around, the four walked the plank into the Dark Hunter. As the ageing freighter took to the air the wind it threw up extinguished the last embers of the camp fire where they had spent the night.

The ship hung for a moment about 2 dozen meters above the ground and then will a burst of repulsor lift it shot sky wards.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The cabin of the Dark Hunter echoed with silence, the only sound breaking it, the soft hum of the engines. At that point the desperate battle for survival within the Emperors palace seemed a million miles away. In truth Galena and Reed were exhausted, and anxious about wether their quest would be a successful one.

Soon Ossus loomed into view and the Dark Hunter was carving through the atmosphere. Ariane's ship was parked at the foot of a tall mountain, seemingly deserted. Once the Dark Hunter had set down Galena, Reed and their two new companions stepped cautiously onto the surface.

Reed scoured the seemingly deserted area, "Where the frell is everyone?"

Post by Gonesolo »

As if he had heard Reed's question, Elodin stepped out of the shadows. HE smiled warmly at Galena and Reed before solemly staring up the mountain path that Ariane had so determinedly started up when they arrived.

"Ariane is up there!" he said pointing at the path "She's with her father now!"

Galena looked at Elodin, there was a distance in him, his mind was elsewhere. His body was with them but his thoughts were not.

"You're leaving aren't you?" she said quietly to him

A little surprised he stared at her for a moment before replying, "Yes. There is something I must do! Something my mother has tasked me to complete for her! But I am worried about Ariane, I do not know if I should leave her!"

"Do not worry, she is with her father, he will protect her. And myself and Reed are here if she needs us too!"

Elodin gave a knowing smile to Galena. Then they hugged, he stopped to shake Reed's hand before calling to R5

"Ok R5 I'm going with you!"

"Off course master Elodin!" smiled R5 as the two proceeded up the gangplank. Even as they did the Dark Hunter growled to life and slowly ascended. Elodin waved good bye from the top of the entryway before the hatch closed and the ship rocketed into the night.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the Dark Hunter disappeared from view Reed and Galena looked at each other knowingly. Without exchanging words the two set off slowly up the crumbling path towards the top of the mountain.

They passed trees, and rocky outcrops, the mountain looming larger still as they neared the lower slopes. The starlit sky illuminated their paths, a soft breeze swept over the now barren hillside. The climb was long and arduous, even after what seemed like hours, the summit was still nowhere in sight.

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane had to stop many times on her ascent. Her heart was pounding with every step that she took. But now the summit was close and she could sense a presence up a head.

A presence she knew, not just from her mothers memories but the presence was familar to her too.

She started to run the final distance to the sumit, urged on by this as yet unseen presence.

"Father!"

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb ran from the cave that he had carved into the rock. He skidded to a halt when he saw his daughter climb over the edge of the plateau. It had truely been too long, but she was all too familiar. She was the exact clone of her mother with some DNA of himself. She had grown up apart from him, but she still knew him. She ran into his arms, and they embraced for an eternity.

"I have missed you so much, my dear," he said to her. "I love you."

He could feel the Force within her. It was extremely powerful but extremely unfocused.

"Where shall we start, father?" she asked.

"First, we shall wait for your friends. Galena and her son are ascending to this place, also."

It had been so many years since Galena and Ariane, his wife, had faced off. It had resulted in the death of Ariane, but Jeb had many years to get over this. She was gone and there was no reason to hate Galena. She was only doing what she was instructed, but she had also changed her heart since then. Jeb could feel the good in her, the good of Ariane that was within her.

"They, too, need guidance. I will do my best to train all of you. Please, come in and dine with me. There is much to do and so little time."
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane could not believe it, after all these years her father was alive. Although somehow she had always known he was not dead. She had so much she wanted to say to him, so much to tell him but she was lost for words so she only nodded. She took his hand and let him lead her to the cave.

But the excitement and the climb were to much for her and her new heart. She fainted and Jeb deftly caught her. Carefully he carried her inside and put her gently on the ground before covering her lightly and waiting for Galena and Reed.

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb sat on the edge of the cot he had prepared for Ariane. It had been such a long time. The last time he had seen her was when she was an infant. He had trusted her to Inara, a Jedi friend. When he had heard of Inara's death, he feared the worst for his child. It wasn't until about a year ago that he had caught her presence in the Force. He had seemingly always sensed it, but never thought to reach out to her. His wife had appeared to him in a vision a few months ago, telling him about her soon coming. He had prepared this place on the mountain for her. Their own fortress of sorts.

He looked at her lovingly. Her face was smooth and fragile, but still the stress of a lifetime weighed heavy upon her. He wondered what could have been so traumatic. He stroked her cheek and stood up. He walked over to his supplies and prepared two more cots for his other visitors. He then walked out to meet them. He helped them up to the ledge and ignited his lightsaber as Galena was dusting herself off. She reacted the way he thought, blocking his blow. "You are still quite skilled. Good job, Galena. Do not worry. I don't hold my wife's death against you any longer. She was weak and sacrificed herself for me and our daughter. I would have done the same. Your son seems to have amazing potential. Who is his father? Or do I have to ask?" He closed off the power to his lightsaber and returned the hilt to his belt.

"It is Kregor, Jeb," she replied.

"Ah, the Jedi killer. I thought so. He has his father's edge. He also seems to have the rage that you both possess. In time, you will learn to give up that rage. Come with me."

He led them to their cots. He allowed them to rest until the next day. He removed himself from the cave and sat on the rock platform to meditate.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena sat quietly on her cot, inspecting the interior of the cave. Seeing Jeb Kaxson again... After all these years... He had an air of wisdom and calmness about him which was not reminiscent of the young Jedi whose hands she had sliced off all those years ago.

Reed lay back on his cot, Jedi Killer... All his thoughts about his father were a mess. Kregor... he'd been an evil man... There was no denying that, but at the same time, when he'd change sides, he'd pursued their goals with the same vigour and determination as before... Spending the years fleeing the empire, hiding and occasionally being taught a little about the force by Galena... It had been a strange life so far. His mother of course had never really been an expert in the force, her abilities, implanted into the clone embryo rather than being learned putting her at a disadvantage... As he explored his thoughts Reed slowly drifted off to sleep.

Sensing Reed's passing into unconsciousness, Galena stood up, and wandered out of the cave entrance. Jeb knelt, peacefully, a soft but chill breeze wafting his hair about his bothan features. So much to say... The lines where his hands were seperated were still visible... Because of her... So much to say... But maybe some things are best left unsaid. Silently she turned and crept back into the cave.

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb turned as Galena left. "You don't have to leave, Galena. I sense the trouble in your heart. I apologize for what I said earlier...about Kregor. I know that he has changed his ways, but that is all I've known him as," he looked at his hands, "Honestly, I'd almost forgotten about you cutting off my hands. These have become just as natural as my others. Don't worry, you have impeded the Force in me." He lifted a stone through the Force with a gesture of his hand. "See? I can lift far heaveir things, too. In time, you will learn all that I can show you. There are many things about the Force you have to experience yourself." He could feel the pain in her heart ease a little, but there was still so much. He did hate her or Kregor, but she still thought he did. He had to show her that there were no hard feelings between them.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena paused briefly, " Thankyou Jeb, you are an honourable man... I... I know you think there's nothing to... to... hmmph ! but I... I was born from a cloning chamber aboard Perems ship... Already with memories implanted, already with opinions, and ideology implanted.... I don't know where I come from... I don't know where I'm going... I've spent most of the last twenty years on the run... "

The cool night air whistled around the mountaintop, the stars lit up Jeb's features eerily. Galena stood in silence, casting her gaze over the landscape, falling away in the distance, contemplating what Jeb had said and contemplating her life...

Post by Gonesolo »

Slowly Ariane opened her eyes and looked around. In the cot opposite she could see Reed. Outside she could hear voices. She sat up slowly but her head thumped and she groaned as she sat up.

The pain in her chest had subsided but the memory of it still remained, as did the memory of the injury that caused it.

Slowly she wandered out side and saw her father and Galena, her sister, talking. She made her way to them and sat down beside Galena.

"How are you feeling?" smiled Jeb

"A little weak but I'm ok!" she replied half smiling.

"Good" replied Jeb with a warm smile "Today we will start your training. The first thing you all need to do is build your own lightsabers"

Post by Gonesolo »

She sat down beside Galena on a rock and looked up at the stars.

"It's strange..." she started

"What?" enquired Galena.

"I've never had my own lightsaber! I've used my mother's for so long I had become acustomed to the feel of them!"

Jeb smiled at her "You will be surprised what a difference you're own weapon will make my child. A jedi forms a link with their lightsaber when they are creating it. When a jedi uses a weapon that he has crafted, then it is no longer just a weapon it is an extension of the Jedi's connection to the force. It is almost like the jedi and his weapon are one"

Post by Gonesolo »

The dawn sun broke the darkness while Ariane, Galena and Jeb still talked, they had a lot to discuss and a lot to catch up on so none of them were surprised when the light of the rising sun caught the dying embers of the camp fire.

"We should get started!" smiled Jeb at the two women. "We have much to do today and the soon we get started the better!"

Ariane and Galena nodded and Galena stood up "I'll wake Reed!"

"The place we are heading for is 2 hours travel but I am confident you will managed it my child." smiled Jeb at Ariane.

"I'm sure you are right father" she replied.

Jeb smiled "Just like you're mother! Unwilling to give up!"

"That's one of the reasons you loved her so much" winked Ariane in return as she pulled herself up from her squat position.

Galena and Reed rejoined them quickly and after a light breakfast they headed out at a light pace.

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb walked along silently, ahead of the crowd. The quiet interlude was broken by Galena. "What did you do after the explosion? Where did you go?"

"Well, there wasn't much I could do. I returned to the Council for a time, did my duty as a Jedi, but then Vader came and wiped out the Jedi. Only a few of us remain now. The numbers keep growing smaller everyday. Have you ever heard a scream and then feel nothingness replace the scream? It's one of the worst feelings in the universe.

"Continuing...When the Council was no more, and the Order dispersed throughout the galaxy, I travelled to Ruusan. It's the planet where the great battle between the Sith and the Jedi happened long ago. Master Yoda and I had discussed the possibility of the Dark Side masking a Jedi from Lord Vader's senses. He travelled to Dagobah and I to Ruusan. I stayed there until I saw a vision of Ariane tell me to come to Ossus to meet my daughter."

They continued on their way.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena plodded along silently in the shadow of Jeb. The wind whistled around the hills, dawn breaking slowly on the horizon, the sky glowed red, then yellow golden as daybreak fought it's way through.

Reed rubbed the sleep from his eyes, the two alarmingly similar women, one his genetically engineered mother, the other her rough likeness. There were differences between Galena and Ariane he mused, but they looked like part of the family. There had been alot to take in on the mountain top, his sleep had been disturbing... Dark, surreal dreams, echoes of the past, of his mothers life on the run, desperately trying to flee the empire, hide her force sensitive son, and to find Kregor...

Galena rubbed her chin thoughtfully, " Jeb, did you ever hear anything more of Perem Thoje and Master Yado?! Kregor told us, the last time he saw them, they were still locked in deadly combat, fighting fiercely... I wonder if either of them was the victor and if either of them escaped the doomed ship? *sigh* I guess it doesn't matter, I' m just curious... "

Post by JebKaxsan »

"No. Neither of them survived the ship," Jeb said sharply. The fact was that he didn't really know. After the ship exploded, he was so consumed with the death of Ariane that he completely let his guard down. He didn't feel either of them still alive. It was highly unlikely that either survived, he told himself. He'd been telling himself the same thing for years.

They came to an encampment of merchants. This is where they could get most of the common parts they needed. Jeb had the rest of the parts on the Golem's Fist which was slightly east of where they were. He bartered with the merchants and allowed the others in his party to attempt mindtricks on some. They headed off from the group towards the Golem's Fist. It was a short walk, but it seemed like an eternity for Jeb. Something was wrong with him. "That's impossible," he thought. "I'm not even one hundred years old." When they got to the entrance of the Golem's Fist, Jeb reeled back into unconciousness. He slumped to the ground with a cold sweat around his muzzle. The others rushed to his side.
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena watched Jed tumble to the ground, an astonished look on her face. " What the frell!? What's the matter with him?"

Reed knelt down beside him quickly, and reached out to Jeb's neck, " His pulse is weak... He's still breathing though! What are we going to do!? Ariane, can you force heal?"

Galena and Reed turned to Ariane expectantly...

Post by Gonesolo »

"I will do what I can!" she replied kneeling beside her father. Closing her eyes she reached out to him with the force. She could sense him but it was strange almost like he was just out of her reach. Vieled from her by some unseen force.

Determined not to give up she concentrated on his physical body, with luck healing his physical body would return his spiritual one to her. She summoned the force to her will but the effort was quickly too much for her. She fell backwards to a seated position on the floor of the Fist.

"I....I'm too weak to do this alone!" she sighed "But perhaps the three of us can help him"

She knelt again beside her fallen father and held out her hands to her sister and nephew.

Post by JebKaxsan »

Jeb knew exactly what was happening. He could feel the darkness surrounding him as he fell into this abyss. Finally he stopped and stared into the eyes of the dead. He could feel two different minds trapped in this body. He looked at the human and said, "Master Yado, Perem, it has been quite some time."

"Yes, it has been too long Jeb Kaxsan. I have traveled far to find you. Now I leave you with news of your destruction. I am coming for you, to kill you."

"How can this be? What happened after I left that ship?" Jeb asked fervently.

"Well," the being said, "it starts off when you left. Master Yado and Perem were fighting to the death, as you well know. Perem gained the upper hand and knocked Master Yado unconcious. As he came up to deliver the final blow, Perem was struck with a brilliant idea. Why not fuse the minds of himself and his former master into one body, me? He was able to escape the ship and take Master Yado to the base where he had first started these experiments. He was able to successfully fuse the two minds into one body. That is where I, Corath, come into play. Shortly afterward, Master Perem sent me on my way and destroyed himself, Master Yado, and the facility. I vowed to him that I would find you, and with my mastery of the Force, I was able to."

"Corath, you don't have to do this. I must tell you, I will not let you succeed," Jeb said.

"We will see about that, Kaxsan," Corath replied.

Jeb awoke from his spell. "We have a new problem, my daughter."
So the future is saved.
So the Order is renewed.
That is my quest.

Post by Gonesolo »

A little surprised when Jeb returned from his almost coma and even more so when he spoke so soon afterwards.

"What is it father? Please tell me. I can sense it troubling you!" she pleaded.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena watched in silence, memories of all those years ago flashed across her mind. Wether it was through force or intuition she did not know, but one word came to her and said it all, a name.

"....Perem...."

Ariane looked at her quizically, in a questioning way. Galena shook her head, " I don't know how or what, but it's something to do with Perem..."

Reed rubbed his chin thoughtfully, " The mad man who created the Jedi Clones? I thought he was dead !?"

Post by Gonesolo »

Perem

The name sounded familiar, somewhere in the back of her mind. She closed her eyes and concentrated.

"Yes mother has memories of him but her memories of the fight over Naboo are clouded in pain. I don't know why. The memories are disjointed."

Suddenly she sat bolt upright.

"That was the day she died!" a look of sheer terror on her face a single tear ran down her cheek.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena frowned at Ariane, " Yes... That was a dark day... But your mother achieved so much with her sacrifice. "

The wind whistled over the bleak hillside, darkness was nearly absolute now, apart from the mist, burying the trees below the mountain. Reed, shook his head, " He caused so much suffering, yet not for him I would not be born. Should I thank him or kill him? The end never justifies the means, less here than anywhere... What do you know Jeb?"

Post by Gonesolo »

"Your mother and I live with that too young Reed, if it not for Perem we would not exist either!" Ariane sighed as she reassuringly put her hand on her young nephew's shoulder.

"Father were you aware that Perem had escaped?" Ariane quiered.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Galena and Reed look on expectantly at Jeb. Galena sighed deeply, " The last we know is that when the ship was going down Perem and Master Yado were still locked in mortal combat, Kregor told us he'd seen it so. What does it matter if Perem did escape? Are we to go chasing across the galaxy after him?"

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane sighed, a deep sigh

She knew well what kind of man Perem was. She also knew that her mother had a hand in making him that man.

"We have a responsibility!" She started "A responsibility to complete the work our parents started", she paused for a moment and smiled at Jeb.

"Perem is a mad man. He has already tried to destroy Theed and now that he is back who knows what he is capable off"

"We have things here that need attention however. Father where is this cave you told me about? The one where we can find crystals for our lightsabers?"

Jeb smiled and indicated a way down a nearby path. Gathering what they needed they followed his lead. Anxious at what was to come.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The wind howled in the trees as they trudged what looked like a long forgotten path. Strange beasts could be heard in the undergrowth and the evening sky cast eerie shadows over the skyline.

Reed started to sense a growing aura of darkness as they climbed lower into the deep gully in which they seemed to be heading. He grasped his mothers shoulder gently, " Mother, what's wrong? Why am I sensing so much darkside energy?"

Jeb overhearing this turned and smiled warmly, " Don't fear Reed, fear only makes the darkside stronger!"

~

Meanwhile Kregor was at the helm of his Firespray, the Crimson Blade. He'd decided to give Coruscant a wide berth and had attached his docking claw to the underside of a large asteroid just outside the Main Coruscant - Outer Rim Imperial Hyper Route. He was carefulyl monitoring communications and at the same time studying some records he'd managed to hack off one of the passing Star Destroyers. Slowly he waspiecing together what Rissk had been doing since her escape all those years ago. Some of the references were obscure and didn't exactly refer to Rissk, but they had her trademarks. It seemed she'd dissapeared shortly after the battle on Kashyyk, after the mind control experiments had been closed down...

Kregor was determined to find Rissk, he punched in the coordinates for Kashyyk and initated his Hyper Space jump. She was a good pilot and had a more than space-worthy ship by the sounds of it. One way or the other, he was going to find her, something had happened to her and he was going to find out what and try to bring her back.

~

Rissk at this point did not exist in the known universe, several years in the future she was in a hospital on Cecil's moon, getting dressed. She had been marooned there, with a wrecked memory and several years into her own future. ( See:- http://www.starwars-exodus.com/forum/vi ... sc&start=0.)

She slid her blast proof mesh, tunic and robes back on. Zuben had left her for now - having done all he could. She knew where she was, and when she was, but had no idea how to get back. Felix had been moved away, Zuben having promised her he would be taken care of. All that was left was to get her ship flying again and try to get back to Coruscant to pick up her life - five years from whence she left it.

She hoped Raynard was still alive, and Ariane, and Ulyus... She hoped Kregor was dead, and that fool wookiee that tried to steal her ship...

Her head was still a little sore and her whole body ached a little, a kind of bizarre itch just under the skin. It was minor at this time so she assumed it was simply an effect of the drugs.

Post by Gonesolo »

They walked for a few hours and eventually stopped at the base of a large cliff.

"This is the place!" smiled Jeb warmly

"Is it just me or is it cold here" asked Reed shivering.

"No I noticed it too" shivered Ariane "I may be mad but I think it's been getting colder the closer to this place we've been getting"

"It's this place" started Jeb gathering some wood together for a fire "May jedi and sith died here a long time ago. Their essence still affects this place!"

He dropped the wood to the ground and using a small tool ignited the wood to make a decent camp fire.

"It is here you will find the crystals for your lightsabers, in these caves the are numerous crystals both tuned and untuned. Here you will find the crystals you need"

"but how will we know ......" started Galena.

"Listen to the force and you will find the one for you" interjected Jeb "Go now, I'll be here waiting for you!"

With that he closed his eyes and started to meditate, the light from the camp fire dancing across his Bothan features. Ariane, Reed and Galena looked at each other a little confused and then turned and each picked a trail and then they started up their choosen path.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Jeb's words hung in the air, his firelight flickering eerily around the cave entrance. The twinkle of crystals flashed every now and then with the light of the flame. Reed, Galena and Ariane wandered into the cave...

As the three entered they felt inextricably drawn in certain directions, the experience was having a great effect on Reed, something whispered to him in the darkness, crying out for his attention.

Desperately he broke free from the others down a dark crevice to a pile of rubble near the bottom, frantically he began digging through the stony debris with his bear hands, soon his fingers were bleeding, but he didn't slow up...

~

Meanwhile Kregor was scratching his head, he'd been following Rissk's distinctive Hyper space signature, but it dissapeared abruptly...

Something strange had happened to Rissk...

Post by Gonesolo »

As Ariane entered the cave she could feel it. Calling her pulling her. Reed and Galena had already started down there path. Her's it would seem was away from theres. She followed the pull as it led her down one of the darker veins. Down and down the cave went the slope was quite steep. Her footing slipped on a number of occasions but she did not fall.

Then the ground moved beneath her, loose rock, her footing failed her she fell tumbling down the slope. Stones cut her hands and tore at her clothes as she fell. Then suddenly she stopped. It was dark. She could see little. Her head hurt. She passed out.